Hi

I wrote a small Tool for all you people out there who're having a hard time sideloading Snap.
    The tool looks for the latest available version of Snap, downloads it and installs the BAR file directly on your device. Snap Installer supports sideloading using a USB cable or a WLAN connection. It's almost a 1-click installation. Additionally, you can sideload any bar file by just dragging and dropping it on the Snap Installer window.

If you don't know what Snap is, you should first read this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-1-a-874153/

Before you start
    Make sure, that you have Java 7 Runtime Environment installed. You can download Java from the Oracle website. Enable Development Mode on your device in Settings->Security->Development Mode. Enter a password if prompted and don't forget to write it down!

To sideload Snap via USB
    Blackberry Link must be installed on your PC. Connect the device to your pc using the USB cable and run the tool. The default IP-address 169.254.0.1 will be used to communicate with the device. If your device is not detected, you can change the USB-detection method on the device in Settings->Storage and Access-> USB Connection. Set it to Windows (thnx dustmalik!)

To sideload Snap via WLAN
    On your device, go to Settings->About->Category Network and write down the IP-address in the section Wi-Fi IPv4. Usually this will be something like 192.168.X.X. Enter the IP-address in the tool and you are ready to go. This Method doesn't require Blackberry Link!

Please note, that the installer doesn't work if you have a running VPN connection.

Download the Windows Version here:
    Snap Installer Win 1.2

How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer-donate-cobalts-work.gif

Here are some of the most common problems that may cause Snap not to work correctly after it was successfully installed:
    • Your device doesn't have OS 10.2.1 installed (this is mandatory)
    • You didn't grant all permissions to snap at first install
    • You are trying to download an app that you didn't buy on https://play.google.com/store

Here's how to install Snap on a device with corporate policy restrictions (thnx Coxwain):
    • Remove your corporate email account from the device. This will remove the it policy.
    • Install Snap by following the steps described above
    • Add corporate email account again (you'll need the activation code from your it department)

How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer-snap_installer.png

You can still download the script (CMD) version here:
    Download Snap Installer 1.1 (DOS version)

Mirrors: (now outdated, current version is v1.1)

Thanks to Bla1ze for the mirrors!

How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer-snap1.1.png
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 08-21-14 at 04:37 PM.
    02-06-14 01:07 PM
    Very cool.

I use Sachesi which is easy enough for me, but the convenience of yours is pretty awesome to say the least!

Thanks a lot! I'm sure many will appreciate this.
    Cobalt232 and MrDoreth like this.
    02-06-14 01:20 PM
    Great idea. This will certainly help that number of members who aren't quite up for side-loading.
    Deanig_12 and Cobalt232 like this.
    02-06-14 02:11 PM
    I use vnBB10
    02-06-14 02:20 PM
    I think you just gained a lot more influence around here for doing that.

Good for you!!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-06-14 03:35 PM
    Hi there...
    Your download link is dead
    02-06-14 05:59 PM
    Hi there...
    Your download link is dead
    Working for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    02-06-14 06:29 PM
    You sir, are awesome!
    Trying it out as soon as I get home

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-06-14 06:41 PM
    This is awesome!!!
    anand_ma and Cobalt232 like this.
    02-06-14 09:05 PM
    Back up links because Dropbox will inevitably kill that one after it attracts attention.
    02-06-14 09:24 PM
    Best post of the day thank you!!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-06-14 09:39 PM
    holy sh*t!

you are a boss!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-06-14 09:41 PM
    thenksssssssssss man u are genious thaaaaaaanksssssss
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-07-14 12:27 AM
    thenksssssssssss man u are genious thaaaaaaanksssssss again
    02-07-14 12:28 AM
    Should make it a sticky!!

Great work!!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-07-14 12:41 AM
    another great program from Cobalt, great!

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-07-14 12:42 AM
    It would be cool if Snap would update itself OTA.
    02-07-14 04:18 AM
    It would be cool if Snap would update itself OTA.
    Yep, that would be cool. I hope, we'll have this option sometime in the future.
    02-07-14 04:55 AM
    I downloaded Snap, the latest version. I have downloaded successfully a few apps. One app that doesn't seem to work is Google Drive. It gives a message that there are no google accounts. Does any one have a clue about this?
    02-07-14 05:19 AM
    chgcolor.exe & blackberry-deploy "not recognized" error on Win8.1x64, same as on APK Patcher.

Chgcolor is not that big of a deal if you follow the screen shots but bb-deploy is crucial.

Works on Win7x64 btw.
    02-07-14 06:54 AM
    I downloaded Snap, the latest version. I have downloaded successfully a few apps. One app that doesn't seem to work is Google Drive. It gives a message that there are no google accounts. Does any one have a clue about this?
    If you have a gmail account, you can sign into google drive and use it. It doesn't work without credentials
    02-07-14 07:33 AM
    Hi
    I tried to run the installer. And as I did not have a devicecode set I put one in the installer. When the installer continued the device afsked for the code but would not accept the code I gave the installer. And now I cant acces the device. What the f. Do I do?
    02-08-14 07:57 AM
    Did you activate developer mode on your Device in settings / security / developermode and set a password there?

The script can not set a password on the device, it just sends the password to login to the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:51 AM
    any way to get this to work with linux? I have a vpn setup and I could allow peeps to use it for free to setup their friends devices. I hate being out in the wild and talking about snap, and showing people what it could do on their phones. while they have no clue how to sideload or do anything else. would be nice if they could just hand me their phone..

i connect to linux vpn
    it runs your script

voila
    02-09-14 04:39 AM
    any way to get this to work with linux? I have a vpn setup and I could allow peeps to use it for free to setup their friends devices. I hate being out in the wild and talking about snap, and showing people what it could do on their phones. while they have no clue how to sideload or do anything else. would be nice if they could just hand me their phone..

i connect to linux vpn
    it runs your script

voila
    If you haven'y found it already, try Sachesi. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    There is a Linux-specific version that works to side load and more.
    02-09-14 05:56 AM
187 123 ...