I currently forward my university email to my gmail account. I was wondering if there was anyone on the blackberry that when someone emails my university address, I could respond on my q10 via gmail using my university address. This is possible on the gmail app for iphone and directly online but I didn't know if it's possible on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-10-14 09:33 PM
    certainly you can, that won't be a difficult one on bb10.

all you have to do is under the settings-accounts menu, select the email address, then on the "email address" field, you are free to change it to the email you wish to have your contacts to respond to your message to instead of your gmail address. give it a go, it should work. but on the "username" field, you have to put your gmail address as that will be your login credential.
    02-10-14 09:48 PM
    Both the username and email address fields have been grayed out with my gmail email address so I am unable to change them...
    02-10-14 10:33 PM
    Both the username and email address fields have been grayed out with my gmail email address so I am unable to change them...
    Configure a new email account using the "advanced settings". Enter your Gmail address as your username and your university email as your address. You have to use the password from your Gmail account.

That should do it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:56 PM
    Is there a specific account type via advanced settings...like exchange, gmail, etc. that I should select?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-11-14 11:12 AM
    So I did that but now I get notifications in my gmail and university accounts on my blackberry...any way to avoid that?

02-11-14 03:53 PM
    So I did that but now I get notifications in my gmail and university accounts on my blackberry...any way to avoid that?

that means you need to set your uni email as such so that every email that has been forwarded from your uni email won't have to be treated as a new email, so you have to jump on to the computer and modify the forwarding setting on your uni email address.
    02-11-14 11:13 PM

Just delete the Gmail account and keep the one you just created using your university email as your address. You will receive your Gmail messages on that account.

Edit: That's how I set it up, but if you want to be able to also send messages showing your Gmail address in the "from" field that solution may not work for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 11:43 PM
    With BB7, I used to be able to select from a drop down box which email address I want to use as reply-to address. Can't do that anymore with BB10.

? CB10 ?
    02-12-14 02:13 AM