I always see QNX being demoed in these fancy cars; cars I can't afford. Will we ever see QNX in more affordable cars, say for example, a Ford Fusion?
    02-07-14 05:59 PM
    QNX is already in a ton of affordable cars. Problem is, it's never branded as QNX.

• Chrysler's UConnect is built on top of QNX, though some versions run MS.
    • Anything running OnStar has QNX in it.
    • Chevy MyLink is powered by QNX.
    • Hyundai, Daewoo and Saab all have QNX in them.

Again, it's not that QNX isn't present. It's that it's never branded because it's part of a bigger system that manufacturers brand their own. OnStar, MyLink etc etc. QNX is more like the silent partner that makes it all work.
    02-07-14 06:04 PM
    QNX is already in a ton of affordable cars.
    Oh really? I didn't know that... then again Bla1ze you are probably ballin' on a different level. So affordable to you may not be for me!!!
    02-07-14 06:10 PM
    These are a few cars QNX is already in.
    Hyundai Daewoo and Saab are on the more obtainable side.

http://www.qnx.com/company/customer_stories/

Posted via CB10
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-07-14 06:12 PM
    Oh really? I didn't know that... then again Bla1ze you are probably ballin' on a different level. So affordable to you may not be for me!!!
    I don't even own a car lol
    02-07-14 06:13 PM
    These are a few cars QNX is already in.
    Hyundai Daewoo and Saab are on the more obtainable side.

Customers

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!
    02-07-14 06:14 PM
    Will I ever see QNX in a Car I can Afford?-img_4028.jpg

This one was pretty affordable for me.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    02-08-14 08:31 AM
    LoL but you know & own tons of virtual cars!

I don't even own a car lol

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4028.JPG 
Views:	1484 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	246097

This one was pretty affordable for me.

Charger?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:03 AM
    Charger?

Posted via CB10
    Challenger 2011
    V6 305hp

02-08-14 09:12 AM
    Challenger 2011
    V6 305hp

Wow. What's motor? 5.7?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:31 AM
    Wow. What's motor? 5.7?

Posted via CB10
    Pentastar 3.6 V6

I always include the HP number so that people don't ask why I didn't get the Hemingway.

02-08-14 11:27 AM
    I thought then partnered up with Panasonic to make aftermarket QNX infotainment systems.

I've been holding off getting a new stereo for my mini van that has bluetooth.

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    02-08-14 11:34 AM
    Pentastar 3.6 V6

I always include the HP number so that people don't ask why I didn't get the Hemingway.

Ah it's gotta lot of power in that sucka! I hope to get a manly car someday. GrandAm doesn't cut it lol but anything more will set me back a few med school years (:

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:39 PM
    I think what the OP really meant is why are we not seeing QNX own cascades based UI used in mass market cars?

We all know that QNX neutrino is used to power lots of systems with other people's UI's. I'm sure in the tech, auto engineer world the benefits of QNX are well known, but that doesn't help advertise the QNX car2 system
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-08-14 02:27 PM
    The main answer is that the car manufacturers prefer to make their own UIs. They like having full control, and being able to mod what they want to mod. I'm sure there are other considerations as well (legal, timing, etc.).
    02-08-14 04:38 PM
    I think what the OP really meant is why are we not seeing QNX own cascades based UI used in mass market cars?

We all know that QNX neutrino is used to power lots of systems with other people's UI's. I'm sure in the tech, auto engineer world the benefits of QNX are well known, but that doesn't help advertise the QNX car2 system
    Go look at the Dodge Dart with an 8.4 UCONNECT system.

Just one example. It is getting kind of old answering this question over and over.

02-08-14 06:27 PM

Yeah I did mean that. Sure QNX is in a few cars, but the fancy UI that we see demoed at some tech events is always in some of the more ritzy cars
    02-09-14 06:21 AM
    Yeah I did mean that. Sure QNX is in a few cars, but the fancy UI that we see demoed at some tech events is always in some of the more ritzy cars

Dodge Dart, Charger and Minivan
    Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler
    Chrysler 200, 300, Town and Country
    RAM trucks

You do understand that the demos are just a demo. And showing a demo in a Yugo isn't going to be as impressive as showing it in a convertible. And if you are going to show it in a convertible, then you'd better use one big enough for people to see in side of it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-09-14 08:20 AM
    I always see QNX being demoed in these fancy cars; cars I can't afford. Will we ever see QNX in more affordable cars, say for example, a Ford Fusion?
    You will never see it in the Fords cause it says right in the car "Powered by Microsoft". I own a 2013 Ford Fusion and quite frankly it works really well with the latest update.

