My Z30 took a meter drop to concrete thanks to my rabbit. The body is undamaged, except for a small nick on the plastic outline that covers the bezels.

Functionality wise, could you guys play music at full volume, turn the Z on its back, cover the bottom left speaker and tell me how it sounds like?

I just want to know if my left speaker (on it's back) took damage.
    02-02-14 12:01 PM
    Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

This includes an audio test.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:52 PM
    Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

This includes an audio test.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, thing is it passes all tests, since there is no individual speaker test. But no sound comes out from that particular (right) speaker. I'm trying to figure out if it's always been like that and I didn't notice up until now.

A 3 speaker setup does sound weird. Maybe it's top and bottom mid speakers and the other one is a mini woofer or tweeter (is that even possible)? Maybe that's how natural sound works.

I'm just searching for an explanation, I don't want this device to be broken.
    02-02-14 01:21 PM
    Bottom left speaker on mine is quieter than the bottom right, i don't think you're crazy lol

Have to research more about the speaker setup and figure it out, but unless mine is broken too (its not) than yours is fine from what i can tell

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:35 PM
    Bottom left speaker on mine is quieter than the bottom right, i don't think you're crazy lol

Have to research more about the speaker setup and figure it out, but unless mine is broken too (its not) than yours is fine from what i can tell

Posted via CB10
    That's the answer I was looking for. I took the back cover off, shined a flashlight at both speakers, and the left one was just a tiny hole.

I'm not crazy, so far. Thanks, both of you.

Now I need to find an otterbox commuter available for overseas shipping.
    Technomotive likes this.
    02-02-14 01:45 PM