Prompted to write this after yet another thread today about poor sales rep attitude to BlackBerry.

So we've learned that sale reps could be dumb, ignorant or just mean when it comes to BlackBerry (without any meaningful arguments of course apart from their iSheep-ness or dessert sweet tooth)

But what I find a bit discomforting is that a few months now with Chen at the helm we've seen absolutely no positive developments between BlackBerry and the mobile operators. All we see is bad sales efforts to outright bullying.

Why hasn't Chen drummed it up to them that BlackBerry devices are here to stay (if that's part of the srategy obviously! Or maybe it is not?...Is it about money and sales & marketing budget which for BlackBerry is probably far from what Apple and Samsung are pumping?

With the current state of affairs between BlackBerry and the carriers (from reading numerous posts here daily) one would think that at a minimum carriers should be unbiased when selling phones. Yet they are far from that.

? Q1o
    02-15-14 02:17 PM
    The majority of the time when I talk to a rep either in store or online they are Iphone or Galaxy lovers.

The opposite happened to me today when I was talking to a rep online about Verizon's new "more everything" while he was not a BlackBerry user, we joked about our mutual dislike for Iphones and he even admitted while he was a Droid user he was not a fan of Samsung overlapping Android setup.

While it was not a clear support for BlackBerry I liked having an actual convo with a rep that didn't shove an Iphone or Galaxy down your throat.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 and cleaverton like this.
    02-15-14 02:27 PM
    When I went to my local AT&T store and asked about the Q10 (I just wanted to hold it before deciding lol) my sales person and the manager both acted like I was suddenly a vagrant or disdainful or something. The manager said "we don't carry Blackberries. They are done" So I left and ordered online. Take that! I've only had it 3 days now (and can't out it down). The people who have noticed have said two things: let me see that thing....and I didn't even know they made Blackberries anymore. Nothing negative, nothing snobby, nothing like "you must be an ancient crazy". A few have been really impressed. My husband us getting ready to go Blackberry and a friend of mine who is a cop was asking me tons of questions about the Z10 last night and getting ready to order his

So, if people realized "they still make Blackberries" (zero advertisement) and the stores would at least carry a display model who knows what could happen. Honestly, I would switch carriers in a heartbeat for one that supports Blackberry users and treated them with at least as much respect as they do iphone & android users

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    JesseBabe23 and potatoguy like this.
    02-15-14 02:31 PM
    It's because ALL sales reps are clueless. Some in here who are sales reps or managers or whatever have said that it's not the case and that they are unbiased but I call absolute BS on that. In fact, those are worse than the ones who blatantly hate BlackBerry. At least those have a stance and don't try to pretend that they give a ****.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:35 PM
    The truth is that phones running Android and IOS work well. In fact even windows phones work well. BlackBerry has to keep upping their game and it will never end. They have the hardware now, it's all about the OS from here which is still a bit behind with form/function

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-15-14 02:45 PM
    The truth is that phones running Android and IOS work well. In fact even windows phones work well. BlackBerry has to keep upping their game and it will never end. They have the hardware now, it's all about the OS from here which is still a bit behind with form/function

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Do you use a bb10 phone? What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    cleaverton, jevinzac and ray689 like this.
    02-15-14 02:55 PM

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    In our household we have Android and had IOS. My BlackBerry has been working very well. We have had issues with our Android phones and tablets. Just sent a Samsung tablet back today for a refund. It is all about a device that meets our needs, has a smooth UI, fast processor, fast browser, great keyboard, has the latest NFC, DLNA, Miracast, bluetooth technology, clear phone calls, good camera, good screen, good speakers etc. And based on actual users of BB10 the BlackBerrys have all worked well.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-15-14 03:36 PM
    I went to two AT&T stores, telling the sales rep I was looking to purchase a new phone, and the minute I said I wanted to buy the Q10 their facial expressions changed and told me that they no longer carrier BlackBerries in the store, and one even went on rambling about how BlackBerry has "taken a toll". It's quite embarrassing actually the way these reps act. I went online and had to purchase it that way. I love my Q10, and besides the rude sales reps at AT&T, I've received nothing but positive feedback and comments from my friends and family about my Q10. Wanting to see my phone, asking about it, giving me compliments and telling me how much they miss their old BlackBerry.

Honestly, I've owned an iPhone for 3 years. People switching to iPhones now are new users, either from Androids or older phones. Surprisingly, a lot of the people I talk to about iPhones who have owned them for a while aren't too impressed by Apple, and either talk about how they're looking into other phone options for their next device, or talk about all the negative things they dislike about the phone. I think people are starting to wake up a little bit about iPhone and Apple, themselves. I stopped buying every new iPhone that came out when the 5S came out, and the only thing different about my current iPhone 5 was minor changes and the fingerprint scanner, which was unnecessary to begin with. People want change. I honestly feel like if BlackBerry can continue to step up their game, create great devices, maybe release a few more apps, and advertise, things would start looking up.
    02-15-14 03:55 PM
    Why would they push the phone when even BBRY doesn't? In the states you pretty much have to order one if you want one. I guess enterprise and prosumers don't shop at the stores?
    donnation and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-15-14 04:55 PM
    OK, this is actually it.

