My addiction to CB is growing, and I have started to view it from my phone.

On the Bold, when I go to the WAP site, the font is crazy small. It seems the default font has no effect on that website for some reason. I can zoom in, but then I have to do a bunch of scrolling.

How do I fix this? My eyes hurt
    11-05-08 10:35 AM
    open your browser and go to options>Browser Configuration and check off all of the boxes, then set show images to: On WML & HTML pages and Emulation mode to :BlackBerry. See how that works...
    11-05-08 10:39 AM
    Or change to column view... that increases the size a bit and makes it easier to navigate.
    11-05-08 10:41 AM
    Mine's the same way, and I double checked my settings as you suggested, but to no avail. It's the same way on my iPod touch's browser.
    11-05-08 10:42 AM
    All of my boxes are checked. Still tiny txt.
    11-05-08 10:43 AM

On the Bold, when I go to the WAP site, the font is crazy small. It seems the default font has no effect on that website for some reason. I can zoom in, but then I have to do a bunch of scrolling.

open your browser and go to options>Browser Configuration and check off all of the boxes, then set show images to: On WML & HTML pages and Emulation mode to :BlackBerry. See how that works...
    In that Options page you can choose "General Properties and change Minimum Font size to... let's say 10. Play around with that.

The Bolds resolution is so high on such a small screen... yes some stuff can look real small on the web browser.

Luvin your Bold and Luvin CB... Good to hear
    11-05-08 10:48 AM
    I have played around with that. It seems to make a little difference, but then when I go to another site that doesn't have that problem the font is HUGE!

I am using the internet browser. That is the main one to use right?

what would be the reason to use the media net Wap browser?
    11-05-08 11:20 AM
    I just use the "I" key to zoom in and the "O" key to zoom out. works good enough for me.
    11-05-08 11:43 AM
    It's a pain!!!! I just gave up on checking out CB on my Bold.
    11-05-08 11:55 AM
    For browsing the blogs on my bold, I go to the main site - www.crackberry.com. Actually find it's pretty good. I can login, view comments, post comments - even edit posts.

For the forums, I stick with the wap site at mobile.crackberry.com. Just a lot faster.

We definitely have some work to do with making the main site more berry browser friendly along with adding more functionality to the mobile site (ringtones/wallpapers). Working on it. Have some upgrades coming but everything takes time!

If you run into specific bugs, best thing to do is take screen captures and email them into site support.
    11-05-08 12:06 PM
    It's a pain!!!! I just gave up on checking out CB on my Bold.
    Why don't you just zoom in, it's not that bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 12:09 PM
    I fixed it.... Changed the default to column view
    11-05-08 12:29 PM
    Yeah, column view does help quite a bit.
    11-06-08 12:53 PM
    Yeah, column view does help quite a bit.
    The column view setting and changing the font size defaults to at least 10 solved the problem for me while reading the individual posts. However, it didn't solve the tiny font for the main page of the forum that shows the individual forums and thread titles.

It's ironic that my non-Blackberry phone shows the Crackberry forum better than my Blackberry!

EDIT: Just went back to the forum page again and now the better settings have kicked in for that as well. Psych!!
    Last edited by BTsee; 11-26-08 at 11:01 PM.
    11-26-08 10:11 PM
    Just got my bold today and I am so stoked!!! I used to have a curve and I am so glad
    I decided to switch... I'm debating on the CB launcher cause I have CB forums as my home
    Page. But I agree the font when you open the WAP site is hella small but
    Its all good.

11-26-08 10:38 PM
    The font doesn't bother me. I kinda like it

11-26-08 11:16 PM

Try this:

Browser>General Properties - Font Family = BBAlpha Sans, Default Font Size = 10, Minimum Font Size = 10, Minimum Font Style = Plain, Default View = Column

This was posted by another CBer a while back (sorry, can't remember his/her name but thank you!) and it makes browsing a much more pleasant experience for me. Good luck!
    11-27-08 03:42 AM
    Good info here! Improved my browsing experience of the crackberry forum. Definitely prefer mobile.crackberry.com for the forums.
    01-18-09 04:30 PM
    Good info here++

I just got an 8900 and my eyes were going crazy. I tried pressing I to zoom in but then I had to scroll right and left, which sucks.

Thanks.
    01-23-09 11:34 AM
    pressing the 'z' key is a quick way to toggle between the "page" view and the "column" view when browsing...
    02-13-09 11:53 PM
    Try this:

Go to mini.opera.com and select to download Opera Mini.

Then use Opera Mini - it renders the WAP page perfectly.

Here is the secret to browsing other pages in Opera: use the number pad to navigate. 2 8 4 6 are up down left right and 5 zoom in and zoom out. There is only one level of zoom because Opera magically makes all text columns the same width as the Bold's screen, so just page down with 8 while reading.

I pretty much only use the BB browser to go to streaming radio websites since I haven't figured out how else to listen to streaming music.

02-14-09 05:36 AM
    Open your Browser ...

Menu - Options - General Properties

1. Default Browser - Internet Explorer
    2. Default Font - "Select the desired font, mine is BB Alpha Sans"
    3. Default Font Size - set it to 9
    4. Minimum font size - set it to 9
    5. Minimum font style - Plain
    6. Default view - Column
    7. Image Quality - Medium

Once the above steps are completed, save the settings and close the browser... Restart the browser and See whether the above settings help ...
    02-14-09 06:00 AM
    Thanks for posting all the great tips. My eyes were killing me trying to read the small texts. This is not going to help kick my crackberry addiction.
    02-14-09 06:51 AM
    Is there another place to find General Properties? It is not under Options on my Bold.
    02-14-09 11:51 AM
    Is there another place to find General Properties? It is not under Options on my Bold.
    Open your Browser - Menu - Options - general properties

02-14-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD