Hi all,

This is my first post here. I really like the new 10.2.1 it is great! And of course, now we have headless apps.
    I downloaded one app:
    "Fire Chest Usage"

When I open the app it just opens like any other app. Then I swipe up and it becomes an active frame. Than I close the app by pressing the 'x'

Is the app still running headless now? Or is it always running even without opening/closing the app?
    Or should I do something to make it run in the background?

In short: How do I know what headless apps are running in the background and how can I switch headless apps on and off?
    cuek80 likes this.
    02-01-14 07:33 AM
    Headless apps means it is still running in the background even though you close the app with an X.
    CB front page had a listing of these headless apps. Did not see FireChest on that list.
    02-01-14 07:36 AM
    So does that mean that every app that has the possibility to run headless is constantly running on the background?
    02-01-14 08:03 AM
    Go to Device Monitor ( settings >app manager>device monitor) click on memory and you will see the apps that are running right now!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:05 AM
    Firechest as I recall from the other thread is NOT headless yet. Will be with the update and will be paid for app.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    02-01-14 08:14 AM
    Thanks! I also found how to close the apps running in the background.
    Great!

Thanks for the fast responses! I like the forum

Do you guys think there should be an on/off switch in the settings of a headless app?
    02-01-14 08:17 AM
    Some do gave the ability to toggle background processing. It depends on the app as to whether they should have the option or not. An app like Blaq someone might want to shut off ; but for apps like Hub++ or ColorID they just don't make sense to shut off.

Posted via Crack-a-lackin' 10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 08:23 AM
    Go to Device Monitor ( settings >app manager>device monitor) click on memory and you will see the apps that are running right now!

I was about to ask the question, "How do I check to see if a Headless App is Running",...until I came across your post via a search! Thank you. JMD

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:22 AM
    Thanks! I also found how to close the apps running in the background.
    Great!

Thanks for the fast responses! I like the forum

Do you guys think there should be an on/off switch in the settings of a headless app?
    I think you can set a permission per app whether you want to allow it to run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:49 AM
    Fire usage is not headless yet. Just confirming what the above contributor mentioned.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    FireChestApps likes this.
    02-08-14 08:50 AM
    New version 1.0.0.82 available in about 24 hours. Still not headless.

Have applied to BlackBerry for permission to go headless but still waiting. Could everyone who gives feedback in BlackBerry World request "headless" as it is one of BlackBerry's criteria (a large number of users requesting headless function). Add a sentence to your feedback like: "Please make the app headless" or "Headless please" etc. BlackBerry is watching the app feedback.
    02-14-14 07:51 AM
    It seems to me that, now we have headless apps, we need a quick way to keep an eye on which apps are running, including headless ones, that doesn't involve digging through the settings menu.

I'm sure 3rd party developers could plug this gap, but ideally BlackBerry should include it themselves in their next OS update.
    02-24-14 06:43 AM
    Thanks for the info.

As usual CrackBerry is a better source of help than BBHelp (I asked BBHelp a week ago how to show which headless are running and haven't heard back from them).

As others have mentioned, it would be nice if BB offered a simple app to show this info rather than going through settings.
    04-03-16 09:25 AM