Now that Snap supports purchased Android apps. Can anyone confirm that TomTom works on 10.2.1 on a Z10 before I shell out �25. Cheers!

PS I know other nav apps exist for BB10 but this question is about the TomTom android app.

Posted via CB10 on my shiny new Z10, OS10.2.1.1925, 1926 radio. So long i5!
    02-03-14 12:40 PM
    It is working. I copied the 2.8 gb file and tested. I personally will recommend iGO or Navigon.
    02-03-14 12:58 PM
    It is working. I copied the 2.8 gb file and tested. I personally will recommend iGO or Navigon.
    Thanks

I'm in the UK. Do iGO and Navigon have traffic and speed camera alerts? Are these paid apks?

02-03-14 01:12 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to have Tom tom on your Blackberry phones? Did you know that the BlackBerry Maps app on BlackBerry 10 is provided by Tom tom?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 01:37 PM
    Although I love my Z10, but no offense the BB Map app is crap.

Both iGO and Navigon have traffic and speed camera alerts. Navigon is paid app; in terms of iGO there are so many websites that you can visit to download the "skin" to customize and use it for free, because, simply put, it is the best.

If you want to pay anyways, why don't you try the native BB10 app (Melo)? I saw the reviews are very good.
    02-03-14 02:02 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to have Tom tom on your Blackberry phones? Did you know that the BlackBerry Maps app on BlackBerry 10 is provided by Tom tom?

Posted via CB10
    BB Maps are online. Do not have speed camera alerts. The traffic is nowhere near as accurate as TomTom's. BB Maps is a good app for light use but not suitable, in my opinion, for a regular, daily, lengthy journeys.

02-03-14 02:48 PM
    I purchased Tomtom yesterday, the app loads fine but it will not activate so I guess it does not really work at all. I also tried Copilot and hit the same problem. Luckily google offer the 15 minute refund policy.

It's a real shame as but other than complex workarounds I do not think there is a solution.
    02-03-14 04:15 PM
    I have cracked Tomtom (usa) for Android. It installs fine but I don't lnow where to copy map data. Help me please
    02-03-14 05:35 PM
    Hey, I managed to get TOMTOM app working with Uk maps, it took me a while to be honest and the app is not as responsive as I want it to be but at least is working.

You will need to find a Patched version or Cracked.

Follow the video (in italian put pic is great) and you will manage.
    02-13-14 01:10 PM
    Mireo Don't Panic is available I'm BlackBerry World, uses TomTom mapping for many countries and works really well.

Posted via CB10
    Istvan Szabo likes this.
    02-15-14 07:25 PM
    Or you could just use wisepilot which I've been using since the pre BlackBerry 10 days and they have supported BlackBerry 10 since launch,
    Camera alerts, traffic and speed alerts all supported with voice, you can choose which maps to install should you require it for travelling abroad

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:27 AM
    Mireo is a very nice app, I tried the trial and liked it a lot. The only reason I did not buy it was the lack of any traffic or speed cameras in the UK. YMMV on this one. I also tried wise pilot, not as nice as mireo IMO but ok, it claims to have speed cameras but on the 2 journey's I did it did not spot any of the ones I drove past.

I have had copilot almost a week now and it works great no bugs or non-native oddities, in fact I'd say that to the untrained eye you'd never guess it was not a native app. Just don't to buy it from the google play store as the license will not validate, buy it direct from copilot and it works great.
    02-16-14 03:32 AM
    Mireo is a very nice app, I tried the trial and liked it a lot. The only reason I did not buy it was the lack of any traffic or speed cameras in the UK. YMMV on this one. I also tried wise pilot, not as nice as mireo IMO but ok, it claims to have speed cameras but on the 2 journey's I did it did not spot any of the ones I drove past.

