Hi All,

I have recently started to notice some android apps that were present from the appstore are now gone! Most recently, Vivino wine scanner. All I can say is thank heavens for SNAP. BB needs to let SNAP into appworld. At this point, I dont think it will hurt native developers.

just my 2 cents.
    02-02-14 12:57 PM
    Piracy possibly, I know there's duplicate of Android apps in BBW because people falsely claim to be the developer of them. And once in a while, Yelp and such have gotten cease and desists from the actual service. Yelp sent a cease letter to the third party dev.

My personal opinion on Snap is, it really shouldn't belong in App World. It'll make it harder to support developpers who develop native apps or official ports even. You don't want to give them a reason not to support BB10. Keep it as a sideload. It's easy enough to sideload anyways.
    andreirad, 00stryder and gokulesh like this.
    02-02-14 01:00 PM
    Update: Vivino app from play store needs google services - sigh. I installed play store/services apk. App runs but every 20 it says "google play services has stopped. Very annoying.
    02-02-14 01:30 PM
    Hi All,

I have recently started to notice some android apps that were present from the appstore are now gone! Most recently, Vivino wine scanner. All I can say is thank heavens for SNAP. BB needs to let SNAP into appworld. At this point, I dont think it will hurt native developers.

just my 2 cents.
    No they shouldn't and they won't. Snap will give users a means of downloading apps from elsewhere outside of their control. And the most important problem to Blackberry would be they won't get to profit from apps purchased through Snap (I'm not sure if that's possible yet. I have not tried.) If it is possible and since Snap is interfaced with your Google Play Store account you're essentially handing over money to Google instead of Blackberry.
    FYI
    02-02-14 03:10 PM
    And the most important problem to Blackberry would be they won't get to profit from apps purchased through Snap
    FYI
    I think BlackBerry losing a few pence from another app store is the least of their worries at the moment.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 03:20 PM
    There was no mention of the Android Runtime in the press release for 10.2.1, which puzzled me. This feature is a big deal, huge in fact, which makes me believe there is more coming, perhaps integration into BlackBerry World.....who knows.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    02-02-14 03:32 PM
    What I have found is that some of the apps I have paid for in bbw are free in the android store

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-02-14 03:34 PM
    There was no mention of the Android Runtime in the press release for 10.2.1, which puzzled me. This feature is a big deal, huge in fact, which makes me believe there is more coming, perhaps integration into BlackBerry World.....who knows.

That was very intentional, it's really for devs (see the official BlackBerry dev blog) and the company's sorta kinda just letting users/tech blogs share the "good news" with uninformed BB10 owners. They won't officially say anything until there's some formal agreement with Google in place since it's not technically authorized for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:47 PM
    That was very intentional, it's really for devs (see the official BlackBerry dev blog) and the company's sorta kinda just letting users/tech blogs share the "good news" with uninformed BB10 owners. They won't officially say anything until there's some formal agreement with Google in place since it's not technically authorized for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, thanks.

00stryder likes this.
    02-02-14 03:57 PM
    No. Did you recently upgrade your os? If the app was packaged only to work on 10.0, .1, or. 2 then it won't show as available on a device running 10.2.1 BlackBerry auto repackaged a lot of apps that they believed would work across os versions without modification but for the apps that may require modifications it is up to the developer to repackage and repost. The devs aren't repackaging. Send them an email.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:48 PM
    I will. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:00 PM
    I have recently started to notice some android apps that were present from the appstore are now gone! Most recently, Vivino wine scanner.
    Vivino does not support running their Android app on BB, so they disregard my issue with versions 7.2 and 7.2.1 (the app does not take pictures on my Z10). They apparently broke the app, as version 7.1.2 works ok on my Z10.
    03-19-14 06:19 PM
    I think BlackBerry losing a few pence from another app store is the least of their worries at the moment.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    If you want Android applications, buy a Google Android smartphone. BlackBerry should remove BlackBerry Android Player immediately to encourage development of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications and HTML5/CSS applications.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-19-14 10:01 PM
    If you want Android applications, buy a Google Android smartphone. BlackBerry should remove BlackBerry Android Player immediately to encourage development of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications and HTML5/CSS applications.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Do you always sound this pressed?
    03-19-14 10:05 PM
    Vivino does not support running their Android app on BB, so they disregard my issue with versions 7.2 and 7.2.1 (the app does not take pictures on my Z10). They apparently broke the app, as version 7.1.2 works ok on my Z10.
    I had that app briefly, couldn't get it to work. Decided that using it took away valuable drinking time anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:26 PM
    Many devs are starting to use Google Framework Services in their apps, because they allow them to add powerful, well-integrated features to their apps very easily. But that means these apps won't run on BB10, so I wouldn't be surprised if those devs were removing them from BB World, as they won't want to continue to support the old versions, and the new ones aren't BB10 compatible.
    eywong likes this.
    03-19-14 11:20 PM
    Many devs are starting to use Google Framework Services in their apps, because they allow them to add powerful, well-integrated features to their apps very easily. But that means these apps won't run on BB10, so I wouldn't be surprised if those devs were removing them from BB World, as they won't want to continue to support the old versions, and the new ones aren't BB10 compatible.
    Yes this is exactly what happened with Vivino! BUT hopefully as BB10 continues to improve and Android support gets better perhaps we WILL get google services. (Currently there ARE a few hacks that can be done to get stuff working, BUT as much as they get stuff working, they mess up other stuff, BUT you never know what BBRY has in store for us with future OS builds!)
    ryanza likes this.
    04-18-14 01:00 AM