Hi everyone, is anyone using Google maps? If so, have you noticed the woman s navigation voice robotic. My friend who is in ios7 has google maps and the voice sounds like a normal.womans voice. Has android got an older version of google.maps?

Of course it's not just the voice, with a late version of.google maps, comes a better app!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:46 AM
    Hi everyone, is anyone using Google maps? If so, have you noticed the woman s navigation voice robotic. My friend who is in ios7 has google maps and the voice sounds like a normal.womans voice. Has android got an older version of google.maps?

Of course it's not just the voice, with a late version of.google maps, comes a better app!

Posted via CB10
    If you can find the older version APK you can just install that.
    02-13-14 09:48 AM
    Well I'm downloading from.snap. So.i assumed that would have the a test version of the apps on Google play

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:52 AM
    I think you are confusing Maps with Navigation. It is possible your friend is using Navigation.
    You can try this http://dl.papktop.com/2013/05/Maps_6_14_4.apk other mirrors: Download links for Maps6144.apk - Mirrorcreator - Upload files to multiple hosts it's the old version of google maps, the one that lets you cache maps, etc without all the silly "cards".
    02-13-14 11:07 AM
    I am talking about navigation too. I want to navigate using google.maps. And I can, with the Google maps from snap. But it seems the ios app is far more updated than the blackberry google.maps app on snap...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:09 PM
    I am talking about navigation too. I want to navigate using google.maps. And I can, with the Google maps from snap. But it seems the ios app is far more updated than the blackberry google.maps app on snap...

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily.
    I would expect Google to gave latest maps on the other own store before some one else's. Snap gets the data from Google play.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-13-14 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Snap is a client, it downloads Google Play apps. BlackBerry has nothing to do with it. And to answer your question, I believe Siri's voice is what you hear when using Google Maps on iOS.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    YES google navigation is working and with voice, and the last APK from Snap works good enough, using some tricks you can log in to see your history,
    and I'm using it
    Google.maps-img_20140214_004833.pngGoogle.maps-img_20140214_004731.png
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-13-14 05:51 PM
    Works an sounds fine to me. I just wish I could sign in and access my saved maps/places. I still use bbmaps for quick directions or to check traffic in my way to work, but ultimately I lean on Google or BeMaps(google).

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:45 AM
    Works an sounds fine to me. I just wish I could sign in and access my saved maps/places. I still use bbmaps for quick directions or to check traffic in my way to work, but ultimately I lean on Google or BeMaps(google).

Posted via CB10
    Me too, our only other option is to install v 6.14. That will let you sign in and view your saved maps/places. With any newer ones, you can login by installing the Google Login Services and using the Maps app to invoke login services. It let's you log in, but can't check your places because it says no network activity (at least that has been my experience). Everything else works well.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:36 AM
    YES google navigation is working and with voice, and the last APK from Snap works good enough, using some tricks you can log in to see your history,
    and I'm using it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140214_004833.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	247571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140214_004731.png 
Views:	848 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	247572
    What's the trick? I get no network connection when I check the history. I am using the workaround for Google voice.
    02-14-14 07:41 AM
    What's the trick? I get no network connection when I check the history. I am using the workaround for Google voice.
    the trick is to use what your app need not both Google login and Google play services at the same time you'll get connection error, in your case you need to delete google play services and use only Google Login
    02-14-14 10:26 PM
    Does the new one showing street direction for toy guys?
    I'm thinking of using older version to keep the direction indicators.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-14-14 11:46 PM