So my Z10 is already running on the latest software and when I go to music, I see some unfamiliar artist names..
    Since I name the artists myself to like 'ETC' and stuff to bundle some songs together, some get separated..
    Anyone know what's wrong? I checked the file in my laptop and the properties still say the correct artist but when I go to the music player in the phone itself there are a heck lot of artists while I only set 3..
    HELP!

Yes I know what is wrong here. You change the artist name on the file properties. But you didn't use and ID3 tagger, did you? That's where the real file properties get changed. Move your music to your PC. Download an ID3 tagger. There are plenty of freeware ones available on the internet. Then open the offending songs in it and fix the tagged information. That's the only way the songs will not be lumped into an unknown artist category.
    Thanks jaydee
    Last edited by Shironats; 02-16-14 at 04:49 AM.
    02-12-14 05:45 AM
    Yes I know what is wrong here. You change the artist name on the file properties. But you didn't use and ID3 tagger, did you? That's where the real file properties get changed. Move your music to your PC. Download an ID3 tagger. There are plenty of freeware ones available on the internet. Then open the offending songs in it and fix the tagged information. That's the only way the songs will not be lumped into an unknown artist category.
    bounce007 and CMcRob like this.
    02-12-14 05:50 AM
    I've had this happen to my music collection since the 10.2.1 upgrade. All of my music files (MP3) are properly tagged but now I get a large number of files that show up with "unknown" tag info. It's very strange. Some albums are fine, some are not, both from the same source and tagged properly with ID3 v2.3 tags. I noticed this when my BBM status was not updated to show the music that was playing.

I don't have a solution. I've re-copied the files over, does not make a difference. I've checked the ID3 tags for those files on my PC as well as directly on my Z10. All the tags are there. Very strange.

I don't use Link to sync any music, I simply drag and drop. All music files are on my SD card, this was never an issue before 10.2.1. The music still plays, and the album art shows it's just that the BlackBerry Music player is not seeing the tags.

Anyone else see this behaviour?
    02-12-14 07:12 AM
    Ooo I've learnt something new .

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:27 AM
    This solved my problem thanks
    02-15-14 12:25 PM
    Fantastic post! Learned Something new.

By the way OP, could you edit your original post and post JayDee's fix in it? This would help other people who may come searching.
    02-15-14 12:42 PM