Hi,

A year ago, introducing BlackBerry 10, our "beloved" Heins announced that the new BlackBerry OS was the best support for social networking, thanks to one of the best feature of the OS, the Hub.

A year later, now that the new OS 10.2.1 is there with the best features to date, It's a shame that we are still getting frustrated dealing with our social networking apps due to their lacks of quality.

Seriously BlackBerry, we don't want to install Twitter for Android, or any paid apps such as Neatly or Blaq but use a perfect native Twitter app, packed with all the features and great Hub Integration...
    There are millions of people using Twitter on BlackBerry devices, millions who desire being able to use an app capable to allow them being free to go tweet around on their laptops...but unfortunately, we have to go elsewhere.
    I can't believe that the Droid version is more effective with more functionality than ours.

I don't even mention Facebook's problems (I don't use this crap), which took a long time to get some of their problems fixed, but the app's quality is still representative of what Facebook is...

I can forgive BlackBerry 10 for the lack of Instagram before.
    It was Instagram's fault anyway, an Apple+Droid fanboy company.

Well, will we ever see the light of a revolution to get the best social networking apps fully operational?

When will you introduce a new, revisited Twitter app?

These apps must be as operational as our hub, our contact app, our browser!
    They are at the center of the platform, in their own ways.

Katching!
    Made in flanders likes this.
    02-03-14 05:37 AM
    I for one do not care about a new Twitter app. Never used the native one and Blaq is the best there is. Why would you need a different one?
    nico2004 likes this.
    02-03-14 05:45 AM
    Well, twitter app is well-known for recurrent crashes, refreshing problems, image loading problems and they're no options like the android app.
    02-03-14 05:52 AM
    I used to have the same disappointing attitude towards the Twitter app as well till they eventually pin pointed most of the missing features.

Now it has what the Android app has as well.

If you can point something out that the android app has that the bb10 app doesn't, I will join you with the journey of shaking my fist at the devs.

@jaydee it's sad to buy a third party app to get the basic features of twitter if everyone else is getting it for free /:
    jason9900 and Grumblegrumble like this.
    02-03-14 07:15 AM
    Our contact app is operational? Hahahaha what a joke. Try linking contacts and tell me again if it's operational.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-03-14 07:29 AM
    Our contact app is operational? Hahahaha what a joke. Try linking contacts and tell me again if it's operational.

Posted via CB10
    Well since the 10.2.1.1925 update, the contacts app has rapidly improved. I have linked contacts, and I'm facing no issues at all. Since we can now choose where to store contacts (sim, local, email), it has improved the experience of the contacts app

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have all of my contacts linked to all of their social media where applicable, it did most of it automatically.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:54 AM
    I'm long BlackBerry 10 but the linked contacts are still a trouble for me. Because I still use whatsapp. Linked contacts cause the favorites in whatsapp to go all wonky. Also, when I link my contacts to their Facebook etc, their contact pictures randomly change. So I do as I did before and unlink my contacts from their social networks

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:25 AM
    I'm long BlackBerry 10 but the linked contacts are still a trouble for me. Because I still use whatsapp. Linked contacts cause the favorites in whatsapp to go all wonky. Also, when I link my contacts to their Facebook etc, their contact pictures randomly change. So I do as I did before and unlink my contacts from their social networks

Posted via CB10
    That's probably a bug with whatsapp, I don't use it so I couldn't tell you, as for Facebook, when you initially set it up there are settings for how it handles contacts, but it stores both their Facebook picture and the picture you had originally set for them on the contacts profile so you can change it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just linked a couple entries with no problems. What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:01 AM
    contact app is mess ...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:03 AM
    There isn't anything missing in the Facebook app after the latest update for me. I much prefer it to the app on Android or iOS as it simply displays updates in most recent order without trying to decide what I should see like the other ones do. I hate that Top Stories feature. Twitter seems fine to me now too and Blaq is awesome.
    02-03-14 09:39 AM
    I for one do not care about a new Twitter app. Never used the native one and Blaq is the best there is. Why would you need a different one?
    Ya I'm with jaydee...although I have twitter on my device I haven't gone into it since downloading Blaq late last spring.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-03-14 09:48 AM
    I disabled friends search in Facebook and it never reverted back.

BlackBerry 10 contacts merge is the best imo. On android facebook doesn?t merge contacts at all. Yes, there could be 3rd party apps that abuse contacts API but built in apps work perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:38 AM
    Does blaq push notifications to the hub?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    It does now.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-03-14 04:50 PM
    My issue is the same as the op's. Really frustrating that notifications are so inconsistent with twitter and I get zero on my z30 from Facebook. I use twitter and Facebook for my business with 1700 followers. I need notifications. I need to follow up with clients or prospective customers.

Do the android versions of the apps push to the device hub? I've downloaded a couple Android apps that have notifications but they don't push to my BlackBerry Hub. I hope that issue is addressed in a future os patch. What's the point of being able to download Android apps without having full functionality of hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:52 PM
    Yeah, I want the pulled updated version to be available again Hope they fix the bug that came with it soon. For me the app is pretty much functional now. It let's me do what I want to do easily.

However think about this, have you ever seen a sponsored tweet in the BlackBerry for BlackBerry 10 Twitter app? :P
    That is one thing I sure don't miss.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:57 PM
    I'm satisfied with the social networking apps available, the only issues I have encountered apart from a few rare crashes (which have always been handled well by the BlackBerry 10 OS) is when syncing contacts.

Linked Contacts are awesome but it needs more work on preventing duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:49 PM
    I agree about the twitter app, the performance is just horrible, it takes like 10 minutes to load up your timeline and your notifications don't even show up on time.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:55 PM
    I agree about the twitter app, the performance is just horrible, it takes like 10 minutes to load up your timeline and your notifications don't even show up on time.

Posted via CB10
    What version of Twitter app do you use?
    I just tried and it seems pretty fast on my Z10, OS 1925, Twitter 10.2.2.1.
    02-03-14 11:10 PM
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back @sammiikh17

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:17 AM
    What version of Twitter app do you use?
    I just tried and it seems pretty fast on my Z10, OS 1925, Twitter 10.2.2.1.
    I am on the latest version of twitter.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. I'm also running the latest version. Picture take a lot of time to load.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:39 PM