Is Z10 scratch resistant? I did put screen protector and I don't like it so I decided to remove it. Now, it is crystal clear and I like the feel of the glass however I am afraid if Z10 is easily be scratched.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:16 AM
    I've had my z10 since launch, never had a screen protector and do not have scratches here. It gets lots of loving too.

Posted via CB10
    Korr Valmoria and tg1 like this.
    02-06-14 10:24 AM
    I accidentally put it in my pocket with my keys once and it came out unscathed. The Galaxy S3 I had before had the same accident and came out brutalized.
    02-06-14 10:36 AM
    mine got scratched in my pocket. get a screen protector.
    Noremacam likes this.
    02-06-14 10:37 AM
    It's extremely resistant. I got a screen protector eventually but before that it was completely naked for a few months. I think I had one barely noticeable scratch after that. Now it has a screen protector and the leather pouch, still in great condition. It holds up ridiculously well.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:39 AM
    Had mine since the day after launch. Not a scratch on it.

But - I'm not stupid enough to keep it in my pocket without at least a pouch on it. Even if you don't scratch the glass items in your pocket such as keys or change can easily scratch up the outer casing on the phone.

Why abuse it like that when you don't have to?
    02-06-14 11:38 AM
    InvisibleShield HD by Zagg feels like glass to the touch I've had mine on since about a month after launch - love it!
    02-06-14 11:59 AM
    Flip case, you get so used to it in a short time, saves battery when closed, ultimately it protects the screen from scratches and knocks.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:05 PM
    Like any smartphone, the BlackBerry Z10 is not scratch resistant. Most smartphone screens are extremely durable but there are always exceptions. I've found that a screen protector actually worsens the viewing experience with your smartphone. If you want protection, buy the BlackBerry leather case for the Z10. It protects your screen without sacrificing picture quality. And when you slide the phone out of the case, it wakes up. Then the screen turns off when placed back in the case. If I were to buy a protector, that would be my recommendation. Depending on how you use your phone, however, you don't usually need protection. Just don't put car keys or quarters in your pocket with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    02-06-14 12:20 PM
    No screen protector and no scratch
    02-06-14 01:36 PM
    Really not been an issue as I use a seido "face in" holster combo.
    That said, I did put an anti glare / anti fingerprint tech armor protector on because I just didn't like the fingerprints and it has worked amazingly well

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    02-06-14 01:53 PM
    Had my Z10 since June with no screen protector. No scratches.

I usually carry my phone in my shirt pocket, but when there is no shirt pocket, it goes in my empty left pocket. Keys, go in my right back pocket and my pocket knife goes in my right front pocket. My change I keep in that same pocket in a leather change carrier (no guy in his right mind carries a change purse).

Bottom line, use common sense. If you are in construction or an outdoorsy type of job, put a case and screen protector on your phone. If you have an office job like me, you can carry it naked.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    02-06-14 02:32 PM
    Mine has marks, but I bought it used off eBay, so who knows how the previous owner treated it. I have not scratched it at all, but I'm also pretty careful with it.
    02-06-14 02:34 PM
    I think a screen protector is better than even one permanent scratch.
    Not a chance im willing to take.
    02-06-14 03:31 PM
    Keys will not scratch the screen...a spec of sand will. If you go naked and haven't gotten a scratched screen, consider yourself lucky. Get the iSmooth screen protector...best I have found, and I have tried a TON of them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-06-14 03:50 PM
    Keys will not scratch the screen...a spec of sand will. If you go naked and haven't gotten a scratched screen, consider yourself lucky. Get the iSmooth screen protector...best I have found, and I have tried a TON of them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Mines a no name from a booth in the mall. Had it on almost a year (got it like a week after launch, phone on day one).
    No damage, no peeling, no fogging, no rough texture. The guy even put it on for me for free. Best $10 I spent on this phone.
    02-06-14 03:57 PM
    I had one since launch. It's gone now and didn't have a scratch. This one does though. But purely a bone head move by me putting it in my coat pocket with car keys. Luckily it's in the bottom right corner not affecting visibility.

Posted Via my second Z10
    02-06-14 04:08 PM
    I've had my z10 since launch, never had a screen protector and do not have scratches here. It gets lots of loving too.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Use a transform case and have dropped my phone about three times but screen has been fine. No scratches.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-06-14 04:23 PM
    If I may recommend the Steinheil Spigen ultra crystal screen protector. I've used them on every phone I've ever had and you would never even know its there! It feels exactly like glass!!! And the Z10 fits perfectly edge to edge so its nearly invisible! Just my 2 �!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-06-14 04:27 PM
    I used to have a screen protector for a couple weeks but it didn't feel as smooth. Haven't had one on in 10 months. Just use a pocket pouch or flip case and you won't have any issues when in your pocket. Not many objects will scratch the screen. Diamond, keys, stone perhaps. I have one tiny scratch in a year, you'll be fine.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-06-14 04:30 PM
    If I may recommend the Steinheil Spigen ultra crystal screen protector. I've used them on every phone I've ever had and you would never even know its there! It feels exactly like glass!!! And the Z10 fits perfectly edge to edge so its nearly invisible! Just my 2 �!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-07-14 12:22 AM
    I've been using mine in a holster for the past year and have never had any issues. No scratches here and no screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:42 AM
    Because the z10 used touch on glass technology, it is possible to destroy the digitizer. I would use a protector. I have a Ghost Glass in mine.

I had a Sena (Senna?) flip case years ago. It worked well, but if you have the phone in your pocket, there is always a chance something can slip under the lid. I got a Sena for my Bold and due to the LCD going close to the edge of the phone, the flip case would fall off the phone. They did take it back.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:49 AM