Just as 10.2.1.537 was released the media still going on reporting that BlackBerry is dying a slow death then pointed out the new features and enhancements of the latest release.

No mentioning that the latest release can load apk's direct on device either.

BlackBerry is down but not out as it releases a new software update | TechRadar

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:52 AM
    It will take time for the turn around. This is to be expected until then.
    01-28-14 09:53 AM
    Yeah. Just goes to show you that people will say and report whatever they want. Me? I choose to believe I love my Z10 and all it can do.
    01-28-14 09:54 AM
    I don't think you'll find a lot of media outlets listing features BBRY doesn't note itself.

I also sincerely doubt that proclaiming that feature will have the effect some people hope/think it'll have.
    01-28-14 09:59 AM
    It could cause more problems where users could blame BBRY for an android app not working correctly or corrupting the phone. For example issues with apps that require Google services to work.

I had one android app that killed the android runtime and had to wipe my phone to recover. Time will tell where this will go.

But I do love all the new features that I have been enjoying with the 1955 leak. BB10 improvements seem to be moving right along.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 10:05 AM
    It could cause more problems where users could blame BBRY for an android app not working correctly or corrupting the phone. For example issues with apps that require Google services to work.

I had one android app that killed the android runtime and had to wipe my phone to recover. Time will tell where this will go.

But I do love all the new features that I have been enjoying with the 1955 leak. BB10 improvements seem to be moving right along.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    01-28-14 10:11 AM
    Just as 10.2.1.537 was released the media still going on reporting that BlackBerry is dying a slow death then pointed out the new features and enhancements of the latest release.

No mentioning that the latest release can load apk's direct on device either.

Posted via CB10
    Don't believe anything you read in the media unless you heard it from Oprah
    or read it in the National Enquirer!
    01-28-14 02:37 PM
    This is something that would be great in a commercial, like one of those where people are sitting around comparing or bragging about phones. Imagine a bunch of Android owners talking about the latest app as exclusive to Android. The iPhone owner obviously can't get it, the Windows Phone owner is left completely in the dark, but then the BlackBerry owner downloads and installs the .apk file to everyone's surprise. Simple. Effective. The security of a BlackBerry with access to the world's largest app store. I'm not big on most Android apps, but I'm sure it'd get some people's attention.

Visit my channels Nintendo World AND Awesome Asian Movies
    01-28-14 03:59 PM
    I would LOVE to see that. That would be a great commercial. We need one of the BBRY fan boys with video talent to make it. CB Nation can fan it out.
    01-28-14 04:38 PM
    This is something that would be great in a commercial, like one of those where people are sitting around comparing or bragging about phones. Imagine a bunch of Android owners talking about the latest app as exclusive to Android. The iPhone owner obviously can't get it, the Windows Phone owner is left completely in the dark, but then the BlackBerry owner downloads and installs the .apk file to everyone's surprise. Simple. Effective. The security of a BlackBerry with access to the world's largest app store. I'm not big on most Android apps, but I'm sure it'd get some people's attention.

Bazinga

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:18 PM
    Actually... Blackberry is currently dying a slow death... it could go either way... time will tell..... As much as their is plenty of shoddy blogging... it does not offset the fact many need to tale off the rose color glasses and have harder look.... Fundimentals are not good right now.... Coming off the worst quarter in the company;'s history there is hopefully not where to go but up... or simply sink...
    01-28-14 07:06 PM
    Even Hollywood incorporated it's "downfall" into one of it's shows. Particularly the latest episode of The Blacklist mentioned blackberry in an analogy among a list of "things that nobody wants." which included Betamax and some kind of plague.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:15 PM

Nice commerce as long as it's a free app.
    01-28-14 07:21 PM
    Even Hollywood incorporated it's "downfall" into one of it's shows. Particularly the latest episode of The Blacklist mentioned blackberry in an analogy among a list of "things that nobody wants." which included Betamax and some kind of plague.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, American network television's feeble attempt to stay cool and attract the young people. I'd wager that more people still own and use BlackBerry devices in a single day than have seen a single episode of The Blacklist. Keep chasing those Emmys, NBC!

01-28-14 07:48 PM