I just bought the privacy protector transparency cover from Verizon, and I have to say I'm not completely satisfied. the edges of the transparency don't completely stick because the screen has a slight curve to it, and every time the screen backlight is off I can see the flaw. Maybe I am just an overly picky person, but I would think that this wouldn't be a problem with a Verizon accessory.
    11-03-08 11:29 PM
    Take it back and show it to them. I have heard a few people that had the same problem. And were able to get the screen protector replaced..
    11-03-08 11:33 PM
    mine does the same thing and ya its annoying as one time it sort of peeled off and got junk up under it but ive learned to just live with it for the mean time
    11-04-08 07:13 AM
    I hate mine too. How do you get it off? it is soooo stuck down. It says on the package to replace it when worn. I love my invishield so much more. I will be going back to that as soon as I figure out how to get this one off.
    11-04-08 08:44 AM
    Taking it off? Hmm...Doesn't the directions tell you how to take it off? If not, check the company website who actually made the film. I would say like nail-polish remover but don't know what that'll do to the screen. Or a heatgun on low heat at a distance to make the glue "wet" again, but again, don't know what that'll do to the screen.

I was thinking about getting one of those for my curve and the wife's 8830 but may get an otterbox for my curve instead and just use that as a screen protector and cut the keyboard part off.

I know a lot of people who just put a piece of clear laminate paper over their screen to protect it.
    11-04-08 08:59 AM
    hmm thats interesting as mine just peels off fine..cuz i actually had mine on a little sideways and peeled it off and cleaned it a little and put it back on.

crackberry sells a screen protector that has privacy protection i might get because you can take it off and clean it
    11-04-08 09:22 AM
    Its funny. It is a stuck as can be. My sides are not all the way down either, so maybe I will try to slide a piece of thread behind it and pull it up that way.
    11-04-08 09:31 AM
    I had the same issue on an 8310, due to the design of the housing lens. It should fit perfectly on an 8330, however.
    11-04-08 09:33 AM
    This is a good thread for me.

I've been looking for a screen protector. The privacy isn't a big deal to me but I was gunna get it and kill 2 birds with one stone.

My biggest concern is protecting the screen, what would people recommend for that?

I see on crackberry they have a privacy screen for $15 or 3 clear screen protectors for $15.

Are there any other better screen protector films out there not on crackberry?
    11-04-08 09:40 AM
    These things just peel off. I've had the same one on mine for months. You can clean them with those alcohol wipes and it'll restore both sides. The viewable side and the sticky side. Just make sure you use a lint free cloth to wipe it off after the alcohol dries or else you will see the smudges.
    11-05-08 01:20 PM
    I've got a piece of dust stuck under the protector that I just put on...you think its ok to lift up a corner to get the piece out and then reapply the protector?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 02:15 PM
    ive gotten dust under mine and ti seems that if u peel it up it wont stick as good but it will stick bak down
    01-11-09 02:22 PM
    I purchased the same protector. It was the biggest waste of 10 dollars. I have the same issue with the left and right sides of the protector not staying adhered to the screen. I was better off leaving the plastic cover that came on the phone installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD