After I installed the latest leaked OS 10.2.1 (two days ago) my dev alpha worked for a day flawlessly, I found it dead this morning. The battery was depleted 0% (I checked it and charged it in another device). I cannot turn it on. If I plug it in a computer nothing happens at all (no lights, no reaction from the PC or the DevAlpha B device). I tried the official autoloader, BB Link - the device appears to be completely dead.

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life or that was it?

If at least there is a way to wipe the flash memory, that would be good.
    01-31-14 09:39 AM
    I've been in the same position you are in for a few weeks. Also happened to me a few days after loading the 1925 leak.
    I haven't been able to revive my device and I've tried pretty much everything. Tweeting BlackBerryHelp didn't really go anywhere, I ended up getting the recommendation to contact BB directly at 1-877-255-2377

Since I'm not in the US I didn't bother to make the long distance call, but if you do I'm interested in hearing the results. Good luck!
    01-31-14 09:48 AM
    I've been in the same position you are in for a few weeks. Also happened to me a few days after loading the 1925 leak.
    I haven't been able to revive my device and I've tried pretty much everything. Tweeting BlackBerryHelp didn't really go anywhere, I ended up getting the recommendation to contact BB directly at 1-877-255-2377

Since I'm not in the US I didn't bother to make the long distance call, but if you do I'm interested in hearing the results. Good luck!
    Hi venice welcome back

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    01-31-14 09:50 AM

Sorry to hear that! I am also in Europe. Well, in the worst case I'll have spare some parts for my other device.

Did your device die immediately after installing the leak or it happened later?

So I guess the device was fried. Is there any chance that the official autoloader will fry any Dev Alpha B device?
    VeniceBB likes this.
    01-31-14 02:59 PM
    Sorry to hear that! I am also in Europe. Well, in the worst case I'll have spare some parts for my other device.

Did your device die immediately after installing the leak or it happened later?

So I guess the device was fried. Is there any chance that the official autoloader will fry any Dev Alpha B device?
    For me it happened a couple of days later. My battery still had some charge on it, but as I tried to go into the calendar it suddenly flashed the 'low energy, shutting down' warning and from there on I've not been able to get it to turn back on. It's been on separate chargers for days but nothing. No led, no amount of trying to get it to turn on works. No option to reload OS because the pc doesn't recognize there is a device on the usb.

I don't really see how it could be caused by the leak (or any OS) though... Not without user-interference and I didn't mess with it. Sounds like you didn't either. But then again, what do I know?

Usman, thanks!
    01-31-14 04:43 PM
    As for me I am using a Dev Alpha B device running on the official 10.2.1 OS,the only problem I had with this is sometimes when I restart it it goes so very hot and it depletes my battery like,2 percent per minute,and the boot time is reset to Dec. 20,2013 so what I do is I remove the battery and wait for 10 mins before I plug it back again.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:50 AM
    My phone suddenly dead too.. Dev Alpha C device.

No red light what so ever. Doesn't boot. I have been running on 10.2.1 leak for a while.
    02-24-14 04:15 PM
    I had the same problem with a Z10 LE (the red one)

Listen all blackberries will sometimes do this (even the old 9900 will)

Plug them into a computer. NO NOT the outlet. not a very good one you trust.

A COMPUTER!

I noticed my Z10 LE with 10.2.1.3xx wasn't booting up. It wouldn't charge. it wouldn't do anything.
    I was going to try to to the autoboot (erase it and try again) but my internet connection was very slow and I forgot about the download.

Probably half and hour, maybe an hour it just woke up. (I was working on an app where I didn't need the device right now)

It just booted up and explained that it was upgrading to a newer version 10.2.1.19xxx I think) then after leaving it for a couple of hours (to fully charge it it was perfect and worked perfect ever since and now upgraded again to 10.2.1.2102

So Don't give up on ANY blackberry.

Plug them into your computer and forget about them. Step outside. get a coffee, take a shower. You'll soon see it will boot up.

This happened to me with a:

Blackberry 8530
    Blackberry 9900
    Blackberry Z10 LE (Red)

So it's all of them.

P.S. NOW they all charge from the regular outlets just fine (and without having any problems.)

Also you can try the old battery pull trick (Unplug them. remove the battery. count to 10...really count...then put the battery back in and plug them INTO A COMPUTER)

That's it.

Enjoy!
    03-10-14 01:06 AM
    Damian, that certainly is good advice and true in most cases. Sadly I had already tried that multiple times over the course of a number of days. Didn't work. My Dev is still dead
    03-19-14 05:07 PM
    Probably I should state my case in here too, cause I came across exactly the same situation. Dev Alpha B just dropped dead and died. Charging thru outlet charger tends to heat up battery, charging thru USB does nothing noticeable. Sad.
    08-12-14 03:03 AM
    For both you VeniceBB and andrewzhilin I suggest a variation of what I suggested.

1) get the latest autoloader (say 10.3.0.700 from the "Dev Alpha Download link" http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...10.3.0.700.exe)

2) Run it. and when it says "waiting for device"....

3) pull the battery from the dev alpha.

4) Plug in your dev alpha to the USB of a computer you know you've used before and works.

5) Put in the battery.

6) Wait....

I've seen the autoloader load EVEN though the Dev ALpha device I had DIDN'T seem to load.

You'll loose everything on the device ,but at least the device will be back.

Remember the trick is to make sure the device is off (hence the battery pull) and that it turns on just as the autoloader is looking for it.

Tell us if that helped!
    09-03-14 03:48 PM