So yea.... Called 9 stores on Eastern Long Island. Either they didnt have them in OR there's a 2 week waiting list.

I said Screw it and ordered it online. Hopefully I'll get it by Friday or Monday.

I feel cheated! LOL
    11-04-08 10:29 AM
    The stores here are first come first serve and I'm only one in line so far just fly here XD

So many cars passing by staring at me like wtf...but when I buy all the bolds they really will be like WTF LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 10:31 AM
    I didn't get it because I don't care for it.

11-04-08 10:36 AM
    The stores here are first come first serve and I'm only one in line so far just fly here XD

So many cars passing by staring at me like wtf...but when I buy all the bolds they really will be like WTF LOL

hahahaha, you do that
    11-04-08 10:39 AM
    hahahaha, you do that
    Well I picking up 3 so if this is a store with low amounts maybe I will XD

11-04-08 10:42 AM
    Hahaha, just the tittle of this thread eats me up with laughter. Especially after "the offiacial I got my bold thread" what all upgrades really stand out and "WOW" you over the 8330?

11-04-08 10:51 AM
    i didn't get mine today either, but b/c my upgrade isn't until the 10th. the store across the street from me has "many" in stock right now...such a tease
    11-04-08 11:07 AM
    ebay activity seems to be down today - just couldnt' see spending $550 when I got out of the store today for low $400's - after the rebate even cheaper.
    11-04-08 11:18 AM
    i didn't get mine today either, but b/c my upgrade isn't until the 10th. the store across the street from me has "many" in stock right now...such a tease
    AT&T will usually let you upgrade if you are within a few weeks of your upgrade. I would go to the store and ask.
    11-04-08 12:00 PM
    for me, the BOLD was always a priority (i just wish it was coming to verizon)....it's just i got my iPhone first (which i will still keep with my BB) ....and was really trying to figure out a few key questions:

1). is verizon gonna get the BOLD?? yeah in like 297974738478392 years
    2). since i already have an AT&T account, would my bill be cheaper?actually it would since my partner has a bb and we can get a better plan and i work for the government 3). do i really like AT&T enough to transfer from VZW?actually i do....since i live in a major city, i NEVER have any issues with reception or anything....
    4). do i wanna get it launch date? naw imma wait the kinks out....maybe sometime in december....

since my VZW is under moms, mom dukes is gonna pay the fee to let me opt out so i can port my # and add an extra line to my AT&T account...so yeah, i will be a FUTURE BOLD owner within the next few weeks ....
    11-04-08 12:02 PM
    AT&T will usually let you upgrade if you are within a few weeks of your upgrade. I would go to the store and ask.
    well i did call small business support and ask them that question. she said she could not override the $75 early upgrade fee, so she called my local stores to ask them. they all came back saying they couldn't override the fee either, "especially considering the current market condition."

i'm going tonight after work and i'll check anyway. but i can wait a few more days i guess.
    11-04-08 01:29 PM
    I bought it for $550 from ATT and they gave me a free bluetooth headset, car charger, 4gb memory card and a case. I'm really happy right now.

11-04-08 01:40 PM
    I'm not getting one because I can't afford it. Boo!

11-04-08 02:45 PM
    Yeah today I was going to get it, but I have to do something thats absolutely insane instead...pay my bills.

Between my car note, insurance for 3 cars, Mortgage, Maintenance, cable, and phone bill, the BOLD is still standing in the on deck circle.

The crazy thing is I have a Credit Card with a couple thousand dollars on it that I recently paid off just waiting to be used, but, I can't believe I'm actually growing up, because I refuse to get back in the credit card black hole.

Soooooo, maybe by Friday (pay day) or next week at the latest I'll get the BOLD...until then, I'm going to live vicariously through every other happy BOLD owner...lol
    11-04-08 02:52 PM
    Yeah today I was going to get it, but I have to do something thats absolutely insane instead...pay my bills.

Between my car note, insurance for 3 cars, Mortgage, Maintenance, cable, and phone bill, the BOLD is still standing in the on deck circle.

The crazy thing is I have a Credit Card with a couple thousand dollars on it that I recently paid off just waiting to be used, but, I can't believe I'm actually growing up, because I refuse to get back in the credit card black hole.

Soooooo, maybe by Friday (pay day) or next week at the latest I'll get the BOLD...until then, I'm going to live vicariously through every other happy BOLD owner...lol
    As long as your bills are paid that's all that honestly matters. I'm in the process of paying off my CCs as well and once I'm done, I'm done with CCs.
    11-04-08 03:58 PM
    didnt get the bold on launch date, got it on 10/30 ;]
    11-04-08 04:40 PM

Kudos to you for being smart!!!! While I did use a credit card to purchase my Bold it was only because I wanted the rewards points. I will be paying it off as soon as it posts on my account
    11-04-08 04:40 PM
    is it safe to assume that if i walk into a ATT store mid december or such that I should be able to pick up a Bold?
    Yes

My store must have gotten a ton of them because when I got there at 10:05 there were at least 10 people in front of me and all except for one were getting a bold. There were people behind me too all with BBs so I'm assuming they were looking to get Bolds also.
    11-04-08 05:11 PM
    Unfortunately i'm on contract with Verizon until 11/14 and dont want to pay the ETF or lose my Ph#, so i'll have to wait until the 15th
    11-04-08 05:29 PM
    I chose not to buy the Bold until the Storm comes out and I play with both. Then I'll decide which is best for me. Besides, my wife told me no. lol
    11-04-08 05:52 PM
    My WIfe always says no as well.
    11-04-08 07:53 PM
    lol... I was expecting the misses to say no to me as well, but she actually told me I could get it...still, I'll wait until I can actually afford it without eating oodles & Noodles for a week....lol
    11-04-08 08:50 PM
    Kudos to you for being smart!!!! While I did use a credit card to purchase my Bold it was only because I wanted the rewards points. I will be paying it off as soon as it posts on my account
    yeah, I still have my travelocity card for that reason... Right now I have a free $700 trip with no restrictions and its climbing!

When I actually buy the bold, it'll be on that card, but I'll pay it off in full the next day. I don't even count using it like this as using a "credit card" because its not gonna collect a penny of interest.
    11-04-08 08:55 PM
    Damn, I could easily get you one down here.
    11-04-08 08:57 PM
    I just ordered one from Wirefly.com. Does this count?
    11-04-08 09:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD