This is so hard!!

I've searched all the threads I can find but can't understand how to side load snap I've done everything the "simple" guide told me but I continue getting a "not found" message when copying the ip details into Google Chrome please please help I'm losing the will to live tonight

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:14 PM
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com

Best one to follow.

So... you are using Google Chrome (the browser) and you've visited here using Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp

... so that you can install the Chrome extension?

And you've downloaded the Snap BAR from here:

http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar

?? (and saved it to say your PC desktop where you can find it)

And on your phone -- you've gone into Settings > Security and Privacy > Dev. Mode and you've turned Dev Mode ON?

And there where you turn on Dev Mode it shows the device IP -- and should be -- 169.254.0.1

So then in Chrome you click the little BlackBerry icon that is to the right of the address bar at the top (this is added by that Chrome extension). Obviously you need to have your phone cabled to your PC via USB and you'll need to let the BlackBerry USB device driver install if it is not already installed.

Once all these conditions are met and you click the little BlackBerry icon you should get a box that asks you to input a device IP to manage (or something like that -- I am not on a PC that has the extension at this time so this is from my memory...). In that box type in 169.254.0.1 and click save. Then you'll see that IP address appear as a link at the bottom with something like "Manage this device" next to it. Click the link and it should either connect to your device or ask for a device password if you have your device passworded.

Once in, on the upper right select "Install App" or whatever it says, browse to the Snap BAR file and load it. It should load up in about 4-5 seconds and show "result :: success".

At that point you are done. Turn off Dev Mode on your phone and start using Snap.
    Last edited by southlander; 02-12-14 at 03:36 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-12-14 03:19 PM
    Yeah I've done all that but just get the following message "page not available" and my laptop keeps crashing

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:30 PM
    I
    Help installing Snap (I've searched CB!)-img_20140212_213734.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:37 PM
    Help installing Snap (I've searched CB!)-img_20140212_213801.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:38 PM
    If I had to guess I'd say perhaps you've not installed the BlackBerry USB driver. When you plug the phone in to the USB cable, what happens? Does Windows show you've connected a BlackBerry device, etc.?
    02-12-14 03:38 PM
    Help installing Snap (I've searched CB!)-img_20140212_214211.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:42 PM
    Yes it does it gives me all the details of the device

Posted via CB10
    Check on your phone -- under Settings > Storage and Access. Set it to "Connect to Windows". Give that a shot. Try moving the PC end of the cable to another USB port on your laptop. Turn off any virus scanners temporarily.
    When you got the invalid security certificate warning (or did you get that) -- you did choose "Proceed", correct?
    02-12-14 03:44 PM
    This is so hard!!

I've searched all the threads I can find but can't understand how to side load snap I've done everything the "simple" guide told me but I continue getting a "not found" message when copying the ip details into Google Chrome please please help I'm losing the will to live tonight

Posted via CB10
    Unlearn everything you've attempted to learn...and just use Sachesi to install any bar file. No dev mode, no ip setup, no long process. Very simple.

I wrote these instructions earlier today:
    Sachesi is a desktop client, similar to BB Link. It performs many functions, including installing bar files - like the Snap app.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BLACKBERRY LINK INSTALLED. This is very important, because your computer needs the drivers to communicate with your BB10 device.

When you download the Sachesi file, make sure you save it to your desktop on your pc/mac. Unzip the package to your desktop - so you don't lose where you saved the file - and open the Sachesi folder

Save the Snap bar file to your desktop.

Connect your BB10 device to your pc/mac USB - do NOT use a USB3.0 port

Once your device is paired, double click the Sachesi exe and Sachesi's window will appear. Select the INSTALL tab.

Select/hold the Snap bar, and drag and drop the file into the INSTALL window of Sachesi. WAIT until the load meter reads complete and your device home screen is accessible.

DONE.
    02-12-14 03:51 PM
    Awesome thanks so much I have it! I downloaded sachesi but it wouldn't work clearly was doing something wrong! Thank you both for your help! X

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 04:04 PM
    If neither method is working, try a hard reset of the phone. Hold in BOTH the volume up/volume down keys at the same time -- until it restarts.
    02-12-14 04:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140212_213801.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	247254

Posted via CB10
    Try this but without the https in the field, it works for me when i dont have that
    02-12-14 04:42 PM
    Thanks guys all working now much appreciated! It's quite slow my z10 though running android apps is that normal?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:22 AM
    Thanks guys all working now much appreciated! It's quite slow my z10 though running android apps is that normal?

Posted via CB10
    For me it depends on the app and also on what you call "slow". Nothing Android-based will be native performance equal to native BlackBerry 10 apps written in Cascades. But I find a lot of the Android apps acceptably fast. You'd need to post a video of what you mean in order for someone to compare a specific app and help you out.
    02-13-14 12:19 PM
    Apps keep freezing and closing too this is not good people will get fed up I think second time trying BlackBerry in the last 6 months (had a z30 now a z10) and it's not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:57 PM
    Arigato for helping meh...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:40 AM
    Apps keep freezing and closing too this is not good people will get fed up I think second time trying BlackBerry in the last 6 months (had a z30 now a z10) and it's not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    I installed a couple apps from SNAP and at first they were extremely slow. But now that I am on 10.2.1 for a few days it seems to perform better. Maybe delete the android apps and install them a second time and see if they work any better. I am finding that my Z10 battery and everything seems to improve with each passing day. The first day the battery was drained quickly.
    choccywockydoodah likes this.
    02-24-14 02:04 PM