On the first launch of BlackBerry 10 under Thor, carriers were excited and happy with the new BlackBerry. They never had a second thought on piling BlackBerry stocks in their warehouses.

Sadly, the OS that came with those newly released BlackBerry 10 devices were buggy and screwed up the device which caused random reboots. Some are having manufacturing defects, some expected bigger than they saw on the first launch, some are just haters, some are just sheeps... and lots of the customers ended up returning their BlackBerry 10 devices. Some of those customers posted their frustrations and negativities about BlackBerry 10 on blogs, websites, and any where else around the Internet world.

Including those android savy hosts in YouTube that creates videos of device to device comparisons. They say their opinions, and Subscribers and Viewers takes it as an advice. Until the bad false news exploded real bad.
    While bad things were going, TH were saying promises on the other hand.

Carriers doesn't want that because it cause pains on their assess. So they decided to get rid of BlackBerry; told their employees not to giving positive credits on BlackBerry because it's a faulty device.. (but it was just the os)... and probably, they want extra money... and they always want money.

I wouldn't deny that BlackBerry did a crappy job months ago (or last year) under TH. I'm not also saying that TH doesn't have the brain as a CEO. He was just so unfortunate as a chosen person to handle a struggling big heavy rock solid company at that time. I believe he got stressed heavily. The world was watching him.

BUT THAT WAS BEFORE.

Today is different.

And it became coco crunch!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:24 PM
    It's because ALL sales reps are clueless. Some in here who are sales reps or managers or whatever have said that it's not the case and that they are unbiased but I call absolute BS on that. In fact, those are worse than the ones who blatantly hate BlackBerry. At least those have a stance and don't try to pretend that they give a ****.

Posted via CB10
    Not all sales reps are clueless. I think the majority are biased towards what they like best and a select few actually listen to the customer and try to help them get what is going to be the best for them or what they specifically ask for.

And it's not just phones. Sales reps in every business are getting pushier and bolder. More often than not, the customer is always wrong.

I took a purse back that I had bought my sister for Christmas, the stitching was ripped out on it and I hadn't noticed. Tried to return it with the receipt to the exact store I bought it from. Got told not only did I not buy the purse there but TWO salespeople claimed they never even carried it. So I made a scene, ended up with a gift card with the value of the purse on it. But I left the store feeling like a criminal even though I'd done nothing wrong.

It's too hard to find good salespeople now. No pride in their jobs. No one wants to work for low wages and those who do, don't care enough about what they're doing to cater to the customer. A good salesperson is a rare gem now.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-15-14 07:01 PM
    Do you use a bb10 phone? What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    I've had a Z10 since March 09 2013. There is also an iphone 4s and note 2 under the roof of my house. I stand by my comment. Form/Function need to improve.

The media folders are clustered and it's hard to find things. The contacts app still needs a lot of improvements. There's verification of call from within the hub but not within the call history screen. On top of everything the phone desperately needs full landscape mode and and a consistent dark theme.

If you think the OS is perfect that's your prerogative, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to think so. If they don't keep improving then we're all going to be without blackberries in the near future.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-15-14 07:51 PM
    Carriers' looove for BlackBerry-img_00000021.png
    Is the Z10 different from the Q10? My call log looks like this

Posted via CB10
    eduardofontes likes this.
    02-15-14 07:58 PM
    This is the verification I meant.. the OS needs to be consistent. It's getting there but isn't quite yet. The screens are the same on Z and Q.
    Carriers' looove for BlackBerry-img_20140215_211841.png

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    cleaverton likes this.
    02-15-14 08:20 PM
    Prompted to write this after yet another thread today about poor sales rep attitude to BlackBerry.

So we've learned that sale reps could be dumb, ignorant or just mean when it comes to BlackBerry (without any meaningful arguments of course apart from their iSheep-ness or dessert sweet tooth)

But what I find a bit discomforting is that a few months now with Chen at the helm we've seen absolutely no positive developments between BlackBerry and the mobile operators. All we see is bad sales efforts to outright bullying.

Why hasn't Chen drummed it up to them that BlackBerry devices are here to stay (if that's part of the srategy obviously! Or maybe it is not?...Is it about money and sales & marketing budget which for BlackBerry is probably far from what Apple and Samsung are pumping?

With the current state of affairs between BlackBerry and the carriers (from reading numerous posts here daily) one would think that at a minimum carriers should be unbiased when selling phones. Yet they are far from that.

? Q1o
    I think all of this is true, I have a Z30 now and I just love it! Now that I think about it, I have seen Zero commercials about it.

I think the only place I heard of it was Crackberry (great job guys!) I then researched it and had to have one!

Get it out there BlackBerry!

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-15-14 10:34 PM
    This is the verification I meant.. the OS needs to be consistent. It's getting there but isn't quite yet. The screens are the same on Z and Q.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140215_211841.png 
Views:	435 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	248347

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Wow aren't you picky?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:39 PM
    I've had a Z10 since March 09 2013. There is also an iphone 4s and note 2 under the roof of my house. I stand by my comment. Form/Function need to improve.

