So a few days ago, I wake up a friend on WhatsApp I used to chat with suddenly showed up as a phone number. I noticed it was for a few other numbers as well. I looked in my main Google Apps account to see if all is well, and it is - the contact is there in all its glory.

But not on my phone. All other contacts are there from the same Google Apps account.
    I figured I'll wait for the official OS and it shall fix itself. I upgraded to the 10.2.1 and once again, nothing. I removed the account and added it back again - and yet again it synced other contacts but not this and a few others.

Anyone got a clue why this is happening?
    Thanks!
    01-28-14 04:38 PM
    Nobody got any solutions? :/

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:06 AM
    Manually add the particular contacts to the local contacts in the phone and see if that solves the issue or you can try reinstalling Whatsapp
    01-29-14 09:14 AM
    Manually add the particular contacts to the local contacts in the phone and see if that solves the issue or you can try reinstalling Whatsapp

Yeah, but the contact isn't on the phone either. But still, re-installed whatsapp and still nothing. :/
    01-29-14 12:04 PM
    Check your sort sequence, it will only sort by first, last, or company names.

If you have a contact without first or last names but company name only and you are sorting by first or last names, then they will sort in your phone by phn # in sequential order.

For businesses without a name contact I ended up filling the business name in the first & last name fields.

Try it.

Posted via ZB10
    01-29-14 12:31 PM
    Using the search function, search the name or number. It's probably in your phone but it's linked or merged with another contact.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:16 PM
    Are you sure it's definitely set to "On" in the contact settings?
    01-29-14 02:49 PM
    Using the search function, search the name or number. It's probably in your phone but it's linked or merged with another contact.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, did that. And nothing. If it was linked elsewhere, his text messages would show that name. I see just a number in text and whatsapp as well.

Are you sure it's definitely set to "On" in the contact settings?
    Yup, everything is set to on.
    01-30-14 10:50 AM
    Somehow fixed this dread.
    Had an old "export" on the device using that ContactX app. Imported it from there and they're all back and dandy.

So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:40 AM
    Oh ended up seeing duplicates in the Gmails and Google Apps, luckily we can "Find and merge duplicates" right on the Google web.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:41 AM