I was discussing the poor battery life performance of my Z30 with a buddy with the same phone. He was not experiencing the same problems. We did a few checks and realized one big difference between our setups. I had selected WiFi media sync in BlackBerry Link. My buddy said when he had that selected his BB was transferring huge amounts of pictures and movies between his device and computer. Thus killing his battery. I have just deselected this in Link. Lets see if this solves my battery issues as well. I can not remember when I upgraded to Link and got the ability to do a WiFI sync but it seems like roughly the same time that my battery life went to hell. Here is hoping this fixes my battery issues. I am absolutely loving 10.2.1.
    02-05-14 10:41 AM
    I was discussing the poor battery life performance of my Z30 with a buddy with the same phone. He was not experiencing the same problems. We did a few checks and realized one big difference between our setups. I had selected WiFi media sync in BlackBerry Link. My buddy said when he had that selected his BB was transferring huge amounts of pictures and movies between his device and computer. Thus killing his battery. I have just deselected this in Link. Lets see if this solves my battery issues as well. I can not remember when I upgraded to Link and got the ability to do a WiFI sync but it seems like roughly the same time that my battery life went to hell. Here is hoping this fixes my battery issues. I am absolutely loving 10.2.1.
    That would likely cause excess drain. So does screen brightness, extended use, games, video, jumping in and out of wifi, a weak network, etc..
    02-05-14 10:51 AM
    I keep my computer turned over most of the time but I did turn off wifi media sync on my Z10 to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the tip, no doubt it will help lots of people.

Z10
    02-05-14 04:25 PM