I just updated my Q10 to 10.2.1 but now all vibration functions does not work (receiving calls or text) !! I have vibrations enabled in the general notification settings and inside the phone, messages settings too.

The only extra thing I did was download instagram through 1market. I deleted it but its still the same problem.

Any ideas or solutions ?
    01-30-14 08:15 AM
    Have you tried restarting the device. If that does not work, you might try reloading the OS. But FIRST, download Blackberry Virtual Expert, free from BB World. It has a comprehensive series of tests including Vibrate, headphones, touchscreen.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    01-30-14 08:26 AM
    Have you tried restarting the device. If that does not work, you might try reloading the OS. But FIRST, download Blackberry Virtual Expert, free from BB World. It has a comprehensive series of tests including Vibrate, headphones, touchscreen.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the app and tried the test but still no vibration. I restarted the phone through the power button and again through the volume buttons method but still no luck. Is it a problem with the vibration motor or the software ?

My Q10 is SQN100-3 and my OS software is 10.2.1.537
    01-30-14 08:52 AM
    Hi Schneider,
    My guess is that BVE uses ver low level instructions to test the device; sounds like a physical problem here, IMHO
    01-31-14 10:51 AM
    Vibration uses battery to vibrate right?

Have you tried reseating the battery?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:01 AM