How different is Wifi direct from miracast
    Like to know in detail appreciate info...

Aziz ..... Z30
    02-11-14 12:41 PM
    miracast I believe is pretty much a mirror image of your phone on you tv or another large screen.

Wifi direct I believe is pretty much for file sharing to another wifi direct device

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:54 PM
    I've been wondering this as well. So streaming let's say for example a YouTube video playing on your phone to your TV screen can ONLY be accomplished through Miracast or via HDMI? I assumed that's what the Wi-Fi Direct was for but I see that I may be wrong. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:13 PM
    I've been wondering this as well. So streaming let's say for example a YouTube video playing on your phone to your TV screen can ONLY be accomplished through Miracast or via HDMI? I assumed that's what the Wi-Fi Direct was for but I see that I may be wrong. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    For YouTube it can be done with a smart tv just pair both devices from each YouTube app and it will play on tv

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    02-11-14 10:39 PM
    For YouTube it can be done with a smart tv just pair both devices from each YouTube app and it will play on tv

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    I see. Does this also apply for streaming gallery pics, in order to view them from the phone to the TV screen? My Android had this capability via Wi-Fi; I don't plan on going back, but it was definitely a cool feature that came in handy.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:25 AM
    I see. Does this also apply for streaming gallery pics, in order to view them from the phone to the TV screen? My Android had this capability via Wi-Fi; I don't plan on going back, but it was definitely a cool feature that came in handy.

Posted via CB10
    And video recording done on your phone will automatically work with smart tv just make sure you have media sharing turn on in settings !!

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    02-12-14 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can use the play on function for that as well

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    02-12-14 03:23 PM