Hi,

My device, Q10 BD90 10.2.1.537
    I live in Italy, a few days ago we got the official OS update to 10.2.1
    I really like the new features in the new OS version and I was very pleased to see that the "DELETE ON DEVICE / DELETE ON DEVICE AND SERVER" function when deleting emails is back !!!
    To be exact, it is now called " DELETE FROM HUB" and "DELETE FROM HUB AND SERVER"
    So, when I choose a SINGLE email to delete on my Q10, as soon as i tap "delete" I get a screen asking me if I want to delete it from the Hub or delete it from the Hub and Server.
    So far so good as I find this function very practical.
    However, I noticed that, when I choose MULTIPLE emails to delete, when I tap delete that option is not there anymore...!!
    I only get the options to cancel the deletion or delete. If I tap delete, emails will be deleted from the Hub and the Server like they were before the OS update....

Anybody else has noticed that ???

How come the option to delete from the Hub or Hub/Server is given if I choose to delete a SINGLE message but the option is NOT there if I choose MULTIPLE emails to delete???

Don't know if it helps, I only have a gmail account on my Q10..

Any thoughts ??? Many thanks !
    02-04-14 06:16 AM
    If I recall correctly, it has been like that since that functionality came to BB10. Going deep into the back of my mind, It was like that on BBOS as well but I stand to be corrected.
    yor64 likes this.
    02-04-14 07:21 AM
    Hi,

I really like the new features in the new OS version and I was very pleased to see that the "DELETE ON DEVICE / DELETE ON DEVICE AND SERVER" function when deleting emails is back !!!
    To be exact, it is now called " DELETE FROM HUB" and "DELETE FROM HUB AND SERVER"
    So, when I choose a SINGLE email to delete on my Q10, as soon as i tap "delete" I get a screen asking me if I want to delete it from the Hub or delete it from the Hub and Server.
    However, I noticed that, when I choose MULTIPLE emails to delete, when I tap delete that option is not there anymore...!!
    I only get the options to cancel the deletion or delete. If I tap delete, emails will be deleted from the Hub and the Server like they were before the OS update....

How come the option to delete from the Hub or Hub/Server is given if I choose to delete a SINGLE message but the option is NOT there if I choose MULTIPLE emails to delete???

Just wondering if you are able to delete from the date? I'll be ordering my Q10 this weekend, but on my 9930 if I go to the date hit menu one of the options is delete prior. Then I have the ability to delete multiple emails. I always save the emails that I want deleted permanently.
    02-04-14 07:55 AM
    Delete prior (multi emails) on my 9930 does NOT delete from server - only handset. I'm using POP mail so I'm not sure if that matters.
    My Q10 should be here today!!!!
    02-04-14 08:21 AM
    Just wondering if you are able to delete from the date? I'll be ordering my Q10 this weekend, but on my 9930 if I go to the date hit menu one of the options is delete prior. Then I have the ability to delete multiple emails. I always save the emails that I want deleted permanently.

Hi,
    The option to delete or mark prior read from the date is still there on the Q10.
    ehm....where do you "save the emails that I want deleted permanently" ???
    If you delete them from the Q10, they will be deleted from the server as well.... Mind you, in Gmail you can retrieve them via "all mail".
    I get many messages that I don't want to keep on my Q10 but I DO want them on my server... So, since I've seen that when I delete an email onthe phone it is deleted on the server as well, here's what I do.
    I created a new folder in my Gmail "Inbox", called it "Various"
    When I want to delete an email on the phone that I want to keep on the server, instead of deleting the message, I file it in the "Various" folder. This way, my inbox on the phone is clear from unwanted messages and whenever I want to get back to them, I can still access them in my "Various" folder from both locations ( phone and pc )

I hope I make sense....

