We need a good shortwave radio app that covers the full spectrum of bands, for BB10 devices, namely the Z10. Without any permissions that require you to give any personal information or pin.

Any thoughts?

Posted Via Z10
    02-03-14 02:40 AM
    I think that the Z10 doesn't have radio support. That's why all other BB10 devices have radio except the Z10
    02-03-14 05:26 AM
    right. the Z10 has no hardware for that
    02-03-14 05:27 AM
    Only the stl100-1 z10 has radio and mircast capacity. However other models of z10 don't

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:57 AM
    I meant an app for shortwave. The S10 has the ability to listen to radio feeds online. I listen to a scanner feed all the time.

I meant a shortwave radio app.

Some people are too quick to answer.

Posted Via Z10
    Mecca EL and ihys like this.
    02-03-14 06:27 AM
    Shortwave fan, don't see many nowadays!

"Without any personal permissions"

Most apps, especially ones like this, need access to this. Whether it be for location based ads or what not, they are not obtrusive to your sensitive data.

If you're on the 10.2.1 OS, I'd recommend you trying HFBeacon. It's an android app but it does have what you're looking for as there's nothing in the BlackBerry World that accommodates your needs. If you want the APK, I'll be more than happy to give it to ya.
    Mecca EL and BerryRipe like this.
    02-03-14 06:58 AM
    Thanks, send me a PM in relation to that info. Thanks again !
    02-03-14 07:11 AM
    A shortwave app does not need my device identifying information such as my PIN for my phone. Sorry, will not allow that !
    02-03-14 07:12 AM
    A shortwave app does not need my device identifying information such as my PIN for my phone. Sorry, will not allow that !
    I was going to PM you but then I saw that HFBeacon was a hunk of junk. http://swling.com/blog/2014/01/the-b...-smart-phones/

Take a look at the android section of the lower half of this site. It has a bunch of android apps that do the job but Idk which one to pick lol. Maybe you can narrow that down for me. Good thing about it is, Google Play store shows you what permissions the app uses as well if you look in the info area.
    02-03-14 07:57 AM
    Please stop the bickering and continue in a more civil tone. The "unnecessary" posts have been removed.
    02-03-14 03:09 PM
    Could someone please explain what this kind of app does? I assume this is some other kind of internet-based communication protocol rather than what I think of as shortwave radio:

Shortwave radio is radio communication using the upper MF (medium frequency) and all of the HF (high frequency) portion of the radio spectrum, between 1,800–30,000 kHz.[1]
    02-03-14 03:18 PM
    Why the pin privacy??
    It's essentially useless for anything other than contacting you.
    Am I forgetting something else it can be used for??
    02-03-14 03:19 PM
    I don't feel like having my personal information demanded, so as to use an app.

Posted Via Z10
    02-03-14 04:08 PM
    I don't feel like having my personal information demanded, so as to use an app.

Posted Via Z10
    That's not unreasonable, but really, what's so personal about your pin?
    If anything, it's less personal than posting here. I'm sure someone at CB can see what ip you've posted from. That can be linked directly to use probably far easier than your pin.
    I'm not trying to argue, and you're free to disagree, but I don't see the pin as that 'personal'.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-03-14 04:16 PM
    Could someone please explain what this kind of app does? I assume this is some other kind of internet-based communication protocol rather than what I think of as shortwave radio:...
    I read this as the original poster just wants an app that delivers streams of shortwave radio broadcats...similar to how other streams are made available for other radio stations.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:20 PM
    That's not unreasonable, but really, what's so personal about your pin?
    If anything, it's less personal than posting here. I'm sure someone at CB can see what ip you've posted from. That can be linked directly to use probably far easier than your pin.
    I'm not trying to argue, and you're free to disagree, but I don't see the pin as that 'personal'.
    It's personal to me, because it belongs to my phone. Thank you.

Posted Via Z10
    02-03-14 04:33 PM
    I read this as the original poster just wants an app that delivers streams of shortwave radio broadcats...similar to how other streams are made available for other radio stations.

Posted via CB10
    Finally, someone who gets it...thank you.

Posted Via Z10
    02-03-14 04:35 PM
    Finally, someone who gets it...thank you.

Posted Via Z10
    Well take a look at my link, it has quite a few android apps to choose from.
    02-03-14 04:37 PM
    It's personal to me, because it belongs to my phone. Thank you.

Posted Via Z10
    Ahhh

I think I've figured out what I missed before the cleanup.
    02-03-14 05:09 PM
    really ? where can i find the radio ? i have an STL100-1
    02-03-14 05:14 PM
    really ? where can i find the radio ? i have an STL100-1
    It's not in the software.
    Apparently the stl100-1 does have the hardware, but since the other models dont, there's no fm radio in the z10 software.
    02-03-14 05:59 PM
    It's not in the software.
    Apparently the stl100-1 does have the hardware, but since the other models dont, there's no fm radio in the z10 software.
    Well i would be nice if someone makes an app for it, or if BB send an update to Stl100-1 users
    02-04-14 03:55 PM
    Well i would be nice if someone makes an app for it, or if BB send an update to Stl100-1 users
    I don't know if an app is or isn't possible, but it wouldn't be smart for BlackBerry to give a feature to some z10's and not all.
    It's better for the brand to be consistent.
    That would be like some mcdonalds not have the big Mac.
    02-04-14 04:05 PM
    Agreed. BlackBerry needs to step up and support the Z10 fully, as are the rest, including Q10 and Z30.

Didn't they say they'd support the Z10 fully upon it's release? Remember this? Time to step up to the plate BlackBerry...we want radio support for the Z10. Enough with broken promises or lack of support.

Posted Via Z10
    02-04-14 04:15 PM
    I don't know if an app is or isn't possible, but it wouldn't be smart for BlackBerry to give a feature to some z10's and not all.
    It's better for the brand to be consistent.
    That would be like some mcdonalds not have the big Mac.
    I don't agree, I bought my Z10 STL101 for the same price than the other variants. They have LTE, mine not. Why can't I have all the features of my processor? Radio, wifi direct, miracast.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:24 PM
35 12