How do I install Viber in my BlackBerry 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:34 AM
    I need to know too. Does it work well or does it require Play Services? Got to stick onto Viber till BBM rolls out voice for IOS and Android.
    01-28-14 07:45 AM
    Hope somebody will teach us

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:49 AM
    http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar

Download Snap to your PC or Mac and sideload that file to your BlackBerry.
    I'm hoping you guys are familiar with that process.
    Snap is a native BlackBerry App but not available in BBW yet. Once installed login with a Google play/Gmail account if you have one, if not register for one.
    You can download a lot of Android apps this way and get updates too when available. Follow this thread here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:07 AM
    Sooooo easy to install apps. I already installed Viber and Instagram now without a problem. Just search apk in Google and download it. Once done, just click on the apk and it just instantly be installed. I love my BlackBerry even more now!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:26 AM
    After upgrading to the latest OS 10.2.1.2102 (I had an earlier unofficial version of 10.2.1 before), Viber doesn't see/can't synchronize my contacts anymore. I have already uninstalled/installed Viber again but that doesn't help either.... Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!
    02-15-14 11:31 PM
    After upgrading to official OS 10.2.1.2102 I can download APK Apps but all of them has same problem "Connection Problem. Try again while you are connected". Viber same...
    I think apps are not using BIS Service as Network Connection! However; they are not working even WiFi too...
    Really get bored of BlackBerry after 5 years of increasing hardware and software problems!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:30 AM
    Im in 10.2.1 and inatalled viber both via snap or direct apk. Initially both result to not able to sync all contacts. Turn out viber only sync certain "type" of contacts that it see fit. Problem is BB10 maintains different type of contacts. In my case i have contacta from facebook, google and the invisible local account contacts. I was able to solve the problem but i cant recall how. Perhaps you can search through one of the thread about contacts. I wrote my whole fixing problem and since then its working fine

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    02-16-14 01:37 AM
    ...I wrote my whole fixing problem and since then its working fine...

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    What do you mean with this sentence, I don't understand!?!? Where did you write about it?

Thanks.
    02-16-14 02:06 AM
    How do I install Viber... i m using BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:31 AM
    How do I install Viber... i m using BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    Just please read the few previous posts before asking this...
    02-16-14 05:26 AM
    After upgrading to the latest OS 10.2.1.2102 (I had an earlier unofficial version of 10.2.1 before), Viber doesn't see/can't synchronize my contacts anymore. I have already uninstalled/installed Viber again but that doesn't help either.... Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!
    I just realized that other android applications that also need access to the BB contacts are not able to access them anymore since my 10.2.1.2102 OS upgrade...
    02-16-14 06:14 AM
    What do you mean with this sentence, I don't understand!?!? Where did you write about it?

Thanks.
    Sorry my fingers not following my brain. Anyway what im saying is that the problem lies in the contact/phonebook. And i wrote in another thread how i fix the contact problem, afterwhich the viber apps sync with BB10 contacts by itself. (it takes few minutes for viber to sync in all contacts)

I dont know how to link to that post so i just copy paste it here:

I followed your advice by deleting all facebook contacts and it does seem to solve the problem, however for the sake of others, pls be careful before you do the same. If a facebook contact is link with a contact from another account, that contact will be erase as well.

Anyway, i would like to share what my problem is, and what i did.

Problems:
    * facebook contacts autolinking with other contacts
    * adding new contacts saved entry into random name under a local contact
    * several local contacts that never goes away

My primary contacts are saved under gmail account so i made it sure that all contacts are clean from www.google.com/contacts

What I did:
    1. Delete GMail account (the one with that syncs the contacts)
    2. Clear Local Contacts (though i know it really doesnt clear all)
    3. Go to Contacts and filter by Facebook account only
    4. Delete all facebook contacts
    5. Install an android contact manager via snap (ie. Go Dialer Ex)
    6. Load up Go Dialer Ex (or the one you install)
    7. Delete all contacts shown (these are all local contacts which cant be seen from BB Contacts app)
    8. Hard reset phone
    9. Add back the Gmail account
    10. Let the phone sync (takes a long while)

Notice:
    * dont access any apps (even android ones ie viber) that reads or access any contacts while gmail is syncing. My first try i access Viber and my contacts gets a lot of duplicates. 2nd try I access Go Dialer Ex and again many duplicates and some contacts have repeated numbers in different field. 3rd try i waited all contacts to sync first (more than 500 of them) before i load viber and everything is 100% fine, no duplicates.
    * when adding a new contact, make sure to select which account to save to. We have this option under 10.2.1. And try not to save under local contact
    * my case i only have twitter, facebook and gmail account, if you have more, you might want to check each one out

Hope you all will have a clean contact list

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    02-16-14 04:09 PM
    @wasalph : I had the same predicament but I had my own solution as well sharing here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10014016
    02-16-14 07:34 PM