Enjoy your new Q10 !
    02-04-14 09:11 AM
    Delete prior (multi emails) on my 9930 does NOT delete from server - only handset. I'm using POP mail so I'm not sure if that matters.
    My Q10 should be here today!!!!
    If you find a solution post it, I might get a gmail account one day. Can't wait to get my hands on that Q10, should be interesting.
    02-04-14 09:13 AM
    Hi,
    The option to delete or mark prior read from the date is still there on the Q10.
    ehm....where do you "save the emails that I want deleted permanently" ???
    If you delete them from the Q10, they will be deleted from the server as well.... Mind you, in Gmail you can retrieve them via "all mail".
    I get many messages that I don't want to keep on my Q10 but I DO want them on my server... So, since I've seen that when I delete an email onthe phone it is deleted on the server as well, here's what I do.
    I created a new folder in my Gmail "Inbox", called it "Various"
    When I want to delete an email on the phone that I want to keep on the server, instead of deleting the message, I file it in the "Various" folder. This way, my inbox on the phone is clear from unwanted messages and whenever I want to get back to them, I can still access them in my "Various" folder from both locations ( phone and pc )

I hope I make sense....

Enjoy your new Q10 !
    On the 9930 if you have a "saved" folder just for emails, then you can delete them from the messages folder and still have access to it, its just in the saved folder. I don't know if this was carried over to BB10 devices.
    Looks like the same feature just a different name. Thanks.
    Last edited by world saviour; 02-04-14 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional info
    02-04-14 09:18 AM
    On the 9930 if you have a "saved" folder just for emails, then you can delete them from the messages folder and still have access to it, its just in the saved folder. I don't know if this was carried over to BB10 devices.
    02-04-14 09:27 AM
    Didn't mean to repost.
    02-04-14 09:28 AM
    Looks like the same feature just a different name. Thanks.
    Have a look here: Saved email messages - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    and Filing email - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1
    world saviour likes this.
    02-04-14 09:39 AM
    If you find a solution post it, I might get a gmail account one day. Can't wait to get my hands on that Q10, should be interesting.
    I'm actually fine the way it is Running a business and receiving so many emails a day I pretty much need to at least look at them all. Some are obviously spam but I look at each then decide where and how to delete. The only time I use delete prior is when I just want to clear the phone after I fire up outlook and all are downloaded there.

The main thing for me is the prompt option which is in the new update and which is the main reason I ordered the Q10. Otherwise I would be trying to decide between the lesser of two evils, iPhone or android.
    02-04-14 12:36 PM
    I love this feature and its absence was a huge source of frustration for me before latest update... just one problem, though: I mistakenly chose the option to always perform the action of deleting from both hub and server.

Anyone know how I can change that back? I have searched the settings and permissions but have had no luck finding anything.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:26 AM
    I love this feature and its absence was a huge source of frustration for me before latest update...

Posted via CB10
    Jokes on me since I got the Q10 on Feb 4th thinking the update will be released then. A week without the feature has really sucked!

Does anybody know exactly how BB makes it work? Do they just hide some messages that is not deleted from the server?
    02-07-14 08:48 AM
    I did the same thing on my Z10 and the Help for it shows a sequence that doesn't exist. There has to be a way to change it back but I haven't found it yet, so I'm hopeful that someone out there sharper than me knows how to do it.
    02-14-14 10:35 AM
    Go to the Hub, tap More in the bottom right corner, then tap Settings, then tap Display and Actions, scroll down to the Delete On bar and tap it. You'll see options -- tap Prompt and you'll be back to getting the option every time.
    02-14-14 12:09 PM
    Hi,

Here's your answer - Man BB has some dummies on staff!

KB35669-When deleting messages from the BlackBerry Hub, messages are deleted from both the BlackBerry Hub and the mail server even though the "Delete On" setting is set to "Handheld Only" or "Prompt"
    04-11-14 03:26 AM
    Just got the Q10, and I do not see the various delete options. Just the old "This will delete the selected item". I've gone into settings, and I can't find the delete from hub/server options for the Q10. Help?
    07-01-14 09:32 PM