Guys, please help me.

I know the Storm being sold by Verizon is compatible with EDGE etc..

However, I would like to know if the phone being sold by Vodaphone is compatible with T-mobile's 3G network as I wouldn't mind paying to have the phone imported.
    11-04-08 12:45 AM
    No. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 12:58 AM
    Thanks fathom..

Man i'm stuck between two worlds. T-Mobile's prices can't be beat. However this Storm is something serious and I need a new phone.

Or should I say I'm tired of my current BB and need a new one. If I do buy the Storm I'm going to feel "****ted on" if a T-mo 3G compatible storm is later dropped. LOLz..
    11-04-08 01:01 AM
    Man i'm stuck between two worlds. T-Mobile's prices can't be beat. However this Storm is something serious and I need a new phone.

Exactly, it's serious.....t-mobile's great for those on a budget but if you can afford it verizon's DEFINITELY worth the upgrade.
    11-04-08 01:07 AM
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 9530 storm could possibly be unlocked and used on tmobiles standard EDGE network. The 9500 however could be unlocked and used for tmo's standard EDGE as well as ATT's 3g network. The biggest problem either way would be getting the service books to work but I believe there has been a workaround said to work on the Bold so in theory it could work on a storm.
    Mind you this is my taking on info that has been said at one time and I'm not sure if it still holds true.

11-04-08 01:14 AM
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 9530 storm could possibly be unlocked and used on tmobiles standard EDGE network. The 9500 however could be unlocked and used for tmo's standard EDGE as well as ATT's 3g network. The biggest problem either way would be getting the service books to work but I believe there has been a workaround said to work on the Bold so in theory it could work on a storm.
    Mind you this is my taking on info that has been said at one time and I'm not sure if it still holds true.

CX posted that this can be done with the 9530 but to take advantage of AT&T 3G, you need the 9500. So to OP, yes you can.
    11-04-08 02:14 AM
    No. Sorry.

It will only work on T-Mobiles EDGE.

Sorry about that Fathom
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 11-04-08 at 11:06 AM.
    11-04-08 06:54 AM
    has anyone found out if the Storm actually includes wi-fi or not? I've only seen posts that it won't do wi-fi and not that it actually can't.

personally i think that if blackberry and RIM don't have it on there then that would be a huge loss on capability of the phone and potential loss of ip based 3rd party apps
    11-04-08 07:14 AM
    has anyone found out if the Storm actually includes wi-fi or not? I've only seen posts that it won't do wi-fi and not that it actually can't.

personally i think that if blackberry and RIM don't have it on there then that would be a huge loss on capability of the phone and potential loss of ip based 3rd party apps
    wont do = cant do = doesnt have wifi ok????????????????

blackberry website has a spec sheet
    11-04-08 10:54 AM
    I know that if I drive my car off a cliff that it WONT fly. So by that we can deduce that it CAN'T fly... (Given that this isn't Spaceballs and my car doesn't have a flux capacitor)

Its been said that it won't do wifi because it doesn't have wifi which means in can't do wifi.

Last edited by skyys; 11-04-08 at 11:07 AM.
    11-04-08 11:02 AM
    It will only work on T-Mobiles EDGE.

Sorry about that Fathom
    No problem. Take care.
    11-04-08 11:34 AM
    the funny part is that there is other computerized equiptment that wont perform certain functions. a great example it most things with windows vista, it won't do alot BUT it doesn't mean that it can't, it just means that the programers suck. i really appriciate the sarcastic comments for a simple question.

to better clarify... I won't find Skyys and run him down in my car, but that most certainly doesn't mean that i can't.

thanks again everyone
    11-04-08 01:57 PM
    the funny part is that there is other computerized equiptment that wont perform certain functions. a great example it most things with windows vista, it won't do alot BUT it doesn't mean that it can't, it just means that the programers suck. i really appriciate the sarcastic comments for a simple question.

to better clarify... I won't find Skyys and run him down in my car, but that most certainly doesn't mean that i can't.

thanks again everyone
    Its been reported that the 9530 and the 9500 DO NOT HAVE the hardware for wifi. Its not a matter of what programmers can do with the software. Its that the device WON'T do wifi because it CAN'T do wifi because the hardware is absent.

To better clarify... You won't find me and run me down with your car because when you have no car, that most certainly means that you can't.

Your welcome.

Last edited by skyys; 11-04-08 at 03:01 PM.
    11-04-08 02:56 PM
    If I knew, I wouldn't have asked. instead of being rude you could have simply directed me to look at the other forms. thanks for waisting both of our time...
    11-05-08 07:03 AM

What does an ip based app have to do with wifi when you access the web with the phone you have an ip so what was that statement all about there won't be any "loss" of capability

11-05-08 07:36 AM
    If I knew, I wouldn't have asked. instead of being rude you could have simply directed me to look at the other forms. thanks for waisting both of our time...
    Wasted? I've enjoyed our chat. Think of it this way, you just learned a valuable lesson.

11-05-08 11:26 AM
    Storm no wifi!!!
    11-05-08 11:59 AM
    Wasted? I've enjoyed our chat. Think of it this way, you just learned a valuable lesson.

I've learned that your a ***** and that you have no reguard with helping a cause but instead you enjoy causing discontent. you are part of the society that can all burn to death in times square as we ring in a new year and a fresh start without self absorbed morons that like to be the problem instead of fixing it.

go ahead and post all you want about or to me from now on, im done with this thread and you, i have wasted more time than I should have with a twit like you.
    11-05-08 12:16 PM
    I've learned that your a ***** and that you have no reguard with helping a cause but instead you enjoy causing discontent. you are part of the society that can all burn to death in times square as we ring in a new year and a fresh start without self absorbed morons that like to be the problem instead of fixing it.

go ahead and post all you want about or to me from now on, im done with this thread and you, i have wasted more time than I should have with a twit like you.
    You're upset about something aren't you?
    11-05-08 12:22 PM

Lol I was just going to say for the lesson learned, reference my avatar. If you did realize that, then I definitely helped the cause AND these forums. Cheer up, rugglesja. Only a couple more months until you get to watch me burn! Hugs?

Last edited by skyys; 11-05-08 at 12:31 PM.
    11-05-08 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD