I know it has been discussed on other threads and I have bought several apps that were supposed to keep the screen alive. However, I cannot keep the screen active when watching a video.

What apps are you using?
    01-27-14 09:46 AM
    I know it has been discussed on other threads and I have bought several apps that were supposed to keep the screen alive. However, I cannot keep the screen active when watching a video.

What apps are you using?
    Typically video apps keep the screen alive on PB and most platforms. I've never encountered a timeout with video, at least. Which app/site are you watching video through? I'm guessing it's a sideload?

The best option is streaming through Origami Browser, which has a keep screen on option.

If there's no way to stream through the browser, unfortunately there's no ideal solution. I use the app "Black Screen" (a paid app listed on BB World). Open that, along with the app you want to watch video in, then swipe from the bottom bezel to have both apps on screen. (A dumb solution, since the video/app window will be zoomed out.)

There's a two-finger swipe method that others will surely post, but I haven't tinkered with that.
    01-27-14 10:11 AM
    I am always at odds when I see this kind of post, I have never seen the PlayBook turn the screen off when a video is playing.

Where are you watching the video? Native Video app? Should keep the screen on. Browser using Flash/HTML5 to play videos should behave the same way.

01-27-14 10:12 AM
    My bad - I had tried to keep the screen live with other programs and had never run a pure video. Just did. Worked fine.

PLEASE accept my apologies.

Now if someone would just develop a two way miracast app so the Playbook would become a touch screen for my Z10.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-27-14 11:30 AM
    The larger form factor PB to control a smaller form factor BB10 device... Great Idea! Would be a great APP.! Yea Please.
    01-27-14 11:37 AM
    My bad - I had tried to keep the screen live with other programs and had never run a pure video. Just did. Worked fine.

PLEASE accept my apologies.

Now if someone would just develop a two way miracast app so the Playbook would become a touch screen for my Z10.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Oftentimes I like to have a video running while the screen is blank to (for example, listening to music through Youtube/Stereotube). In this case, the black screen app works well, because you can start your video, flip to the black screen app -- a nice way to have audio-only from a video and conserve some battery.
    01-27-14 11:50 AM
    I have loaded several workout videos to use while traveling. Got to keep on losing weight to get back to my bike racing weight for the first time in 20 yrs.
    01-27-14 04:46 PM
    Ah, nice! In that case, give this app a whirl:

Max Capacity Training - BlackBerry World
    01-29-14 12:06 PM