I've never been fully satisfied with the "Connect to Dropbox" app that comes with bb10, but have found ways to make it work for me.

I downloaded Dropbox today from the Amazon store and so far am glad I did. The two improvements that I see right away are:
    1) photos upload autpmatically
    2) Connect to Dropbox has issues with folders with lots of content. Often not opening at all.

Has anybody else had the opportunity to use josh apps? Any more insights on the two?
    02-03-14 06:20 PM
    I use the Android version for the reasons you noted. "Connect to Dropbox" isn't full featured, it just taps into some API's and is limited.
    02-03-14 06:25 PM
    Can I jump in here and ask a dropbox question? Using connect to dropbox, when I want to share a link I long press and select it. However the share menu comes requiring me to select text or an app to see the link. Then it has to be copied in order to paste it somewhere else (ex. Forums). Is there an easier way? I dont see an easier way in the android app either

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:01 PM
    Can I jump in here and ask a dropbox question? Using connect to dropbox, when I want to share a link I long press and select it. However the share menu comes requiring me to select text or an app to see the link. Then it has to be copied in order to paste it somewhere else (ex. Forums). Is there an easier way? I dont see an easier way in the android app either

Posted via CB10
    It is asking where do you want to paste/share it. It sounds like you want the option to just place the url in the clipboard, rather than needing to share it out. I like that idea since I might already be composing an email/txt/bbm before getting the share link.

I think "Clipboard" needs to be added to the invocation framework, which would also come in handy for other use cases.
    nappp likes this.
    02-03-14 09:03 PM
    Exactly. I would love to just copy to the clipboard and not be forced to share using another app. I was hoping someone had a workaround or a quick process you go through to share a link with a forum thread or an already composed email in another window

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:18 AM
    Anyone know what the file size limit is on the connect to Dropbox app for BB10. I tried uploading a video that was 900mb and it gave me an error.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 01:26 PM
    I used to use android dropbox....but in the fine print there is a 1 year lifespan supposedly on files.

After I read that I switched Mega and Box on my BlackBerry and G+ on my android.

Mega, now that I fixed the auto upload, is awesome.

50gb of synced storage w no time limit.

Can't beat that.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:26 PM
    I like the native Dropbox app because of the File Manager integration, although heavy-duty cloud stuff (and photo auto upload, but I don't use it) is through Bitcasa.
    peregrineay likes this.
    02-08-14 02:28 PM
    Oh man, I am excited to hear Android Dropbox will give me automatic photo upload!!! Can't wait for 10.2.1!!!

I anticipate still using the Connect to Dropbox though, with the main benefit being integration into File Manager. I can move/copy/paste files easily and I can simply paste something into my Dropbox drive and it will appear on my computer within seconds. Amazing!

[pro-tip: I use a separate Dropbox account on my BlackBerry and maintain shared folders with my regular Dropbox account because my regular account is too big for my poor BlackBerry to handle. This way I can have a real Dropbox with Pinned folders that gives me access to my latest Dropbox files even when offline. A work-around for the broken "selective pinning" system that I hope they will fix someday!]
    02-09-14 05:26 AM
    Exactly. I would love to just copy to the clipboard and not be forced to share using another app. I was hoping someone had a workaround or a quick process you go through to share a link with a forum thread or an already composed email in another window

Posted via CB10
    I know in Box there's an option to quickly share a link. It's only available after the file is finished uploading (syncing). Once the file is completely uploaded, touch and hold it then press the overflow button in the menu that appears on the right instead of the share button. You'll see an option to Share Link. When you touch it, it brings up the screen with the generated link which allows you to share it through different Apps/methods. If you touch and hold the actual url, the menu comes up where you can copy it to the clipboard. Haven't tried it on Connect to Dropbox yet though.

Update: In Connect to Dropbox you can just Share the Link to the Remember App then do whatever you want with it from there. That's a quick and easy workaround.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 02-09-14 at 09:11 AM.
    02-09-14 08:58 AM
    Ok I downloaded android dropbox, but cant view full screen. Its asking if I want camera upload, but there is no accept button or cant scroll to right etc.?? Anyone using this with Q10?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 04:48 PM
    Ok I downloaded android dropbox, but cant view full screen. Its asking if I want camera upload, but there is no accept button or cant scroll to right etc.?? Anyone using this with Q10?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Finally got into app, but I am trying to add photos to my albums that I can share. But when I click to add to album, it only grabs the photos that were tranfered per day, and wont grab the photos from camera upload folder. How do I add these to a share folder?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 05:22 PM
    It's good enough for most people but it lacks functionality.
    02-27-14 06:09 PM
    for some reason mine dont seem to upload automatically... they used to on previous version of 10.2 but now on the latest leak and even the official leak they dont upload unless i open the app after first reboot.
    02-27-14 06:32 PM
    Native Dropbox now auto syncs/uploads photos and videos. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:04 PM