Hey everyone ...

Planning an upgrade from legacy BB to BB10, loving the physical keyboard on those old devices and i was automatically planning for the Q10 but ... the Q10 is around $220 more expensive than the Z10 where i live and I'm having second thoughts, I'm also used to virtual keyboards and i won't have any problems going back to using them, also read that the Z10 on screen keyboard rocks but my only concern is the battery life as i mainly use the device for business stuff and communications.

Is the extra investment worth it? Any advice?

Cheers ... !
    01-27-14 09:05 AM
    My experience :
    Battery life on Z approx 10 hours
    Battery life on Q approx 26 hours

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:08 AM
    If u get a Z might as well get the Z30. I personally have a Q10. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    01-27-14 09:12 AM
    Buy more batteries preferable Battery Charger Bundle...if you would get a Z10.
    nhanken and Haytham Hamad like this.
    01-27-14 09:15 AM
    I think it's very personal. I have both but I always use my Q10 because of the keyboard and battery life. I don'tt miss a big screen because I use it most of the time for e-mail, calling, texting, IM, social media and browsing on newssites...
    01-27-14 09:18 AM
    Where do you live? As a fellow arab like you, you should go for the q10 it's amazing and you're gonna love the keyboard

Posted via q10's mighty keyboard
    01-27-14 09:21 AM
    My experience :
    Battery life on Z approx 10 hours
    Battery life on Q approx 26 hours

Posted via CB10
    How do you get 26 hours on the Q? Took my phone of the charger 13:00. Time is 20:30 now. Only have 46% left. Only battery guru and snap2chat open, few texts, many snaps and checking Igrann a couple of times. I would qualify my use as "moderate". I still cant get 26 hours. I use many android apps as well tho, but still.

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-27-14 09:25 AM
    I agree that it really boils down to a personal choice. I love my Q10 but sometimes wish that the screen was larger.

I think it's very personal. I have both but I always use my Q10 because of the keyboard and battery life. I don'tt miss a big screen because I use it most of the time for e-mail, calling, texting, IM, social media and browsing on newssites...
    01-27-14 09:26 AM
    If u get a Z might as well get the Z30. I personally have a Q10. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    Not a big fan of large handsets but I do admit the goodies under the hood were tempting, but I'm discouraged by the price tag ... $700
    01-27-14 11:19 AM
    Pick the Q10 if you want good battery life, (I get a full day no problem), unless I play games for a little while, then 18hrs or so. the keyboard is also very nice.

Z10 if you're media consumption first type of person. The BB10 OS is well suited for the Z, also has a nice touch keyboard, probably best of them all. Battery meh, keep a charger around if your medium to heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:47 AM
    Buy more batteries preferable Battery Charger Bundle...if you would get a Z10.
    It's allot to carry around, but thanks for the tip!
    01-27-14 11:51 AM
    I agree that it really boils down to a personal choice. I love my Q10 but sometimes wish that the screen was larger.
    Exactly my concern! The combination of a small touch screen, hated it on legacy devices and always used the trackpad but this is not going to be an option on the Q10
    01-27-14 12:13 PM
    Where do you live? As a fellow arab like you, you should go for the q10 it's amazing and you're gonna love the keyboard

Posted via q10's mighty keyboard
    Happy to hear from another user suffering in a region which only into fruits
    I'm stationed in Jordan but I do travel back and forth to the gulf area. Glad you are enjoying your Q10 and hope I will soon.

Cheers ...
    01-27-14 12:17 PM
    How do you get 26 hours on the Q? Took my phone of the charger 13:00. Time is 20:30 now. Only have 46% left. Only battery guru and snap2chat open, few texts, many snaps and checking Igrann a couple of times. I would qualify my use as "moderate". I still cant get 26 hours. I use many android apps as well tho, but still.

As long as it can keep me through 10 hours of heavy to moderate usage I'm gonna be really happy. And no usage doesn't include gaming or video watching, only phone calls, texts and email.
    01-27-14 12:23 PM
    As long as it can keep me through 10 hours of heavy to moderate usage I'm gonna be really happy. And no usage doesn't include gaming or video watching, only phone calls, texts and email.
    For your use, you?ll be perfectly happy! I use my phone for phone calls, whatsapp, instagram, sms, email, snapchat, heavy usage of news apps (most of them are android ports), some bbming, Cb10 and facebook. Im a huge fan of Mma, and since BBW doesnt have the apps i need, i need to use the android ports. I can get 9-12 hours out of my phone if im lucky.

