So is stopped in the verizon store to play with a z30 since I am sure that is the phone i will be getting when i am up for renewal next month. The guy on the sales floor told me that they have not sold a single one and that BB is antiquated and will be going out of business in a couple months and that the phone will still work when the go out of business but he could not gaurantee that BES would still work..............wtf

My best guess is that this was an iphone groupie who just pushes people towards the iphone (he mentioned it a few times in conversation), however if something would happen with blackberry on a companywide level I want confidence that my phone will work for the next two years. Any thoughts?
    01-28-14 10:14 AM
    I'm not surprised.
    01-28-14 10:15 AM
    If it were me, I probably would have told him- for your own sake, I strongly feel you need to get your facts straight, and take 15min on the net to figure it out. Now may I speak to someone who isnt a completely misinformed?
    01-28-14 10:22 AM
    Yes, your phone would still work. Once you have the phone, you rely more on the carrier than the company who built the phone. The sales person you spoke with is sadly misinformed. BlackBerry has struggled recently, but they are far from going out of business. While Verizon does have demo models of the Z30 in stores, all sales are done online. You can feel comfortable buying a Z30. It's a great phone! I've had mine since mid-December and I just love it!
    01-28-14 11:20 AM
    Why blame an employee, he was just passing on information a common person may hear online or in paper. There is a large amount of negative sentiment around BlackBerry, which I do believe they are trying to improve. As the BlackBerry gets better media will change its perception about them which will pass down to a common person.

Posted via CB10
    Creaturefear likes this.
    01-28-14 11:34 AM
    Well, as an employee of verizon, they should know more than the average Joe on the street. Stupid sheep blindly follow.
    01-28-14 11:38 AM
    As an employee of any tech store, you should know the products you're selling no matter how you feel about it on a personal basis. The fact he mentioned BB is antiquated tells the story to me. Salesmen has never even attempted to learn the product he/she sells.
    TrueKulcha and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-28-14 11:42 AM
    The same thing happened when I bought my Z30. The sales person said "just to let you know blackberry is going out of business" but then I cut her off mid sentence and began to educate her on the status of blackberry and that it wasn't going anywhere. I've had my BlackBerry for a few months and couldn't be happier! Should have never left in the 1st place!

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and dougONCT like this.
    01-28-14 12:02 PM
    I stopped into the Verizon store here in Louisville to play with a Z30. I was considering switching my family plan of 3 phones from AT&T to Verizon just to get the Z30. Unfortunately the salesmen (2), said, "We don't have a Z30 on display. We have never sold one or had anyone ask about a Z30, until you came in." They never got up from their desk or from behind the counter or offered to try to help me in any way. I responded, "It is hard to sell what you don't display. I was going to switch carriers, but I guess you're not interested." Then I turned around and walked out.

I would love to play with the Z30 before I buy it. I love my Z10, so I want to see if the upgrade would be worth it. Hopefully AT&T or some other US Carrier will actually display and try to sell the device. It irks me that Verizon has an exclusive here in the US and they are exclusively not trying to sell it. Go figure?!
    cantina4me and dougONCT like this.
    01-28-14 12:33 PM
    Just recently my wife had to go to a Verizon store to have her Z10 activated. She told me that the individual who assisted her made several derogatory remarks about BlackBerry in an attempt to get her to buy a different phone. I don’t get it, do they have a special deal to make more money selling other devices? I would think they would be supportive of any device that they sell. Oh well, my wife is very happy with her Z10, especially with the OS 10.2.1 update today.
    cantina4me likes this.
    01-28-14 12:40 PM
    My experience when I ordered my Z30 was opposite when I visited the Verizon store. I was disappointed when I didn't see a Z30 on display. They had a Q10 and Z10, but no Z30. Once the rep finally got to me, I told him I was disappointed they didn't have a Z30 to play with and he pulled his own personal Z30 out of his pocket and let me check it out. I almost thought I heard angels singing and knew that was the phone for me. Kidding aside... I was amazed that a cell phone sales rep would have a BB as his own personal device. He told me that he thought the Z30 is one the best phones they have. He's obviously the exception and not the rule.
    01-28-14 12:46 PM
    I looked at a Verizon z30 on Sunday. The rep told me that the screen resolution was higher than the z10(not true), that he didn't like blackberries, but hadn't used a bb10 device.

They are really uninformed.
    dougONCT likes this.
    01-28-14 12:51 PM
    It’s one thing for them to not have a specific device on display, but to openly bad mouth a brand of devices is totally different. This begs the question, are these just rogue Verizon representatives, or is there a concerted effort from on high at Verizon to stifle BlackBerry?
    01-28-14 12:52 PM
    I doubt it is a concerted effort high up in Verizon. Most likely it is a bunch of young pimply faced iFreaks who are trying to sound informed about the whole market, but actually know pretty much nothing, except the phone they own and use....most likely an iPhone.
    01-28-14 03:55 PM
    Most store reps are clueless and will attempt to sell the devices that they themselves like and are most familiar with.

It's unfortunate that the easiest thing seems to be to pass on misinformation about BlackBerry and move on to their device of choice.

