Hello,

About a month ago I decided to switch from my Z10 to iPhone5 as my Z10 was having numerous software problems, poor battery life and a still-ongoing lack of apps. When I brought my Z10 and iPhone to the Verizon store, they switched sims and off I went with the iPhone. For some reason, after my sim was deactived/removed, my Z10 will no longer connect to wifi as it did before. I have tried connecting several times but with no success.

I ultimately gave up on the phone and threw it in my dresser. Now that 10.2.1 is out, I tried to update the phone to the latest OS and it would not work, so I decided to restore it to factory settings. This was around 10 a.m. this morning, via BB Link, and ever since, the phone has been on a black screen with what looks like a document shredding icon. Is this process supposed to take 6+ hours?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
    01-30-14 03:01 PM
    The shredding motion is a security wipe. I have never heard of one lasting that long. Mine usually is done in about 35 minutes. Take the battery out and put it in again.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-30-14 03:07 PM
    The shredding motion is a security wipe. I have never heard of one lasting that long. Mine usually is done in about 35 minutes. Take the battery out and put it in again.
    I have to agree with Jaydee generally about 29 to 25 minutes but nothing longer than 35 minutes to wipe the phone. T malt hough battery pulls are really not necessary with BB10 I think it is in this case.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    01-30-14 03:24 PM
    I have tried a battery pull twice, and each time that I put it back in, the phone reloads to the security wipe screen. Any other thoughts?
    01-30-14 03:36 PM
    There was just a thread on here wherein the wipe took 6 hours and was successful. Hopefully you haven't pooched your phone by pulling the battery during the wipe. If the shredder is still active, go play around with your iPhone for a bit and let it continue.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-14 04:43 PM
    At that point I would do a battery pull and see if you can use Link or an auto loader to just reload the OS from scratch. It will replace everything on the phone for the equivalent of a security wipe but it will also fix any OS issues that may be there.
    Might take a bit to download an autoloader or the OS from BB Link but worth it in the end I think.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-30-14 05:12 PM