Has anyone else had any issues with group thread SMS messages. Before I was able to have a group chat via SMS and all replies being in one thread. Since the upgrade, my replies send to each contact individually. Any fixes?
    02-13-14 01:54 PM
    Once you enter more than one number, at bottom of list is a box:
    Enable Group Conversation Check that. HTH.

Has anyone else had any issues with group thread SMS messages. Before I was able to have a group chat via SMS and all replies being in one thread. Since the upgrade, my replies send to each contact individually. Any fixes?
    02-13-14 02:29 PM
    I'm using a Q10. I've never seen that feature before when sending group texts. Is there something I'm missing?
    02-13-14 04:00 PM
    Oops, I'm using a Z10, thought all was the same. Maybe list carrier and OS besides model,
    could be someone more familiar with the Q10 will pop in.
    If you haven't upgraded to 10.2.1.1925 (537) yet, could be the problem. Good Luck.

I'm using a Q10. I've never seen that feature before when sending group texts. Is there something I'm missing?
    02-13-14 04:05 PM
    This issue has cropped up in two posts:

Group Text Messages - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Reply All? - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

When I was on Verizon, it was never an issue on my 9930. Now that I am on T-Mobile, I have group sms issues on both my Z10 and 9900, so I am thinking maybe it is a carrier issue?
    02-16-14 12:52 AM
    I can't find the enable group sms chat box on my z30 with updated os

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-16-14 11:22 AM
    My SMS group messaging works but once the message has been sent to all recipients ...it doesn't show the contacts, just the phone number! Why? :/

BlackBerry Z10 on UK's EE Network.

Savvas John Savva, Owner of Skill 7 Limited - www.skill7.org - BBM: 2670CCEA
    02-17-14 06:06 PM
    Are you still having this issue on TMo with your Z30? If not how did you resolve it? Did you have to contact them and have them make some provisioning changes to your account or did you have to change some setting on your Z30?

My wife is having this issue. Just to be clear, she can add multiple people to a message and it will send it to everyone. When others reply she sees the reply as part of the conversation but when she replies it sends an individual response to each person but it still looks correct on her end. Others see it and think she accidentally responded to just them (especially when it pertains to someone else in the chat) instead of the group and it causes a host of text messages saying I think you mean this for so and so, etc.

She predominately sees this when others initiate the group chat. She will see the conversation and when she responds it will send an individual response to each person in the conversation and is not grouped for the receivers even though it looks fine on her phone. The problem is so masked on her phone we did not realize it was doing this until after someone responded to the individual message that it was not grouping them together correctly since from her side it looked correct.

I have confirmed this behavior by having her send group texts when we had several people in the same room to test it. She is on the latest 10.3.2 OS (don't have her unlocked ShopBB phone in front of me to give the exact version number) but we would really like to get this fixed if others have found a way to resolve it especially since her Android and iOS friends give her grief about it. From a post I made on the news about TMo welcoming BB users back it appears that some are not experiencing this issue so I am trying to pin down why some are seeing it and some aren't. Also she never sees the option Enable Group Conversation on her phone which makes me wonder if it is a setting that is turned off due to her using an unlocked phone.

Thanks,
    Mark
    08-28-15 10:25 AM
    I have the same issue with my Z10 on 10.3.2.226 and honestly I don't think it has ever worked on my Z10

annoyed...
    08-28-15 09:02 PM
    Hi All, as one of the original OP's, I felt compelled to write and give an update. I am now on a BlackBerry Classic - 10.3.2.2226
    and I no longer have this problem with the group of friends that I group message with and who I originally had this issue with. They are all on iPhones, and I believe most of them are on AT&T. I am still on T-Mobile. We are all in California. However, I don't believe this is 100% a device issue. I think this is a combination of a carrier issue, os issue, software issue, and Google Voice issue (I have a Google Voice number). I wish I could say with more certainty. Also, I have friends on Sprint with iPhones, and their messages come to me in individual, non-grouped form. I wish I had more concrete, because I know how frustrating this can be!
    08-30-15 06:46 AM
    Hi All, as one of the original OP's, I felt compelled to write and give an update. I am now on a BlackBerry Classic - 10.3.2.2226 and I no longer have this problem with the group of friends that I group message with and who I originally had this issue with...
    Do you have a TMo branded Classic or is yours an unlocked one from ShopBB, Amazon, etc? Have you ever installed any leaks on it or did you just install OTA updates to get it to 10.3.2.2226? What general area of the US do you live in (NE, SE, etc, and major city or rural, etc)? Did you just move your Z10 sim card over or did you get a new one? And one last question do you have the WiFi calling app installed?

I am sorry for all the questions I am just trying to pin down why this is working for some and not for others.

Thanks,
    Mark
    09-01-15 11:19 AM
    Do you have a TMo branded Classic or is yours an unlocked one from ShopBB, Amazon, etc? Have you ever installed any leaks on it or did you just install OTA updates to get it to 10.3.2.2226? What general area of the US do you live in (NE, SE, etc, and major city or rural, etc)? Did you just move your Z10 sim card over or did you get a new one? And one last question do you have the WiFi calling app installed?

I am sorry for all the questions I am just trying to pin down why this is working for some and not for others.

Thanks,
    Mark
    I don't mind at all, I know how frustrating this can be, and I would like to understand why this is an issue for some, but not others.:

1. I have never installed leaks (don't even know how). All updates have been OTA.
    2. I live in Mountain View, CA - zip 94040
    3. T-Mo forces you to buy a new Sim with each new device you have.
    4. I am not sure what this is? I think T-Mo supports Wi-Fi calling? I guess the answer is, "No", since I have never separately installed something like this. If it's part of the OS, then I guess I have it.

Let me know if you need anything else. PM me if you want to do some tests and send me text messages.

-k
    09-05-15 07:54 AM