Running 10.2.1.2195
    02-09-14 08:26 AM

Dodge Dart, Charger and Minivan
    Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler
    Chrysler 200, 300, Town and Country
    RAM trucks

You do understand that the demos are just a demo. And showing a demo in a Yugo isn't going to be as impressive as showing it in a convertible. And if you are going to show it in a convertible, then you'd better use one big enough for people to see in side of it.
    This such a horrible comparison.. a yugo? Really? Come on son
    02-09-14 08:41 AM
    This such a horrible comparison.. a yugo? Really? Come on son
    Making a point.

You don't go to a show with a cheap car, unless you only want to sell to people with cheap cars.

When you do a demo, you try to show of the most you can about your product. And when you have a highly customizable product, you don't show the basic stuff, you shoe stuff that will get the customer pondering what they could do with it.

02-09-14 10:21 AM
    Good information. I just learned something.
    02-09-14 10:51 AM
    Hey guys!

New to this forum but really into tech! I am a technical recruiter who has open contracts with Mobis, Toshiba, Honda and BMW, we are attempting to get into Tesla and other motor trending company.

I am currently looking for a multimedia engineer in the Ontario, CA for a permanent direct hire to create and test multimedia systems.

Please contact me or let me know if anyone you know would be interested as we offer a $500 dollar referral bonus.
    [email protected] 949-777-6046

Our client, an automotive industry firm, is in need of a Multimedia System Engineer. This is a full time position in Ontario, CA.
    The successful candidate will be responsible to test the multimedia systems (Navigation, Telematics, infotainment, and Bluetooth systems) to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved. Must have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
    Responsibilities:

• Working knowledge of Navigation System, Telematics System, and Bluetooth

systems.

• Review and update appropriate updates to IOP as new emerging technology

applications are implemented

• Participate in design review

• Identify production requirement or performance issues and negotiate with core

design team for resolution

• Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and

follow through

• Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues

• Communicate effectively with core design team to improve overall system

performance

• Responsible for communication with customer on design definition

• Responsible for project management and project review with customers

• Creation of system test plans based on

to work with customers effectively.

Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:

• Must have 3 year + experience using BT logging tools

• Experiences with the following tools : V-CAN, M-CAN, N-BUS,

• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills

• Have experience with OEM vehicle development project from start to production

• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science

​Alexandria Zachariades

Technical Recruiter

Add me on linkedin Alexandria Zachariades | LinkedIn

Randstad Technologies, formerly Sapphire Technologies
    18500 Von Karman Ave. Suite 250
    Irvine, CA 92612

Direct Dial: 949-777-6046

F 949 253 3047

www.randstadtechnologies.com

Referral

IT candidates who refer new job orders or other IT candidates to Randstad Technologies may be eligible to earn a referral fee. Ask me for details!
    02-13-14 12:58 PM
    Hey guys!

New to this forum but really into tech! I am a technical recruiter who has open contracts with Mobis, Toshiba, Honda and BMW, we are attempting to get into Tesla and other motor trending company.

I am currently looking for a multimedia engineer in the Ontario, CA for a permanent direct hire to create and test multimedia systems.

Please contact me or let me know if anyone you know would be interested as we offer a $500 dollar referral bonus.
    [email protected] 949-777-6046

Our client, an automotive industry firm, is in need of a Multimedia System Engineer. This is a full time position in Ontario, CA.
    The successful candidate will be responsible to test the multimedia systems (Navigation, Telematics, infotainment, and Bluetooth systems) to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved. Must have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
    Responsibilities:

� Working knowledge of Navigation System, Telematics System, and Bluetooth

systems.

� Review and update appropriate updates to IOP as new emerging technology

applications are implemented

� Participate in design review

� Identify production requirement or performance issues and negotiate with core

design team for resolution

� Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and

follow through

� Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues

� Communicate effectively with core design team to improve overall system

performance

� Responsible for communication with customer on design definition

� Responsible for project management and project review with customers

� Creation of system test plans based on

to work with customers effectively.

Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:

� Must have 3 year + experience using BT logging tools

� Experiences with the following tools : V-CAN, M-CAN, N-BUS,

� Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills

� Have experience with OEM vehicle development project from start to production

� BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science

​Alexandria Zachariades

Technical Recruiter

Add me on linkedin Alexandria Zachariades | LinkedIn

Randstad Technologies, formerly Sapphire Technologies
    18500 Von Karman Ave. Suite 250
    Irvine, CA 92612

Direct Dial: 949-777-6046

F 949 253 3047

www.randstadtechnologies.com

Referral

IT candidates who refer new job orders or other IT candidates to Randstad Technologies may be eligible to earn a referral fee. Ask me for details!
    02-13-14 12:59 PM