01-27-14 12:44 PM
    I just got a Q10 three days ago and even on the first day, when the phone is busy indexing stuff and I'm playing with all the setting and what-not I got about 14 hours of heavy usage. If all I do is text, make calls, email and do some social networking I'd get at least 20 hours. It'll also depend on your cell connectivity. I don't have LTE where I am (HSPA+ only) but it's a pretty decent signal strength. If the phone has to work pretty hard to keep connected to the cell towers because of poor signal strength then you'll get shorter battery life.
    This is my first Blackberry and I hope that either it lasts until I die or Blackberry doesn't stop making great phones like this. I bought it at a reduced price from AT&T (they're no longer carrying them in their retail stores) but I'd pay full price for the next one if I had to. Loving it.
    01-27-14 12:47 PM
    For your use, you?ll be perfectly happy! I use my phone for phone calls, whatsapp, instagram, sms, email, snapchat, heavy usage of news apps (most of them are android ports), some bbming, Cb10 and facebook. Im a huge fan of Mma, and since BBW doesnt have the apps i need, i need to use the android ports. I can get 9-12 hours out of my phone if im lucky.

Well that's superb! The Q10 is going to be purely a communications device, no apps what so ever other than the basic business tools, the rest of the beating, sideloading monkey business and media consumption is reserved to my Playbook

Thanks mate...
    01-27-14 01:38 PM
    I just got a Q10 three days ago and even on the first day, when the phone is busy indexing stuff and I'm playing with all the setting and what-not I got about 14 hours of heavy usage. If all I do is text, make calls, email and do some social networking I'd get at least 20 hours. It'll also depend on your cell connectivity. I don't have LTE where I am (HSPA+ only) but it's a pretty decent signal strength. If the phone has to work pretty hard to keep connected to the cell towers because of poor signal strength then you'll get shorter battery life.
    This is my first Blackberry and I hope that either it lasts until I die or Blackberry doesn't stop making great phones like this. I bought it at a reduced price from AT&T (they're no longer carrying them in their retail stores) but I'd pay full price for the next one if I had to. Loving it.
    LTE is still a bit of Science fiction over here HSPA signals are available but unreliable and do a great job draining batteries, learned how to live with it, it's been the case with almost every bloody smart phone I ever had (aside from BBs).

Well when it comes to great BB devices, I think the party just started and the best is yet to come!

Thanks for dropping by...
    01-27-14 01:45 PM
    Huh.. Q vs. Z... Either you want a keyboard or you don't. Not really a question to ask people.. it's a personal perference thing.

As for which Z.. 30 all the way.
    01-27-14 02:06 PM
    Have never owned either Z device but given that you are coming from a legacy device, I would expect the jump to the Q is going to be significant and I would guess a big improvement. While the battery cannot compete with the legacies, for a modern OS smartphone, the Q battery is way better than anything else on the market. As to advantages on the devices, my opinion is that you have to determine primary usage. If the phone is primarily a communications device that you will use for occasional browsing, then the Q is the better option. If your primary use is media and browsing, the bigger display would be advantageous. You won't go wrong either way, but if you love that keyboard, don't underestimate its value to you.

Posted via CB10
    Haytham Hamad likes this.
    01-27-14 02:14 PM

I'm not a big app gal. CrackBerry, Facebook, Twitter And weather apps. I talk on my BlackBerry and text a good bit. I turn most notifications off, at very least I turn off all vibrating. No gaming though, that's for my Kindle.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 02:23 PM
    Oh yeah.. wifi makes a difference too!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 02:29 PM
    I got the same question 1 month ago. I ghave used both Z10 and Q10. The Q10 is better for purely comms / email / text / BBM action etc. The battery is WAY better than the one in the Z10. I have to admit that sometimes I miss the touch keyboard of the Z10, but to tell you the truth I haven�t looked back. Go for the Q10, also (if it matters, has a more professional look.)
    Haytham Hamad likes this.
    01-27-14 02:32 PM
    I got the same question 1 month ago. I ghave used both Z10 and Q10. The Q10 is better for purely comms / email / text / BBM action etc. The battery is WAY better than the one in the Z10. I have to admit that sometimes I miss the touch keyboard of the Z10, but to tell you the truth I haven�t looked back. Go for the Q10, also (if it matters, has a more professional look.)
    Hmm ... It kinda bugs me that I don't get why the huge difference in power consumption, yes I know that bigger screens use more juice but it shouldn't be that bad! Must be a buggy power management profile or something, I wonder how things are in Z30 land.

Thx allot.
    01-27-14 03:04 PM
    Huh.. Q vs. Z... Either you want a keyboard or you don't. Not really a question to ask people.. it's a personal perference thing.

As for which Z.. 30 all the way.
    I tend to disagree, a black vs. white Q10 is a personal preference, i believe Q10 vs. Z10 is a total different experience.
    01-27-14 03:10 PM
31 12