Kevin could film himself unlocking his blackberry a couple of times and the first person that figures out the code wins something. I imagine other people on here have been doing this quite a bit, showing their friend how they unlock the phone and asking them to figure it out. If the challenge proves too hard he could add a new video each day.

Thoughts?
    02-08-14 09:50 AM
    Sent a heads-up to the team to check out your idea.
    Jim Banks2 likes this.
    02-08-14 10:04 AM
    Maybe he gives away the blackberry?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-08-14 10:10 AM
    How this hypothetical contest would end:
    First demo: screenshot/pause video.
    Second demo: screenshot/pause video.
    Find the only number that is on the same spot in both.
    Solved even before the first fipo is made.
    Picture password would now look like a simple gimmick, instead of an original and pretty safe mechanism.

Does not even matter what the background is if you have a video of it. The good part about PP is that in real life situations you can not exactly remember the actual grid of numbers and their position. So even if you watch your friend do it twice or even three times you would have to be lucky enough to watch the right location.

_____

If you ask me they should take your idea but do it on the streets somewhere!
    Offer people a simple prize if they can unlock it. Show it in real life situations, and even compare it to a pattern locked Android.
    For example make them watch - and then unlock - the Android pattern first, it will always work (easy to see and remember the pattern), and then offer them a prize if they can do the same with the BlackBerry.
    02-08-14 10:29 AM
    yeah I guess your are right about the 2 screen shots and also right about taking it to the street or at least their sales booths. They could have a sign that says win a free blackberry if you can figure out the code to unlock after watching us do it 5 times. The whole thing although quite simple really is quite ingenious and shows that BB can innovate.
    MrGlenn likes this.
    02-08-14 10:51 AM
    Yeah and once people start to take notice of the BlackBerry10 Go ahead and show off its features AND the Popular Apps. THAT alone will get people to start thinking BlackBerry once more.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-08-14 12:34 PM
    Cool. Let me mullll it over. I likey contest ideas like this!
    MrGlenn likes this.
    02-09-14 11:17 AM