I have a Z10 and my wife has a Q10, both on EE in the UK. My wife has had the update through and I'm still waiting. I have tried her sim in my phone but it makes no difference. Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 06:14 AM
    I have a Z10 and my wife has a Q10, both on EE in the UK. My wife has had the update through and I'm still waiting. I have tried her sim in my phone but it makes no difference. Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Many carriers offer the update progressively to customers, not all at once.

And some carriers are rolling it out to different devices at different times.

If you absolutely cannot wait, there are some other alternatives.

If you have already manually hit the "Check for software updates" button, you could try connecting the device to BlackBerry Link, sometimes Link will offer the update before it is offered over the air.

If that doesn't work, and you really are anxious, post back and I will give you some other alternatives.
    02-02-14 06:34 AM
    I'm on EE/Orange on a Z10 too and I got the update on the first day of the roleout, so it's not that EE haven't roled out to the Z10.

Have you tried BlackBerry Link on your computer?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:54 AM
    I've tried BlackBerry Link and it says that I have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:47 AM
    I've tried BlackBerry Link and it says that I have the latest software.

Then they are probably just rolling it out progressively. That's what my carrier does.

It took over a week, and maybe 10 days, since the first people on Verizon were notified of the update, before my devices got a notification of the update.
    02-02-14 08:30 PM
    There may be another alternative. If I read the following article correctly, you may be able to upgrade by removing the sim card and then trying through Link. The article can be found at Dear Berry: How do I update my OS when OTA and BlackBerry Link fail? | CrackBerry.com
    02-02-14 08:59 PM
    I've tried OTA, on the Web and through link and tried with the sim removed. Oh and I've tried my wife's sim too. Looks like I need to wait a little longer. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:25 PM
    I've tried OTA, on the Web and through link and tried with the sim removed. Oh and I've tried my wife's sim too. Looks like I need to wait a little longer. Thanks for all your suggestions.

In the meantime, while you're running Link, how about doing a full backup if you don't already have one, in case the update when you do get it causes an issue in some way.

There are ways of doing the update "manually", but they are riskier. I can provide info to you on that if you wish.
    02-03-14 07:57 PM
    Why the hell this blackberry update is alwayz complicated pls help me no android app is working in my z10 since I have done a new update

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:03 PM
    Why the hell this blackberry update is alwayz complicated pls help me no android app is working in my z10 since I have done a new update

When that happened to me a hard reset (hold both volume buttons down until you get black screen and device restarting) solved it.
    02-03-14 08:18 PM
    I also have a Z10 and my wife a Q10. We're with Digicel and she has gotten the update and I haven't. Neither OTA or Link works.
    02-03-14 10:08 PM