Need help once again from the CB nation...

Yesterday my Playbook was having issues connecting to the Wifi, where it was constantly dropping the connection. So I did a reset by pressing the battery icon and selecting the reset option. However, the Playbook failed to move past the 'loading screen' - the screen says BlackBerry PlayBook with the colourful bubbles moving around. I read on the forums that I need to do a forced OS update, which I was able to get going. However during the downloading software screen, the progress bar moves for a few seconds and then an error occurs. This has been happening for the last 3 hours, where the update fails to load.

My question is: can I download the leaked OS update with the autoloader from the links provided in the forum and run that in the same way as I would of done the forced OS update (i.e. switch off Playbook, connect the PB via USB to the PC and run the autoloader)?

I have backed up my Playbook (last week) so not worried about losing the data and just need the PB to boot up so I can security wipe and go through the normal process. Have tried 2 different Wifi's around my house, so don't know if its an error on my side but can go to my University and try it on theirs.

Any suggestions or advice which be great.

Thanks
    02-01-14 03:49 AM
    The autoloader method should work. If not, you could try using cfp to wipe the PlayBook, then run the autoloader again.
    jason_sa likes this.
    02-02-14 11:21 AM
    I encountered the same error once when I tried to wipe my pb at a place where the WiFi was problematic. I suggest you try it at your place with an open WiFi and see if you get past the bubble screens.
    Otherwise try to switch off all the WiFi devices at home and restart.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    jason_sa likes this.
    02-04-14 03:05 AM
    Thanks thurask and akavbb for the above suggestions and help. I tried changing my WIFI and restarted all the devices but nothing happened. Even went through BlackBerry Desktop Manager numerous times but the download kept failing so I tried the autoloader method (with the leaked OS - 2.1.0.1735) and it worked perfectly. Installed and now back up and running. So thanks again.
    02-04-14 05:05 AM
    It would have been better if we had helped. But since you found the solution all is good!

:-)

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-04-14 04:22 PM
    I've seen this problem before. The solution was to take the PlayBook away from the offending wi-fi site.

When I was traveling, I would log onto wi-fi sites that would require accepting terms of use. I would turn off the PlayBook overnight and the next morning, it would hang during boot with the colored circles. When I went to my next location, the PlayBook would boot fine. I finally figured out what was going on after taking the PlayBook to a restaurant and powering it up there. It booted completely fine.
    02-10-14 02:42 PM