For the life of me, I cannot sideload snap (this will be my first sideload). I follow all the steps in tge "how to install Clash of Clans" guide. But I can't move past step 7. I keep getting the "The webpage is not available" screen.

I tried all of the USB ports, but no luck.

I amusing my brother's laptop so might be it.

Must tge computer have BBLink installed? And if not, is there another way to get that phone webpage working?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:49 AM
    What page can you not find... if your PC cannot recognize BlackBerry then download BlackBerry Link...
    http://ca.blackberry.com/software/de...erry-link.html

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:58 AM
    Found something new. At the top right of the screen (just below the cross to exit) there is a blackberry button. O click it and wind up in the PlayBook App Manager Options. I enter my development mode ip address. Click "save" and it turns to "saved" for a few seconds. At the bottom I click the link under Manage Your Device. It loads a while, but I get the same error. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:59 AM
    A sideloading guide is in my signature.
    You need the apk for SNAP. DO you have it?
    Download vnBB10 and just plug in. Follow the steps in my signature
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
    02-01-14 08:59 AM
    That ip address page as they show. https://169.254.0.1

It won't load up further. I get the error page

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:02 AM
    Your phone doesn't seem to be connected.. Do you have Link downloaded yet?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:06 AM
    No, as it is my brother's laptop. So I do need Link, even if temporarily, to install Snap via Chrome?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:07 AM
    Yes.. that has drivers that you need to have your phone recognized by the computer.. you can unistall it later..

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:10 AM
    If I'm understanding correctly, you're at the point where you're actually trying to log in to the app manager. I remember having some trouble logging in and it was because I was entering the ip address wrong.
    Type your ip address in the text box, then click enter. Your ip address should appear as a link towards the bottom of your screen. Click on the link and you should go right through to the app manager.
    I say double check that you are in development mode, then check the ip address on your phone, in the "about" section, in case your ip address happens to be different.

*edit: I do have bblink installed. Not sure if that makes a difference, but it offered to install itself whenever I connect to my computer, so I installed it.
    Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:14 AM
    I'll install Link and see how it goes. That seems to be my problem...thanks for the tips

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:31 AM
    Ok, Hope to help everyone has problem with sideload's snap.

There is a little mistake in Crackberry userguide about :"how to sideload snap".

Crackberry says to insert the IP adress, this is not the phone adress but the wifi modem adress...

The phone adress is the IPv4, which you find over SETTING--->ABOUT--->NETWORK.

Insert this adress, don't care about the slash (/) and the numbers following it and everything will run perfectly.

Helpfull?

I went Berry once and i'll go Berry for ever!
    02-16-14 11:14 AM
    Just use this:

How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9967976
    02-16-14 11:19 AM
    1.have snap file on you're PC
    2.download DDPB on you're PC (I know it says is for installing Bar files onto the PlayBook but works the same for BB10)
    3.open DDPB and click add files ( button on the top above the big window of the app where the bar files will be placed for installation.
    4.browse for the SNAP bar and double click on it and you will have the SNAP in the DDPB window. (check it to be ready to install)
    5.on you're phone slide down from the top, tap settings, scroll to security, tap there scroll to development mode, tap and turn it on. You're phone will show a IP address.
    6. Connect you're phone to the PC and on DDPB on the left side tap search for IP address and a little window with probably 2 IP addresses will open. Tap on the shorter one which is the same one like on you're phone.
    7. Below you will have to enter the phone password if you have one and then below click connect. Below you will see after you're connected the phone OS details.
    8. Now below the big window on the DDPB you will see a button "Install". Click on that and SNAP will install in 30 seconds. You will see a window saying "done"
    ENJOY!!!

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    02-16-14 11:21 AM