Hi, there!

I am a bulgarian and since the BB languages still don't include mine also, now that I can download android apps, I tried to do so with a Bulgarian keyboard (there is no such thing in the BB world so I have to outsource it). So I downloaded an app for this need of mine, but in order to install it property, I need to abilitate it from the language settings in the BB settled menu. Of course there is no such option because the third party app is not recognized at all! Is there any way in which I could use a Bulgarian keyboard on my z10, or I have to wait that BB includes such feature in one of the next releases? The problem is that BB will never do it because it penetration on the Bulgarian market tends to zero and they would ne never interested in such feature. Please, if someone knows a way to help me out with this issue- I would be very grateful! Thanks for the attention in advance!

My awesome Blackberry Z10
    01-29-14 09:42 AM
    Android keyboards, widgets, and launchers will not work on Blackberry.
    01-29-14 01:23 PM
    Android keyboards, widgets, and launchers will not work on Blackberry.
    What? All of those work!

Keyboard for android apps only, and widgets within a launcher.
    k8bushlover likes this.
    01-29-14 01:23 PM
    Hi, FrankIAm!

Could you please tell me how exactly to makebit work? I downloaded a "Bulgarian keyboard 2" from 1mobile market and it is asking me to permissions, which I'm supposed to give it from the language menu. Though, in the language tab there is no option that shows me the app so that I can activate it. Thanks you in addition for your help!!!!

01-29-14 03:16 PM
    Hi, FrankIAm!

Could you please tell me how exactly to makebit work? I downloaded a "Bulgarian keyboard 2" from 1mobile market and it is asking me to permissions, which I'm supposed to give it from the language menu. Though, in the language tab there is no option that shows me the app so that I can activate it. Thanks you in addition for your help!!!!

You'll have to install either a launcher or the Ghost Commander app from BlackBerry World. I recommend trying the Apex launcher or the Next Launcher as I find those methods the easiest and I know both of them really work.

Install an Android launcher
    Once installed, open up the launcher and access the Google Settings.
    Go to the language and input options and disable the BlackBerry keyboard.
    Once the BlackBerry keyboard has been disabled, enable the alternate keyboard and set preferences.
    Exit out of all the apps and open an Android app, you should now find it's using the alternate keyboard and typing will work normally

Remember this only applies to Android apps for the moment

Posted via CB10
    Irina Ghiurova likes this.
    01-29-14 03:23 PM
    Hi, FrankIAm!

Not sure about makebit -- can you download an Android 'Settings' app and access the Language settings from there? As FrankIAm noted above, the 3rd party keyboards will only work within Android apps (and 'widgets within a launcher' although I'm not sure what those are.) So it would only be android settings that control that.

MessagEase works great within Amazon
    01-29-14 03:34 PM
    What? All of those work!

Keyboard for android apps only, and widgets within a launcher.
    Huh. Well I was referring to those addons working with the native blackberry system.
    01-29-14 04:29 PM
    Huh. Well I was referring to those addons working with the native blackberry system.
    Bc we have active frames and the best damn keyboard on the market.
    01-29-14 04:31 PM
    Thank you very much for the help!

01-29-14 07:09 PM
    Well, I apologize as I replied on my break, went back to work and completely forgot about the thread. Sorry. Glad somebody else answered.

If you ever need anything, C0001BBF0 is always available.

(I do agree the stock keyboard is better)

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the support! i don't think that at this point i will use the fix, because i hardly plan to use android apps in which to text. I really don't like them and will very much prefer not using them. At the end our blackberry store is full of great apps

I asked for the keyboard in order to use it in the native BlackBerry apps, but if this feature is not supported so far... i have to be patient and try to use as a work around the Russian keyboard. Do you have any idea of whether this option is gonna be unlocked in the near future? Thank again for the help!

01-29-14 09:09 PM
    Irina, you could try the native "KeyboMagic" from the AppWorld. Hopefully it will be helpful.
    06-27-14 09:25 PM