So I was excited to get the 10.2.1 updated from Verizon (who knew they released any version quickly), and got it to install apparently fine. And I was very excited to check out Android apps on my Z10. So I installed an apk file and fired up one, and waited a bit. It took a few seconds to load, but the android app started and appeared to run normally. Then after about 30 seconds, it dies completely and goes back to launcher. This turns out to be the case for all android apps and ports that use the android runtimes.

This behavior seems different than most of the other android runtime errors because the apps load and work, but only for about 30 seconds. Anyone else seen this behavior or know a solution?
    02-07-14 09:01 PM
    First off, congrats on making your first post! Hopefully first of many more to come.

First thing I'd try is a device reset. (NOT same as a Restart.)
    Hold down both Volume Up & Down keys and don't release. Ignore screenshot popup and any black or white splashscreens (or carrier screen).
    Once you see the blue startup logo, release the buttons.

Anything working better after that reboot?
    02-07-14 10:31 PM
    Sorry for the delay. I have restarted and still no go. Android apps start, run normally, then die after ~30 seconds.
    02-08-14 07:28 PM
    I have a friend with the exact problem on his z30. He hasn't found a fix yet

Posted via CB10
    gothookah likes this.
    02-09-14 11:31 AM
    Even I am having the same problem. All android apps take some time to launch and then nothing. Even I tried to remove snap and installed it again. Removed all the android apps. Then tried to install through snap. It download apps but the installer seems having troubles. It says initialising.... any one know how to fix it.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:50 PM
    It is possible that the apps you are trying to run are not compatible. The runtime does not play all apps. Out of the android apps I have tried, only the bank apps have worked

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    02-09-14 06:05 PM
    This might be kept for the last resort, but you could try sideloading the runtime bar files

It is possible that the apps you are trying to run are not compatible.
    He said even the ported ones, the ones in BlackBerry World, behave like this

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:14 PM
    I think sideloading the runtimes may have to be what I try. I was hoping to avoid it, but it looks like that will be the case.

As for not being compatible, you are right, ports from blackberry world also die and the apps are generally what people consider compatible like the amazon app store.
    02-09-14 07:13 PM