I'm looking to purchase a Z30 and/or Q10. I live in Minnesota and am using Tmobile I believe the sta2 model is the compatible one. If someone could get me one for cheap that would be nice. I would be able to pay you over PayPal. I would also be able to pay for shipping ect. BlackBerry has been my only smartphone I have ever owned and I don't want to switch!
    02-12-14 11:16 PM
    STA 5 is what we have in canada, not STA 2 I believe
    02-13-14 03:00 AM
    Wind or mobilicity should be the same as t-mobile. I might be wrong. As those 3 carriers use the same bands for their radios etc.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-13-14 04:07 AM
    However I don't believe either of those two carriers sell the z30.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-13-14 04:07 AM
    I think Telus uses the same band frequency as tmobile USA
    02-13-14 04:09 AM
    Many T-MOBILE customers I know are using STA-5 without any issues so any unlocked Z30 from north of the border will suit your needs just fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:08 AM
    You can pick then up for 3-400 on Kijiji.

I almost did, but then I convinced Rogers to give me one for free!

Posted on a Post-It!
    02-13-14 03:50 PM
    You mean free on a contract lol.
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    02-13-14 04:45 PM
    STA 5 is what we have in canada, not STA 2 I believe
    This is right,got mine from bell STA-5
    02-13-14 04:50 PM
    I have a Telus model but it's also a 5

My amazing BB Z10 - OS 1925
    02-13-14 05:17 PM
    Not free. The fee is included in your expensive monthly plan

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-13-14 06:09 PM
    You mean free on a contract lol.
    You will always be in contract to a provider. If you believe that you NEED to be off contract to get the best deal you are kidding yourself.

I've been with Rogers for 15 years. Probably renewed my contract 30 times. Every time there is a better price plan or better phone they tell me "I need to sign for another 2 years." when in actuality I am only 1 year into my existing "2year contract" so sure, sign me up for another 2 years. All it really means is I'm going to use their service for more time.

I'm going to have a cell phone forever, and unless I move out of the country I could care less how many years Rogers "thinks they have me under contract for. "

As far as I'm concerned it's a simple matter of word play. If I ever needed to completely walk it's only going to cost me $500 max! Same as if I was to go but a phone outright.

Every provider is evil and every provider is Great in their own aspects.

When you hear someone say
    Oh I hate (insert provider here) they are horrible.

It's usually because they didn't pay attention to what they actually pay for on their plan. Racked up their bill to $400 , refused to pay and got cut off.

But yes, you are correct free on contract.

Posted on a Post-It!
    Justam and aminrajabi like this.
    02-13-14 07:21 PM
    You will always be in contract to a provider. If you believe that you NEED to be off contract to get the best deal you are kidding yourself.

I've been with Rogers for 15 years. Probably renewed my contract 30 times. Every time there is a better price plan or better phone they tell me "I need to sign for another 2 years." when in actuality I am only 1 year into my existing "2year contract" so sure, sign me up for another 2 years. All it really means is I'm going to use their service for more time.

I'm going to have a cell phone forever, and unless I move out of the country I could care less how many years Rogers "thinks they have me under contract for. "

As far as I'm concerned it's a simple matter of word play. If I ever needed to completely walk it's only going to cost me $500 max! Same as if I was to go but a phone outright.

It's usually because they didn't pay attention to what they actually pay for on their plan. Racked up their bill to $400 , refused to pay and got cut off.

Posted on a Post-It!
    Exactly how I see it too. And I've been with rogers for 11 years.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:34 PM
    I bought a z30 100-5 model from a Canadian seller that was unlocked from Telus and it works perfectly on T Mobile LTE.

Sent from my BlackBerry z10 on 10.2.1.537
    02-13-14 07:44 PM
    I am in Canada. When you say cheap, how much do you mean? If I can find a Z30 cheap, I would probably buy it for myself. My Q10 is model SQN100-1 and I am on Telus. Let me know what you are willing to pay and I will let you know if you are dreaming or not.

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    02-13-14 07:53 PM
    My wife works at BlackBerry and she can't even get me one !

