10.2.1 brought a feature that would allow the phone to update the OS automatically if connected to wifi. Well should apps do the same thing? Or at least have a setting that you could enable to allow this? Many of my friends with BB10 phones never update their apps, either because they are lazy or just don't care. I go into their BBworld and see 40 updates available.. There should be a resolution for this. Thoughts?
    02-15-14 01:36 PM
    I thinks it's a good option. I see the same thing with my coworkers BlackBerrys. Always a lot of available updates. I know my daughter's other fruit device does this.

Posted via CB10 using Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    02-15-14 01:44 PM
    I would like that as an option but NOT automatic. Sometimes there are updates you don't want

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 and Deu2e like this.
    02-15-14 01:57 PM
    Auto updating of apps isn't as important to me as being notified that updates are available for my apps. My Z10 is my only device that doesn't seem to notify me when app updates are available. Don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong...

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:57 PM
    They should improve the update notifications, first of all. I find that I only get about 50-60% of update notifications in the hub. If the notification is there it seems strange to me that someone would be "too lazy" to update when all they have to do is click the notification in the hub and then hit open

As long as it's relatively easy to turn off auto update, I think it would be a good feature to add. One of the annoying things about windows is how every dang program wants to auto update itself, to start automatically on boot up, and to install other programs you don't want, so I think blackberry should really try to avoid going down that route too much. Most people want to feel like they are in control of their device

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:07 PM
    Auto updating of apps isn't as important to me as being notified that updates are available for my apps. My Z10 is my only device that doesn't seem to notify me when app updates are available. Don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sometimes it notifies and sometimes not, don't know the reasoning

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    02-15-14 04:09 PM
    If the notification is there it seems strange to me that someone would be "too lazy" to update when all they have to do is click the notification in the hub and then hit open

Posted via CB10
    You obviously haven't meet the people around me. Every phone I touch has update notifications and nobody, either they don't know how or are to lazy, seems to perform the update. It would be nice if they auto updated but also informed you that it was done so you can see the change log.
    02-15-14 04:23 PM
    I don't think apps should auto update as sometimes the updates aren't significant enough or they actually make matters worse. I wouldn't want my apps to update like that, but I think users should be given the option to choose auto update or not. I also think it depends on the person. I check my update notifications and update when needed. Then again I have a friend that never updated her apps until they stopped functioning due to her phone's OS being out of date.
    02-15-14 07:57 PM
    Once I noticed that an app update was really quite large in comparison to the app itself so I deleted the app and then reinstalled it (the supposedly updated and fixed app).
    I don't like it when the reasons given for the update are vague either.
    There have been exploits pushed via updates in the past (on other platforms) so I think it should remain a case of user discretion.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-15-14 09:28 PM
    As always, I think the option would be nice. It would still allow the user to maintain some control, if it was wanted.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    02-15-14 09:37 PM
    Like others have said, it would be nice to have the option.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:39 PM
    If it were an option it should be auto enabled and you would have to turn it off if you didn't want it, otherwise the people who have issues with updating apps would never turn it on because they wouldn't know it existed

02-16-14 07:29 AM
    If it were an option it should be auto enabled and you would have to turn it off if you didn't want it, otherwise the people who have issues with updating apps would never turn it on because they wouldn't know it existed

OK fair enough!

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    02-16-14 07:32 AM
    [QUOTE=pmccartney;10007095] I know my daughter's other fruit device does this.

I see what you did there.

Z10 leaked
    02-16-14 07:33 AM