Hi Guys.

Ive scoured the internet for long enough searching for actual Z10 10.2.1 performance in the real world! All I can seem to find are benchmarks and very short videos giving a tiny insight into how the Z10 performs. And if I do find one of an adequate length, its an old video of the Z10 running the stock 10.0 OS.

As I am waiting for my Z10 to arrive (backordered, so I suspect I'm going to be waiting a while), could you guys give a realistic insight into how the Z10 performs running the latest OS? Perhaps use this thread as a way to express your experiences!

Thanks for your help,

Joe
    02-09-14 08:19 AM
    Mmmm the problem here is that this is crackberry, so you will pretty much get favorable reviews?

Me? I have ONLY ever been happy with the speed from day one and even better with the 1925 update....it got better too when I complained to my carrier about not having 4g and they said "oh, it's no extra just turn it on your device and we will activate " duh.... lol

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    02-09-14 08:57 AM
    It can also be very relative. What's fast or snappy enough for one may not be so for another. It also depends on what other apps an services you have going on your phone. I've had my z10 for about three months now and I can tell you that it's never been faster than it was those first few days I had it...and it was on 10.1. Although it's fast enough for me, some people are not satisfied unless everything they do on the phone happens instantaneously. You're going to have to make that determination when you get your phone.

Z10
    02-09-14 09:08 AM
    Mmmm the problem here is that this is crackberry, so you will pretty much get favorable reviews?

Me? I have ONLY ever been happy with the speed from day one and even better with the 1925 update....it got better too when I complained to my carrier about not having 4g and they said "oh, it's no extra just turn it on your device and we will activate " duh.... lol

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    It's a shame you would say something like that. They're certainly not all favorable reviews. This site is generally frank and good with those. I do think that there is normally a wait time to get crackberry reps to comment specifically on a weekend since we all do need a bit of r& r sometimes.

Swiping & tapping on my amazing ZeeTen. STL 100-3 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 09:11 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=902527

Check this thread out.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-09-14 09:14 AM
    4G and LTE (Rogers in Canada) can play Netflix without buffering, using the Android app. Frame rate is smooth and consistent.

The photo and video editing software does not have any delays when using the UI. Saving video edits takes about 5 to 10 seconds, when stored on an 8gb micro SD card.

Web pages with the default browser load quickly, with flash and JS on (JS cannot be disabled) . The Evolution browser, a $3 native app, has ad block and the ability to turn off JS, but not images, and it is very fast.

I don't have any numbers to share, just the general sentiment that I have yet to feel like I am sitting there waiting for the Z10 to finish my request.

Getting used to (and learning) the gesture and touch navigation are the only things that were annoying. Tap on bbm chat log to dismiss keyboard, then swipe up from bottom to close bbm - fast and simple when you know how, but nothing tells you this...

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    02-09-14 09:14 AM
    Maybe this can give you an insight. As per videos....i haven't ventured to find those as yet.

http://www.bbin.in/en/2014/01/28/all...roid-goodness/

Swiping & tapping on my amazing ZeeTen. STL 100-3 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 09:15 AM