After the update I installed the amazon app store. I also side loaded Snap. Using snap I installed Google maps and the Chive.

I installed Task manager from bbw and it shows Appstore, Maps, and Pico TTS (snap) running while I haven't opened them.

Is this normal behavior?

Also, if I use task manager to kill all, they show up as running in task manager later on even though I haven't opened them.

Android apps open on their own?-img_20140202_023945.png

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:44 AM
    Yup, pretty normal considering the apps that they are.
    • Pico runs as a service on Android. (It's a text-to-speech service)
    • Maps runs as a service in the BG to help pull in geodata as such likely also triggered your GPS.
    • Not sure about Amazon but it likely triggered GPS (location data) as well.

Eventually they'll kill themselves off if left running. I'm gonna assume you never had an Android device and as such have never seen what apps start up and shut down on their own when installed on Android. It's pretty normal.
    02-02-14 01:47 AM
    One or more those are calling the others. I have Google Maps through Snap as well, it stays closed. I don't use Amazon app store not do I have whatever that Pico app is. If it's Snap, it's not acting the same on my Z10 because it doesn't show in Taskmanager.

Edit: what Bla1ze said.
    02-02-14 01:52 AM
    That's right. Never had an android, BlackBerry only

Thanks guys. Bla1ze, informative post as always.

I don't have much experience with side loading, the only other one was whatsapp.

Another question, sort of related to android app behavior, the Chive caches a copy of every picture in a post that has been opened. I now have a folder with 278 pics, (10mb) that I didn't intend to be saved. Does the cache get cleared with any frequency?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:12 AM
    That's right. Never had an android, BlackBerry only

Thanks guys. Bla1ze, informative post as always.

I don't have much experience with side loading, the only other one was whatsapp.

Another question, sort of related to android app behavior, the Chive caches a copy of every picture in a post that has been opened. I now have a folder with 278 pics, (10mb) that I didn't intend to be saved. Does the cache get cleared with any frequency?

Posted via CB10
    That's a bad thing about some side loaded Android apps, they?ll cache images. They save to the Android folder and end up showing in your Pictures app. Some will clean themselves out but others won't. You'll have to manually delete them. You should try the native Chive On app. It's free and only costs $1 to remove ads.. it's posted on the blogs right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:28 AM
    That's a bad thing about some side loaded Android apps, they?ll cache images. They save to the Android folder and end up showing in your Pictures app. Some will clean themselves out but others won't. You'll have to manually delete them. You should try the native Chive On app. It's free and only costs $1 to remove ads.. it's posted on the blogs right now.

Posted via CB10
    You can use an android junk file cleaner to sort out the extra cache automatically one click. I use clean master at least once after every app install just to make sure my android apps don't litter everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    02-02-14 02:32 AM