I have had a new Z30 since late December. It appeared in the beginning that my Outlook calendar and the Blackberry were linked. However now my new appointments, etc do not show up on my Blackberry Calendar and if I enter an appointment in Blackberry calendar it does not show up in Outlook. What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks
    02-05-14 11:50 AM
    Did you update link? Might be the issue if you did.
    02-05-14 12:01 PM
    I do not know where Link is. I did a search in Blackberry world and nothing came up. Can you help guide me where to find it. I am NOT a techie kind of guy unfortunately.
    02-05-14 02:56 PM
    Link is the computer program to manage your phone.
    02-06-14 07:30 AM
    Ok, so what do I do and how do I do it?

Thanks for any and all help.
    02-06-14 04:21 PM
    I'm not sure. I was wondering if your link program was updated on your computer. I don't have BB10 or sync outlook with anything. I just remember reading some threads where others kind of had the same issue and I think it was tied to a link update.

If it is due to that I would find the last version, possibly on here and uninstall the newer version and install the older version.
    02-07-14 07:36 AM
    Just to make sure: Are you talking about the Outlook software on your Windows computer or Microsofts Outlook.com mail service?

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:46 AM
    Ranbah,

If you are using outlook.com, then all you need to do is set up your email account on your Z30 and make sure you check the box to sync the calendar on your outlook.com email account with your Z30 calendar.

If you already have this email account setup on your phone, I suggest you delete cuz it isn't working properly. This will only delete the account from your phone... it won't delete anything you have on the outlook.com website.

Then go to Settings/Accounts/Add Account/Email/Advanced/Outlook.com... then you only need to fill in the blanks for your email address, your username (same as your email address) and your password. Leave everything else as set. The next screen will have some check boxes for contacts and calendar. Check the calendar for sure. Check the contacts too if you want the contacts you have saved on outlook.com to appear on your phone.

After the setup is complete, it "should" work. It may take a few minutes for the initial sync to finish depending on the amount of stuff you have that needs to sync and the speed of your data connection.

If you use the computer program "MS-Outlook" on a windows or mac computer, you can install the BB Link program on your computer to sync your MS Outlook calendar and contacts with your phone. But from your posts, it seems to me you are referring to Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:37 AM
    I am referring to my Outlook program on my computer. I am not familiar with Outlook.com. I appreciate everyones help. If I remember correctly at one time I synced my Gmail calendar with my Outlook calendar and that is how I can look at my Outlook calendar through my gmail calendar. Is there a better way to link my Outlook calendar to my Z30 calendar? I know gmail quit supporting the sync with Outlook so I am using the original sync program from years ago.
    FYI, my company does not support the new BBRY operating system to get my business emails through Outlook. So I cannot use that as a source.
    I was hoping when I get the new update for the OS for my Z30 that there might be a droid app that my company will support to get my business emails.
    Once again, thanks a bunch for any help.
    02-07-14 11:00 AM
    I am referring to my Outlook program on my computer. I am not familiar with Outlook.com. I appreciate everyones help. If I remember correctly at one time I synced my Gmail calendar with my Outlook calendar and that is how I can look at my Outlook calendar through my gmail calendar. Is there a better way to link my Outlook calendar to my Z30 calendar? I know gmail quit supporting the sync with Outlook so I am using the original sync program from years ago.
    FYI, my company does not support the new BBRY operating system to get my business emails through Outlook. So I cannot use that as a source.
    I was hoping when I get the new update for the OS for my Z30 that there might be a droid app that my company will support to get my business emails.
    Once again, thanks a bunch for any help.
    OK for MS Outlook, first make sure you have BlackBerry Link installed on your computer.

blackberry.com/link

Download and install the latest version for your computer.

Open BlackBerry Link, then attach your phone via usb. It could take several minutes, but at some point, the Link program should display a tab along the left side with your phone's name on it (Settings/About/Device Name if you want to change it).

Click in that tab and see if you can run a backup. If that's working (the first backup could take up to am hour or so), then click on Contact-Calendar sync. Specify the sync options, then click on "sync"... this will cause the Contacts & Calendar in your MS Outlook to be copied onto your BlackBerry. The BB10 OS will attempt to "link" any contacts that have identical names and phone numbers. but you should check manually after the first sync to see if there are any contacts that you want to link manually.

For example if you have Joe Smith on MS Outlook and Joseph Smith on your BB10 phone, the automatically linking won't work cuz the first name is different. If these are the same guy, then just edit one of them, tap "Links" at the bottom and the select the other contact to link to. Quite simple. Bit very easy to get it all screwed up... so be careful.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-07-14 at 02:05 PM.
    02-07-14 01:46 PM
    I'm trying to use Link with my Mac and my Z10. It will not synch Contacts or Calendar to Outlook for Mac. No such actually occurs. I'm ready to move to an iPhone to get this missing functionality. Help!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 11:59 PM
    I'm trying to use Link with my Mac and my Z10. It will not synch Contacts or Calendar to Outlook for Mac. No such actually occurs. I'm ready to move to an iPhone to get this missing functionality. Help!!
    Rifka,

Re-read my comments in my post immediately prior to yours... those instructions apply equally to BlackBerry Link on a Mac & on a Windows pc. I know that cuz I have a W7 laptop & my daughter has a Mac laptop. Both work fine at updating & syncing.

Plus, if you switch to an iPhone, you will have to use "icloud" sync... and if you're happy with that, you can just as easily use cloud sync with BB10 by signing up with outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you downloaded the MAC version ie: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...44993CF0E3E240
    apologies' if you have already.
    02-19-14 03:17 AM