Hi,

My ex installed a cell phone spy software on his cell from The Best Cell Phone Monitoring Spy Software
    Now he is monitoring my cell phone constantly. I know for sure because I saw some emails that confirm just that.

Is there any way I can prevent this without letting him know? I talked to Rogers but no help from them.
    Can I stop the application on my phone that send out the logs or info to his phone?

Thanks

Verne3
    02-05-14 09:41 AM
    That's brutal! I'm sorry to hear that. Personally I would call police... it's illegal for him to have done that.

I'm not sure, but I think a complete security wipe on your phone (back up first) and possibly reinstall the OS would work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drjames05; 02-05-14 at 10:03 AM.
    02-05-14 09:51 AM
    I like the part..... the government may ban this any day. Get it while it's still available. Nasty stuff if it really works. Doesn't sound like a wipe will do anything. It says nothing is installed on the phone you're spying on. You need to change your number?
    02-05-14 10:12 AM
    Walk up to him, grab his phone, take out your baseball bat, smash the phone into pieces, then threaten if he ever tries to spy on you again he'd receive the same fate as his phone.

On a more serious note, you can always try and get the police involved (maybe a restraining order?). There's no harm in asking them for help, even if it turns out they can't do anything.
    02-05-14 10:45 AM
    People actually think you can track someone with only knowing their phone number? The only software you need is an app (that just happens to work on every OS)? And it only costs $27?

Y'all are funny. Yea GSM/CDMA signals can be decoded, but it'll cost you more than $27.

Posted via Q10
    kbz1960 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    02-05-14 10:52 AM
    People actually think you can track someone with only knowing their phone number? The only software you need is an app (that just happens to work on every OS)? And it only costs $27?

Y'all are funny. Yea GSM/CDMA signals can be decoded, but it'll cost you more than $27.

Posted via Q10
    Maybe the NSA wants to generate some extra revenue!

But seriously, this website looks fishy. And it only works on phones manufactured up to January, 2011?
    02-05-14 11:14 AM
    Spam! There is software that does this but it must be loaded on the spied on phone. Check out some of their videos, it's not even about their so called software.
    jvinp likes this.
    02-05-14 11:34 AM
    Spam! There is software that does this but it must be loaded on the spied on phone. Check out some of their videos, it's not even about their so called software.
    Yes, I am of the same opinion, the OP is most probably spamming.

--------------------

Screen Timeout - app for BB10
    02-05-14 11:42 AM
    Yes, I am of the same opinion, the OP is most probably spamming.

--------------------

Screen Timeout - app for BB10
    I hope OP isn't.. we'll see if she/he comes back on.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:05 PM
    I can tell you that you CAN track a cell phone users via just his MSDIN/cell number and IMSI/SIM card if ... IF ... you work for the same telco that operates his/her line and has access to the switch, HLR and VLR.

Thank good ol' Nortel technology for that - and Nokia/Ericsson/Siemens switches

So ... does anyone work for a major telco here or has a paid connection

PS: If you doubt this is possible - it has been since 2000 that I'm aware of while I worked for T-Mobile USA Tier 2 and with Rogers Wireless during GSM transition; boring but much fun. How on earth do you think an on-site field technician can troubleshoot issues in your area (yes they CAN CLONE your line two as there IS an option for that on the switches).
    02-05-14 01:00 PM
    Well yeah but that's not the story the OP is trying to sell
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:07 PM
    I helped someone out with a similar issue. Verizon has a feature that an account holder that can be activated on all phones on the acct holders name.

This app tracked location GPS realtime with email updates, not sure if this is what's being done to you.

If you both are on the same account and you have access call the carrier and have it removed.

If not I'd confront the subject or think about moving on.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:13 PM
    This happened to someone I know. Turn off the radio on your phone. I believe that stops it. Double check with a Google search but that's what my friend found stopped her ex from gaining access to her texts/emails etc

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:32 PM
    The correct procedure is to delete the app, put a password on your phone that you do not share, and then fix/end the relationship.

Oh, and BAN THE SPAMMER!!!
    02-05-14 07:44 PM
    03-25-14 09:44 PM
    Wipe the device and re-install the latest back up that you know positively for sure this was not happening at the time.
    You may loose some of your most recent data, but restoring from a recent back up may just re-introduce the issue.
    After your device is straight again, tell him to kick rocks......
    03-25-14 09:49 PM
    I helped someone out with a similar issue. Verizon has a feature that an account holder that can be activated on all phones on the acct holders name.

This app tracked location GPS realtime with email updates, not sure if this is what's being done to you.

If you both are on the same account and you have access call the carrier and have it removed.

If not I'd confront the subject or think about moving on.

Posted via CB10
    Rogers has this too, it's called Phone Finder. But when you register the cell number a text is sent to that device and the person must opt in to the service in order to allow their location to be tracked

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:09 PM
    Rogers has this too, it's called Phone Finder. But when you register the cell number a text is sent to that device and the person must opt in to the service in order to allow their location to be tracked

Posted via CB10
    Have seen this before. A close friend had this done to her phone (by a now ex BF) and it did indeed send a text notifying and requiring the 'opt in'. But when he did this, he had access to her phone when the text came and simply accepted, then deleted the text and she was none the wiser for some time until she found out later by other means, via a monthly 'notice' sent out by the carrier that (insert her number) can be tracked by another phone. She got these notices for months and ignored them thinking it was just spam, then I saw one of the monthly 'notifications' when she got one and showed it to me. A little investigation after that and the relationship was obviously over.

Kobnyc
    03-26-14 06:32 AM