The media folders are clustered and it's hard to find things. The contacts app still needs a lot of improvements. There's verification of call from within the hub but not within the call history screen. On top of everything the phone desperately needs full landscape mode and and a consistent dark theme.

If you think the OS is perfect that's your prerogative, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to think so. If they don't keep improving then we're all going to be without blackberries in the near future.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Does the iPhone even allow landscape mode? It might now but last time I had ios6 it didn't. Plus I doubt landscape mode is a big factor in determining what OS does for you Smh

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:40 PM

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Z10 wasn't meant for a dark theme, you installed it.... deal with it

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:50 PM
    Why would they push the phone when even BBRY doesn't? In the states you pretty much have to order one if you want one. I guess enterprise and prosumers don't shop at the stores?
    Agree, BB10 phones are being sold through retailers only from BlackBerry's existing inventory. There is no new production so if a carrier outlet stops selling them when they run out, so be it. These sales people, probably on a wage + commission, aren't going to want to lose a sale by telling customers to order BB10 phones online, they are going to try and sell them another phone they have on the shelf.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-14 11:06 PM
    Yeah I mean really. When I talk to someone informed they usually like android 'vanilla'. And if they have used bb10 before they'll admit it's good. A lot of people are biased against iPhone but I'll at least give them credit for having a good camera

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:31 PM
    The only hope I have with carriers giving BlackBerry some love will be down the road with the "Jakara". While I know it's supposed to be for developing countries I can see Verizon showing it some pre-paid space considering that's all they allow on their pre-paid plans.

If it shows promise there I can see them pushing the high-end ones more so going forward after that.

Til then all I can do is site back and watch.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:37 PM
    I went to two AT&T stores, telling the sales rep I was looking to purchase a new phone, and the minute I said I wanted to buy the Q10 their facial expressions changed and told me that they no longer carrier BlackBerries in the store, and one even went on rambling about how BlackBerry has "taken a toll". It's quite embarrassing actually the way these reps act. I went online and had to purchase it that way. I love my Q10, and besides the rude sales reps at AT&T, I've received nothing but positive feedback and comments from my friends and family about my Q10. Wanting to see my phone, asking about it, giving me compliments and telling me how much they miss their old BlackBerry.

Honestly, I've owned an iPhone for 3 years. People switching to iPhones now are new users, either from Androids or older phones. Surprisingly, a lot of the people I talk to about iPhones who have owned them for a while aren't too impressed by Apple, and either talk about how they're looking into other phone options for their next device, or talk about all the negative things they dislike about the phone. I think people are starting to wake up a little bit about iPhone and Apple, themselves. I stopped buying every new iPhone that came out when the 5S came out, and the only thing different about my current iPhone 5 was minor changes and the fingerprint scanner, which was unnecessary to begin with. People want change. I honestly feel like if BlackBerry can continue to step up their game, create great devices, maybe release a few more apps, and advertise, things would start looking up.
    I can't agree with you any more. I think blackberry will back to the top in 3years.

Post via my Z10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-16-14 12:27 AM
    I've said this before but I think it needs to be said again. Carriers gave BB10 a chance, and it just didn't sell. I went in a couple weeks before T-Mobile launch to see if a release date had been nailed down. They said no, but that their manager had just attended a BlackBerry expo regarding the BB10 devices and was really excited. On launch day I went in to pick up my Z10 and the reps that helped me were excited that I knew about it. The T-Mo stores I saw had huge displays at the front of the store with an ongoing video about the phone. I saw similar displays in Best Buy.

However, the public marketing was very lackluster. I was out with a friend watching the NCAA tourney and when the Keep Moving commercial came on I said "Ooh, BlackBerry commercial!" My friend said "Oh this is a BlackBerry commercial?" He had seen it before, but hadn't recognized it as a BlackBerry commercial. It reminded me of the glowing bike commercial for the 99xx devices. People knew the commercial, but all it accomplished was making people want glowing bikes!

The only other commercial I saw on TV was a CARRIER SPOT for Verizon about the real estate agent who was using BBM video to share pics of houses with her boss on her day off. That was the only feature they showed.

I saw BB10 commercials while streaming content on the CBS website which showcased some new features, but I don't think those did a good enough job at letting potential consumers know that BB10 devices were entirely new beasts from the BB phones of old.

People just didn't know enough about the new BB10 devices and they didn't sell. And perhaps the reports of many returns on BB devices were correct. The devices lasted about 6-8 months on carrier shelves, which I think is enough time to determine if they had a hit on their hands. They were simply moved aside in favor of devices that would bring in revenue for the carrier. I can't fault them in that.

However, iI do wish they'd still keep a couple BB10 devices available for those that come in and ask for them by name. It's apparent that if people are coming in asking for "the BlackBerry Q10" that they've done their research and this is the device they want. I can understand a rep who at first might gently suggest another device that the general public has been happier with, but at the first "no" they should give the customer what they're asking for.
    ghundiraj and kbz1960 like this.
    02-16-14 09:41 AM