My Z30 was bad luck for me... hoping this new Q10 changes that luck!-img_00000021.jpgMy Z30 was bad luck for me... hoping this new Q10 changes that luck!-img_00000022.jpg

OMG where do I even start... I had a lovely 9900 (white) and it worked awesomely for everything, but being the tech-hungry gal I am I HAD to have the Z30, so went and got one WITHOUT insurance, at a premium cuz the 9900 was pretty new. No insurance: Dumb move number 1.

Paid cash, Dumb move number 2.

Then, dropped the thing off my table and seriously crushed the screen, so forked out the $230 to get that fixed. *sigh* Dumb move number 3

I had a lot of trouble holding on to the thing and so got a case for it. Yup, that was a good move. But I couldn't seem to get the unit into my satchel... I dropped it by missing 50% of the time... holy crap... that proved a big problem when I dropped it in a cab and when next I heard anything about my phone, it was someone attempting to access my gmail from TURKEY. So, Dumb move number 4, I didn't lock the screen.

I did have Blackberry Protect loaded, but that did not help me.

So today I picked up a new white Q10. Smart move number 1, paid for new phone on Mastercard. Smart move number 2, got insurance. Smart move number 3, locked this sucker up tight.

I'm short one smart move. But the case I was able to get is gorgeous, and kickass for protection.

Wish me luck
    Last edited by modine; 01-28-14 at 02:39 PM. Reason: fixed some paragraphs
    01-28-14 01:06 PM
    Love the story! Sorry about the Z30 though

The Q is fantastic!!
    modine likes this.
    01-28-14 01:09 PM
    Well, not to rain on your parade, but the white Q10 is pretty slippery compared to the black one...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    modine likes this.
    01-28-14 01:45 PM
    Whatever LOL
    and besides... I found this super OMG groovy case that makes that a non-issue...
    WHICH, that all said, if I could have found a similar case for the Z30 maybe my luck would have been mitigated... I don't know... what do I know.... my luck with that phone was historically the worst I've ever had for any phone... I didn't get insurance initially because I am statistically excellent with all my previous blackberrys... I'm such a loser.
    01-28-14 01:50 PM
    Whatever LOL
    Just get a cool case. You'll be set

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:53 PM
    I am trying to add photos of my case but the site appears to be cantankerous about adding photos right now ... at least for me.
    *operator error, as usual... uploaded case photos to original post *
    01-28-14 02:26 PM
    I am trying to add photos of my case but the site appears to be cantankerous about adding photos right now ... at least for me.
    *operator error, as usual... uploaded case photos to original post *
    Love that case!!!!

PS...so not a loser
    modine likes this.
    01-28-14 02:43 PM
    Whatever LOL
    and besides... I found this super OMG groovy case that makes that a non-issue...
    WHICH, that all said, if I could have found a similar case for the Z30 maybe my luck would have been mitigated... I don't know... what do I know.... my luck with that phone was historically the worst I've ever had for any phone... I didn't get insurance initially because I am statistically excellent with all my previous blackberrys... I'm such a loser.
    That case is cool, I got one for the phone I bought my mom, which was a Lumia 520 (never buy one, no matter how cheap, it's not worth it) and now I feel bad after setting that phone up and realizing how terrible that OS is compared to everyone else, I want to get her a Z10 one day or an Android, whichever is easier for her to use... Do they have a case like that for the Z10? Most likely right?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-28-14 03:23 PM
    The ghost of your 9900 wanted you back in a keyboard phone.
    modine likes this.
    01-28-14 04:25 PM
    Love that case especially the color do you mind telling where you got it from please and ty

sent from my Q10
    01-28-14 08:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000021.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	242807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000022.jpg 
Views:	814 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	242810

OMG where do I even start... I had a lovely 9900 (white) and it worked awesomely for everything, but being the tech-hungry gal I am I HAD to have the Z30, so went and got one WITHOUT insurance, at a premium cuz the 9900 was pretty new. No insurance: Dumb move number 1.

Paid cash, Dumb move number 2.

Then, dropped the thing off my table and seriously crushed the screen, so forked out the $230 to get that fixed. *sigh* Dumb move number 3

I had a lot of trouble holding on to the thing and so got a case for it. Yup, that was a good move. But I couldn't seem to get the unit into my satchel... I dropped it by missing 50% of the time... holy crap... that proved a big problem when I dropped it in a cab and when next I heard anything about my phone, it was someone attempting to access my gmail from TURKEY. So, Dumb move number 4, I didn't lock the screen.

I did have Blackberry Protect loaded, but that did not help me.

So today I picked up a new white Q10. Smart move number 1, paid for new phone on Mastercard. Smart move number 2, got insurance. Smart move number 3, locked this sucker up tight.

I'm short one smart move. But the case I was able to get is gorgeous, and kickass for protection.

Wish me luck
    Case name?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:30 PM
    Love that case especially the color do you mind telling where you got it from please and ty

sent from my Q10

The case is by "Mercury" and I got it at a kiosk in the mall in Calgary. The kiosk was called "Mobile Snap". The case was $30.
    They had the largest assortment of cases I've seen.
    01-29-14 10:44 AM
    nice story...proves that life experience is the best teacher...it is at least in my opinion

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.0.429
    modine likes this.
    01-29-14 10:48 AM
    Cheeky case, good luck from now on.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    01-29-14 10:53 AM
    Digging up an old thread, but I just got a Z10 for my mother, so remember someone posting a pic of a really cool case, finally found this thread. But I've looked everywhere online. Apparently this Mercury case is only for the Q10, no Z10 version... :-(

Anyway, how is the Q10 holding up for you?
    05-26-14 08:49 PM