I am wondering how all BlackBerry 10 users are struggling to install Android apps on their devices. If they admit that they need all these apps, why they don't use any Android device? If you compare the best device BlackBerry has made, which is Z30, with most android devices, will find that you can buy a device with the same specs (or better) in a low price. For example, in my country Q10 has the same price of Samsung Note 3. Of course I don't need to tell you about how is the difference between them in camera, resolution, possessor, and more. Another example is Samsung grand 2 is cheaper than any BlackBerry 10 smartphone and it has specs almost the same as Z30, the best BlackBerry. Please forget *your love to BlackBerry and answer my question honestly. Also don't forget while you are thinking of the answer that all updates that came to OS are 10 already in android device and more. Please don't say that BlackBerry has better quality, my Z10 went to service many times before they replace it and still hang all the time. Thanks for your patience! *
    02-07-14 02:42 PM
    Popcorn anyone? Counting down....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    02-07-14 03:00 PM
    BlackBerry out of the box UX elements. Hub, gestures, etc. Pretty simple for me personally. Android apps are supplements.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 03:06 PM
    One S3, S4 and Note 5 in my family. I have the only BBRY. The Android phones act up from time to time so basically all phones, regardless of name, have problems.

As for your question, For me, the Z10 is a beautiful phone and it is my phone of choice. I use a BBRY and Android apps because I see absolutely nothing wrong with having the option to use both on my preferred device. That way, I still get the BBRY user experience and the apps I need.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-07-14 03:06 PM
    There's already a similar thread on this topic about BlackBerry10 and android apps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=900440
    02-07-14 04:53 PM
    Because android is unsecured, laggy, untidy, childish, etc. Basically I would describe android as that kid who's parents don't yell at him, and does whatever he wants. Also, the interface is just clunky and cluttered. What is the point of having three clock widgets?!
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-10-14 07:21 AM
    Many people like myself aren't of the mind set that you should base your purchase solely on apps. That seems to have become the norm now. People think they can't do anything without apps. The world is full of followers but very short on leaders.
    Some actually base their decisions on other things such as productivity, security and so on. As someone mentioned above, the android app thing is just a supplement IF you wish to utilize it. So to answer your question.....
    Best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 07:41 AM
    reasons from me:
    Very easy to use in one hand, Easy to navigate, a lot faster when messaging compared to other brands, hub, keyboard, back cover: my z10 is always naked and it never fell.

I work on railroads and skytrain tracks. My coworkers' iPhone couldn't stay on over night due to cold weather, their iPhone screens are broken caused by accidental slip from their hands.

My coworkers complains about their Android because it gets slower as the device ages. One system file problem affects the whole system, vulnerable to malwares and spy wares, thieves can fish infos from your phone, no full control in Google+, hardware slips easily from hand, too big to handle, battery doesn't last long (unless you modify the os)

Lastly-
    BlackBerry 10 is for smarter person who doesn't want gimmicks and wants a real simpler function and use of a phone.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-10-14 07:54 AM
    Ah for ****s sakes, don't use a BlackBerry phone if all you're going to do is ***** and complain.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 07:59 AM
    Just because I use a few Android apps does not mean I wish to have an Android. That should be the same for anyone using BB10. We now have a choice to use some Android apps that are not available to us otherwise.

The way you use your phone is different than anyone else's. If you use lots of specialty apps and/or games then perhaps you would consider an Android device over a BlackBerry, but the choice of either is now there. The BlackBerry may cost more but it is because Android manufacturers don't need to invest as much of their own money in the OS software whereas BlackBerry does build there own OS with an emphasis on device security. If that's not important to you then you would consider the Android.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-10-14 08:39 AM
    Well I only need a few android apps, which are my banking app PayPal, netflix and instagram, that's it.
    Why I don't pick an android? Because is a mess of an OS! Messages are all over the place, and yes I know I can reach them from the top drop down menu but that is a one time thing. You check the message once and after that you have to go all the way to the app to find it again.
    Also There are too many apps trying to associate with different files, for example, there are too many apps associated with pdf, mp3, jpg, etc forcing you to chose which app you want to use every time you open a different file format THATS MAD ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't know how many people had this issue but, when I synced my emails to my first Android, I started getting massive amount of spams! And one of those emails was never in use and still got spams in it. I really hate that.

And that's just a few issues I had with android and it is the reason why I'll never go back to one

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-10-14 09:58 AM
    And note: I have a note 3, and the only reason I have it is to give it to my wife.

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-10-14 09:59 AM
    Despite what people say, Android is a very awesome os. I've owned a nexus 4 which was stunningly fast. I love the customizations and apps. I've become bored so I picked up a z10. It was a bit of a learning curve, but I'm really digging this os. It's very convenient and productive. I'm an artist who needs apps like instagram and tumblr to display my work. So, side losing apks is a plus for me. Android isn't as unstable as you think. And people having on it should take a month using it before judging. I'm taking a liking to bb10, because I became bored of android. Don't, however, talk **** about Android. It is a growing entity like Linux.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-18-14 01:31 AM
    We got a better os they got a better app selection, so untill they get a better os I get to use BlackBerry os with a CHOICE to use both BlackBerry and DROID apps!

So cool!

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    04-18-14 01:49 AM
    I only use Android apps to fill the void of big name apps. The only Android apps I have are Instagram, Kik, Snapchat, Flappy Bird, and Candy Crush. Hah, and now that I think about it these are all games that people covet. I hardly ever visit any except Instagram. The rest are just there.