Screwed around with my buddy's Motorola X today and boy was it ever lightning fast. Fastest phone I've ever seen. The voice recognition with Google now was actually incredible. Still lovin my Z10 but boy, I can see why blackberry isn't number 1 anymore

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-09-14 02:13 AM
    Different strokes for different folks. That's a very popular phone, but I don't think I'd go with it. I had my Motorola experience with the Atrix and I'm not keen on coming back. I would consider the Note 4 later this year, though.
    02-09-14 07:24 AM
    Different strokes for different folks. That's a very popular phone, but I don't think I'd go with it. I had my Motorola experience with the Atrix and I'm not keen on coming back. I would consider the Note 4 later this year, though.
    Things have come a long way since the Atrix. I haven't tried the Moto X, but I'm sure the difference is night and day.
    southlander likes this.
    02-09-14 02:57 PM
    I took a look at this device at a local Target, I didn't like the feel of the device compared to my Z30, the build quality appeared poor (my opinion) because it used a lot of glossy plastic.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    02-09-14 03:05 PM
    Unfortunately this is what is hindering BlackBerry 10. People thinking about it in regards to a bad experience they had with old BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:07 PM
    Quick question. Would you say a bb10 phone and bb7 are the same? If Lenovo was approved from Canada to purchase BB, do you think the current phone would have the same experience in 12 to 15 months under leadership from another company? All I'm saying is the Moto Atrix is totally different experience then the Moto X. We all have to remember that cell phones are not food. Usually if you don't like white castle you'll probably not like it years later. Cell phones change so fast that what you don't like one year doesn't mean it will be the same the next year. All I'm saying is the Moto X is rated as one of the most innovative phones of 2013.

Moto X co processor
    PhoneArena Awards 2013: Best Innovations

Moto X "Game Changer"
    Motorola Moto X - Most Innovative Products of 2013 - LAPTOP

Motorola Builds Best Android Smartphone Of 2013
    Moto X Review: Motorola Builds Best Android Smartphone Of 2013

A Taste Of Tomorrow
    Review: Motorola Moto X Android Phone

Motorola's fresh handsets are innovative and uniquely compelling.
    Motorola's impressive new smartphones | Smartphones - CNET Reviews

Moto X: A phone for everyone that dares to innovate
    Moto X: A phone for everyone that dares to innovate (review) | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Devindra Hardawar

Is The Moto X More Innovative Than The New iPhone? Researchers Think So
    Is The Moto X More Innovative Than The New iPhone? Researchers Think So - Forbes

Moto X is the best Android phone
    Moto X is the best Android phone - Oct. 8, 2013

I don't know but maybe, just maybe you should give this "Motorola" a 2nd chance.
    02-09-14 03:35 PM
    I didn't have the Atrix, but heard about it. My dislike for Motorola's phones went back to a device I bought in 2002 (the v60c). My thoughts after buying a headset in 2010 and the XOOM in 2011 was that they hadn't improved. The Google-owned Motorola Mobility seems to be a different and better company so far. For the off-contract price of the Moto X, you may think that it's worth a shot.

I say this even though all of the problems that I had took a while to show up (except for the BT headset). I've only had my Moto X for less than two months, so who knows what the future holds. So far, I have to admit that I'm impressed with it and I didn't expect to be. The only thing that I don't like is the small screen size. This is the reason that I didn't get it at launch, but I took the plunge with the Cyber Monday sale.
    02-09-14 03:48 PM
    I didn't have the Atrix, but heard about it. My dislike for Motorola's phones went back to a device I bought in 2002 (the v60c). My thoughts after buying a headset in 2010 and the XOOM in 2011 was that they hadn't improved. The Google-owned Motorola Mobility seems to be a different and better company so far. For the off-contract price of the Moto X, you may think that it's worth a shot.

I say this even though all of the problems that I had took a while to show up (except for the BT headset). I've only had my Moto X for less than two months, so who knows what the future holds. So far, I have to admit that I'm impressed with it and I didn't expect to be. The only thing that I don't like is the small screen size. This is the reason that I didn't get it at launch, but I took the plunge with the Cyber Monday sale.
    Not Google owned anymore.
    02-09-14 03:51 PM
    Actually it is. It will be another 6 months or so before that changes. Government approvals and all. The Moto X is all because of Google.
    21stNow likes this.
    02-09-14 03:56 PM
    Things have come a long way since the Atrix. I haven't tried the Moto X, but I'm sure the difference is night and day.
    I'm sure it is. I haven't tried the Note yet and I've been wanting it for quite a while. When I played with the Moto X it just didn't appeal to me, too small. I enjoyed the Atrix for the year that I had it after I removed Blur.
    02-09-14 03:59 PM
    Actually it is. It will be another 6 months or so before that changes. Government approvals and all. The Moto X is all because of Google.
    The reality is it's sold so the transition period isn't all that relevant. Google won't be doing any hardware innovations during this period of time.
    02-09-14 04:02 PM
    Quick question. Would you say a bb10 phone and bb7 are the same? If Lenovo was approved from Canada to purchase BB, do you think the current phone would have the same experience in 12 to 15 months under leadership from another company? All I'm saying is the Moto Atrix is totally different experience then the Moto X. We all have to remember that cell phones are not food. Usually if you don't like white castle you'll probably not like it years later. Cell phones change so fast that what you don't like one year doesn't mean it will be the same the next year. All I'm saying is the Moto X is rated as one of the most innovative phones of 2013.