I have had copilot almost a week now and it works great no bugs or non-native oddities, in fact I'd say that to the untrained eye you'd never guess it was not a native app. Just don't to buy it from the google play store as the license will not validate, buy it direct from copilot and it works great.
    I was a CoPilot Live user for three years on the iPhone and could not fault it, great app. Mireo I have found to be more than a match mapping wise but unless you live in mainland Europe or the US there is no traffic so this is a let down.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:35 AM
    I need help I just install TomTom is getting error no network. How do I get this to work
    02-18-14 06:24 PM
    Check out Navigate 6 instead. 30 days trial and afterwards you can buy limitless maps (without Play Store).
    It also offer speed camera alerts and traffic information. Please do change the voice after installation from text-to-speech to the voice you want to download (free).
    02-19-14 03:15 AM
    Check out Navigate 6 instead. 30 days trial and afterwards you can buy limitless maps (without Play Store).
    It also offer speed camera alerts and traffic information. Please do change the voice after installation from text-to-speech to the voice you want to download (free).
    Really like the look of Nav 6. However when I hit purchase map I get an error saying cannot purchase on device and to use Google Play Store?

02-27-14 03:45 PM
    TomTom APK-img_20140227_214715.png

02-27-14 03:47 PM

How does the Copilot direct purchase work? Do you get a download link for the apk?

02-27-14 05:11 PM
    Sygic is also a good alternative navigation app and it works nice on BB 10
    03-04-14 04:49 AM
    Sygic is also a good alternative navigation app and it works nice on BB 10
    Can you help with installing. Purchased but app crashes when first starting. Thanks.

03-04-14 06:45 PM
    Really like the look of Nav 6. However when I hit purchase map I get an error saying cannot purchase on device and to use Google Play Store?
    Yeah. ****. Made a mistake there.

I solved it this way: Installed BlueStacks (Android Runtime Simulator for PC) on my PC and installed Navigate 6 there. Registered an Emailadress in the settings and acknowledged the Email from route66. Then in Bluestacks I bought the Map (Bluestacks has Google Play Store fully integrated). After having checked it to be activated I openend my App on the BlackBerry Z10 and entered the Emailadress in the settings I used in Bluestacks. The App then states that the Emailadress is being used on another device and if I want to transfer it to this device. Klick Yes and ackowledge the Email from route66.
    I now have unlimited Maps on my Z10.

This only works for Android to Android or iOS to iOS, not cross-system.
    Check this official Video for tutorial:
    03-05-14 04:02 AM
    Can you help with installing. Purchased but app crashes when first starting. Thanks.

I had the program installed on an SD card on my HTC device before. After I got my Z10, I just took the files from there, moved to the BlackBerry and taped the apk file.
    Another possibility for working might be because I use other version of program and BlackBerry OS? No idea...
    Sygic 13.4.1 and OS 10.2.1.537

Now I feel bad. You purchased the app because I told you that is working
    I am very sorry.

L.E. Maybe try to restart your device before installing?

TomTom APK-20140305124413.jpg

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-05-14 05:12 AM
    Thanks. I'll give that a go!

Done this on my Z10
    03-05-14 12:59 PM
    I had the program installed on an SD card on my HTC device before. After I got my Z10, I just took the files from there, moved to the BlackBerry and taped the apk file.
    Another possibility for working might be because I use other version of program and BlackBerry OS? No idea...
    Sygic 13.4.1 and OS 10.2.1.537

Now I feel bad. You purchased the app because I told you that is working
    I am very sorry.

L.E. Maybe try to restart your device before installing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140305124413.jpg 
Views:	1368 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	252874

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    No problem. I got it sorted. It's the OBB file that's missing / can't be downloaded.

Purchased licence from Sygic website.

Downloaded APK from Snap.

Googled Aptoide version of Sygic. Opened download file on PC. Copied link to OBB file. Transfered to Z10.

Copied OBB file to android / android / obb

Renamed as .ZIP

Extracted to new folder named Sygic in android folder.

Renamed back to .obb

Created text file in new Sygic folder with called "version"

Entered text "66" hit return and saved.

Bingo. Works!

Done this on my Z10
    03-05-14 01:05 PM
    Just wow! Sounds complicated after all.
    I'm glad you made it!
    Sygic is awesome, I hope you like it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-05-14 01:53 PM
31 12