If you only knew, you'd be typing on a Z30 like me! - CB10 App
    John Pawling likes this.
    01-28-14 04:09 PM
    So is stopped in the verizon store to play with a z30 since I am sure that is the phone i will be getting when i am up for renewal next month. The guy on the sales floor told me that they have not sold a single one and that BB is antiquated and will be going out of business in a couple months and that the phone will still work when the go out of business but he could not gaurantee that BES would still work..............wtf

My best guess is that this was an iphone groupie who just pushes people towards the iphone (he mentioned it a few times in conversation), however if something would happen with blackberry on a companywide level I want confidence that my phone will work for the next two years. Any thoughts?
    When I bought my Q10 last Sept from Sprint, the guy helping me said the same thing, that Blackberry was going out of business and my phone might not work. Then he said let me show you some of the new Androids. I told him I wanted the Q10. What an irritating unprofessional approach

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 04:25 PM
    My initial encounter with a VZW rep at our local store was good. The day after release I went to check out the Z30 and upon arriving the display unit had a dead battery, so the rep brought out one from stock, booted it up and connected it to wifi for me to try out. He thought it was a great phone and was actually already versed in navigating on it and the basic functions. He had nothing but praise for the Z30.

One of my co-workers was not as fortunate. When she went down to purchase her Z30 she was aggressively encouraged to buy another phone until she put her foot down and requested the rep to zip it and go get her a Z30, she had things to do. The rep complied and my co-worker said the girl hardly opened her mouth after that, just processed the sale.
    01-28-14 05:33 PM
    Here in the UK u would be lucky to find any cell phone shops selling a BlackBerry 10 device and if they do its somewhere in the back gathering dust and probably not even working. Well that's been my experience so far but a few mths ago I did manage to get hold of a z10 for my missus and like most in here, I was told a lot of BS.
    So I turned round to the guy who was trying his best to talk me out of buying one, whether or not he was being paid more commission to sell me the Android or iPhone?? He couldn't or didn't want to answer so I got the manager who was pretty shocked when I told him what his staff were doing. Thankfully the manager shared my enthusiasm for BlackBerry, he actually was using a z30 himself. Suffice to say I didn't or haven't seen that sales guy working in that store.

You guys should make a complaint to the store managers of these stores and if they don't do anything about it. Take it higher up the chain if u can.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:50 PM
    My experience when I ordered my Z30 was opposite when I visited the Verizon store. I was disappointed when I didn't see a Z30 on display. They had a Q10 and Z10, but no Z30. Once the rep finally got to me, I told him I was disappointed they didn't have a Z30 to play with and he pulled his own personal Z30 out of his pocket and let me check it out. I almost thought I heard angels singing and knew that was the phone for me. Kidding aside... I was amazed that a cell phone sales rep would have a BB as his own personal device. He told me that he thought the Z30 is one the best phones they have. He's obviously the exception and not the rule.
    I had the same experience when I was buying my z10. I bought it on launch day and at the carrier store. The two reps who were working both had just activated a z10 for personal use and also bought cases. We were then interviewed by the local newspaper asking why we bought BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and jverdera like this.
    01-29-14 12:21 AM
    Why blame an employee, he was just passing on information a common person may hear online or in paper. There is a large amount of negative sentiment around BlackBerry, which I do believe they are trying to improve. As the BlackBerry gets better media will change its perception about them which will pass down to a common person.

Posted via CB10
    Someone in his line of work has an obligation to practice due diligence and not pass on incorrect information. I used to manage two retail stores and made sure my employees were knowledgeable with all of our products. That helps customers make informed purchasing decisions. In this day and age of the Internet, there really is no excuse. He should have asked why Verizon would place the BlackBerry devices on the valuable sales floor real estate if the company is rumored to be obsolete soon. I have no patience with ignorance
    01-29-14 08:51 AM
    HOLY CRAP BlackBerry is NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

Yeah, I'm yelling. That employee should be fired from that store. The people at the stores I go to, with my carrier would never say anything like that to me because they know I would school them, and they'd have to call 'mall security' out of fear.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and akdtor like this.
    01-29-14 11:12 AM
    I know this is a Verizon forum but I just wanted to add that as a AT&T customer it us no different they also bad mouth BlackBerry and many times don't even know what the equipment offers or how it works. AT&T has written of BlackBerry. So Verizon users just know that I share your pain.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by privateeyes; 02-03-14 at 09:05 AM.
    BerryRipe and kdklein like this.
    01-29-14 12:01 PM
    That has happen the last two time I upgraded my device, not so much when I got the Bold 9930 but it wasn't a pleasant experience. Now when I went to get a Q10 I felt very uncomfortable to the point that I should have asked for a manager but something told me that would not make a difference. I just did what I had to do to keep my cool so that I could walk out with a Q10 in my hand.

Carrier support: oxymoron to tenth power!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-29-14 12:39 PM
    This is such a touchy topic for me. Makes my skin very thin indeed. Up here in TO area all you have to do is take a stroll through a mall and visit a phone kiosk to raise the blood pressure. I think it comes down to lazy salespeople who just repeats what they heard the last uninformed person say. I remember one guy went into a Telus store to enquire about BlackBerry and he was approached by the "Apple" expert LOL. I wanted to intervene but I thought better of it. I said to myself that I I'm just a casual customer passing by and he's going to continue to do that when I'm gone. BUT, I'm NOT forgetting that in general and I'm looking forward to having a chat with the "expert" one day.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:52 PM
    This is such a touchy topic for me. Makes my skin very thin indeed. Up here in TO area all you have to do is take a stroll through a mall and visit a phone kiosk to raise the blood pressure. I think it comes down to lazy salespeople who just repeats what they heard the last uninformed person say. I remember one guy went into a Telus store to enquire about BlackBerry and he was approached by the "Apple" expert LOL. I wanted to intervene but I thought better of it. I said to myself that I I'm just a casual customer passing by and he's going to continue to do that when I'm gone. BUT, I'm NOT forgetting that in general and I'm looking forward to having a chat with the "expert" one day.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah the Apple experts maybe we should get BlackBerry experts selling apple products see how that works out for Apple. Apple overrated.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-29-14 12:58 PM
43 12