Z10 on Telus
    02-13-14 08:52 PM
    I'm looking to purchase a Z30 and/or Q10. I live in Minnesota and am using Tmobile I believe the sta2 model is the compatible one. If someone could get me one for cheap that would be nice. I would be able to pay you over PayPal. I would also be able to pay for shipping ect. BlackBerry has been my only smartphone I have ever owned and I don't want to switch!
    I understand your Z30 trouble since T-Mobile doesn't carry it, but you can buy a Q10 direct from T-Mobile? Why not buy from your carrier?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-13-14 10:48 PM

Posted on a Post-It!
    My situation and approach has always been opposite. I know and understand your theory all too well because some of my friends are of this opinion ad well. When you own your phone outright you have way more flexibility. The plan I'm currently on is similar to a special offer Fido had and I'm with Rogers. You have way more leverage with an outright phone and the savings more than compensate for the price of a phone. To try and put a simple value on this let me throw out an example.. plan I'm on now would cost $85 on contact at Rogers over two years. I'm paying $50 so over two years I'm saving $35 X 24 plus tax which = $949.20
    Close relative of mine who opted to take her phone on the FLEX Tab from Rogers can't flex her muscles that way and is stuck because she's "inked" for the remainder of the term or faced with paying up the remainder as you mentioned.
    Sorry that this is a bit off topic but I did offer my suggestions on what works on TMO.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:28 AM
    I had to look constantly for a month in southern Ontario and i still had to pay 500$ and drive 3hrs... good luck, you will need it

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:10 AM
    I had to look constantly for a month in southern Ontario and i still had to pay 500$ and drive 3hrs... good luck, you will need it

Posted via CB10
    Before $450 was fairly common but lately these phones are harder to come by hence a more common price of $500 and up now if you are lucky to find a seller. I just saw about four on kijiji in or around the GTA area.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:20 AM
    My situation and approach has always been opposite. I know and understand your theory all too well because some of my friends are of this opinion ad well. When you own your phone outright you have way more flexibility. The plan I'm currently on is similar to a special offer Fido had and I'm with Rogers. You have way more leverage with an outright phone and the savings more than compensate for the price of a phone. To try and put a simple value on this let me throw out an example.. plan I'm on now would cost $85 on contact at Rogers over two years. I'm paying $50 so over two years I'm saving $35 X 24 plus tax which = $949.20
    Close relative of mine who opted to take her phone on the FLEX Tab from Rogers can't flex her muscles that way and is stuck because she's "inked" for the remainder of the term or faced with paying up the remainder as you mentioned.
    Sorry that this is a bit off topic but I did offer my suggestions on what works on TMO.

Posted via CB10
    I understand where you are coming from but I believe that it's all in the approach and pushing till you get what you want. It also has to do with how much clout you have.
    If you have been with them longer then your friend then they will give you a much better deal.

Also they tend to make the cancellation fee seem like it's the end of the world. You need to make sure you emphasize that the cancellation fee is not as significant as they make it seem and let them know that you are fine with paying whatever it is to get out if need be.

Here is what I had

$35 - unlimited calling (local)
    $5 - for 1000 ld minutes
    $30 - 6gb data
    $12 value pack (visual voicemail)

Total $82

By Re signing I am now paying $50 for the same package with the exception that I now have unlimited nation wide calling.

And I don't have to front $600 to get a new phone.

Posted on a Post-It!
    02-14-14 09:59 AM
    I guess it boils down to an individual basis and how bargaining abilities. I just feel more comfortable telling them to give me this or that if not I'm gone... next step is customer retention and bingo!!! Good plan you have there though.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:07 AM
    I guess it boils down to an individual basis and how bargaining abilities. I just feel more comfortable telling them to give me this or that if not I'm gone... next step is customer retention and bingo!!! Good plan you have there though.

Posted via CB10
    I just skip the first person all together and go directly to retentions.

Just go to the cancel a service line.

Also, for some weird reason I've noticed the wait times are shorter when calling to cancel as opposed to a account inquiry.

Posted on a Post-It!
    02-14-14 04:27 PM
    These are certainly a rare find on the used market. I just picked one up two weeks ago but from Rogers, and didn't mind getting roped in to a two year contract when the early exit costs were even a little less then buying the phone outright.

Love the phone, but if anyone has am iPhone 5 in the GTA that they'd like to swap, I could be swayed

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:34 PM
    I think Telus uses the same band frequency as tmobile USA
    No they don't. Telus will use the same hspa, but not the aws bands

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-14-14 06:56 PM
27 12