Moto X co processor
    PhoneArena Awards 2013: Best Innovations

Moto X "Game Changer"
    Motorola Moto X - Most Innovative Products of 2013 - LAPTOP

Motorola Builds Best Android Smartphone Of 2013
    Moto X Review: Motorola Builds Best Android Smartphone Of 2013

A Taste Of Tomorrow
    Review: Motorola Moto X Android Phone

Motorola's fresh handsets are innovative and uniquely compelling.
    Motorola's impressive new smartphones | Smartphones - CNET Reviews

Moto X: A phone for everyone that dares to innovate
    Moto X: A phone for everyone that dares to innovate (review) | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Devindra Hardawar

Is The Moto X More Innovative Than The New iPhone? Researchers Think So
    Is The Moto X More Innovative Than The New iPhone? Researchers Think So - Forbes

Moto X is the best Android phone
    Moto X is the best Android phone - Oct. 8, 2013

I don't know but maybe, just maybe you should give this "Motorola" a 2nd chance.
    I'm not saying it's not a good device. I am just not keen on returning to Motorola at this time. I have been wanting the Note for a while and that's the reason I said that for my next Android I am likely to try the Note 4.
    02-09-14 04:02 PM
    Unfortunately this is what is hindering BlackBerry 10. People thinking about it in regards to a bad experience they had with old BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have a bad experience with the Atrix after I removed Blur, I'm just not interested in going with a Motorola device at this time. I enjoyed my Atrix after I got Launcher Pro on it. But that's had its day and I'll try something else.
    02-09-14 04:04 PM
    The reality is it's sold so the transition period isn't all that relevant. Google won't be doing any hardware innovations during this period of time.
    The next Moto X is already in the pipeline. It will be released before Lenovo takes control of Motorola.
    02-09-14 04:18 PM
    Screwed around with my buddy's Motorola X today and boy was it ever lightning fast. Fastest phone I've ever seen. The voice recognition with Google now was actually incredible. Still lovin my Z10 but boy, I can see why blackberry isn't number 1 anymore

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    How is that any reason why BlackBerry isn't number 1 anymore? Did you know that the Z30 uses the same SOC under the hood as the Moto X and that running BB10 should certainly be faster than the Z10 and would in all likelihood feel just as responsive and fast if not faster compared to the Moto X depending on what you're currently doing with the phone. On top of that BlackBerry packed a number of useful and usable features and goodies into the Z30 which makes it even more valuable and viable. For example the superb battery which helps give it top notch battery life as well as it having arguably the best audio from a cell phone with BlackBerry natural sound.

Posted via CB10
    kylef5993 likes this.
    02-09-14 07:40 PM
    The sale is not complete yet. Motorola Mobility is still owned by Google.
    02-09-14 08:10 PM
    The sale is not complete yet. Motorola Mobility is still owned by Google.
    Ya ya ya formalities. You two are missing the point.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:07 PM
    The Moto X is the only Android phone I would buy. It looks good, it's made out of decent materials, and it's simple. Other Android devices are all plastic, the ui is overly complicated (touchwiz), and they're ugly. The Moto X in my honest opinion is perfect. It's the only phone I'd leave my Q10 for.

Too bad Google sold Motorola to Lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:24 PM
    How is that any reason why BlackBerry isn't number 1 anymore? Did you know that the Z30 uses the same SOC under the hood as the Moto X and that running BB10 should certainly be faster than the Z10 and would in all likelihood feel just as responsive and fast if not faster compared to the Moto X depending on what you're currently doing with the phone. On top of that BlackBerry packed a number of useful and usable features and goodies into the Z30 which makes it even more valuable and viable. For example the superb battery which helps give it top notch battery life as well as it having arguably the best audio from a cell phone with BlackBerry natural sound.

Posted via CB10
    Well I think there are a ton more reasons why BlackBerry isn't number 1 anymore. He was just stating some first impressions. The Moto X simply beats the Z10 and BlackBerry10 in almost every aspect besides the hub and battery life. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:27 PM
    The Moto X is the only Android phone I would buy. It looks good, it's made out of decent materials, and it's simple. Other Android devices are all plastic, the ui is overly complicated (touchwiz), and they're ugly. The Moto X in my honest opinion is perfect. It's the only phone I'd leave my Q10 for.

Too bad Google sold Motorola to Lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    This device is all plastic, take a look at it in person.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-09-14 09:27 PM
    This device is all plastic, take a look at it in person.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    The moto x? It is plastic but it feels good. It's not like a Galaxy phone or Droid or htc phone (excluding the htc one) that feels light and cheap.

I don't know if it makes sense but to me the Moto X was certainly cheap but it felt like a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kylef5993; 02-09-14 at 09:47 PM.
    mornhavon likes this.
    02-09-14 09:36 PM
    I'm not saying it's not a good device. I am just not keen on returning to Motorola at this time. I have been wanting the Note for a while and that's the reason I said that for my next Android I am likely to try the Note 4.
    I'm hoping the mumblings of a totally redesigned touchwiz are true. I'm also hoping that the Note 4 doesn't get any bigger! My friend just got a Note 3 and it's beautiful, but pretty big!
    02-17-14 10:51 AM