I have written allot of post about my love hate relationship with Blackberry because of the issues I had with my z10 when I bought the device on launch day last year. Restarts, 10.0 software issues and so on. So I went back to IOS and my iPhone 5S. I finally decided to bite the bullet, give Blackberry another chance and bought a new z30 100-5 unlocked model from a Canadian seller off Craigslist last Friday. The person was nice enough to give me his contact data, so if I have any warranty issues in the future, he would help me to exchange the device if that ever becomes necessary.

I finally decided to come back to Blackberry after have some major issues with my iPhone 5S the past month and I really have grown tired of the stale IOS7, seriously. It was a hard decision because I have allot of money invested in the Apple app ecosystem and I use Mac's in my business, but with the release of the 10.2.1.195 leak I decided to go for it.

I installed the 10.2.1.195 leak the day I bought my z30 home, I side loaded the Snap app and installed all the core apps I was using on my iPhone 5S, with the exception of a few news and sports apps that don't run with the current runtime on the leak. I know they are not the paid apps I had in IOS, but they function just as fine as my paid ones did. I found after a couple days of using the z30 as my daily driver, I am not missing the paid ones at all and the add banners are a non issue for me.

The Hub, the first thing I noticed was having the Hub again, what a valuable software function. I know that IOS and Android have the notification screen, but it's not even close the functioning like the hub does. The priority hub functions in 10.2 is also a very nice feature. The LED light blinking is another feature I liked having back. I have seen postings about folks having issues with their Facebook and Twitter notifications in the Hub on 10.2, but mine are working fine. I have used Android and IOS allot and none of them have anything that compares the the functionality of the hub, period.

Lock screen notifications and peak, I like the feature of having my messages show up on the lock screen and being able to just tap the message and it takes me right to it. The peek function is also a valuable feature to me now. Going back to using the swipe functions compared to using the home button takes some getting used to, but after using the device for a couple of days, I find it easier to navigate rather then keep pressing the home button to go back and forth.

The Screen, I read allot of forums talking about how the screen is not up to par with what is currently out there, to this I say BS. I find the screen to be excellent for what I use the device for, which is my emails, texting and social apps. The colors are bright, the text is sharp and easy to read. I am not a gamer and I don't watch movies or videos so I can't tell you how good the screen is for these functions. I don't see the pixel density issue everyone is talking about, I compared my z30 against my sisters Galaxy S4 using the apps I normally use and I don't see any difference, period. I have found having the extra screen space is wonderful for composing my emails and reading PDF and DOC files from my clients, it's a hell of allot better then that tiny screen on my iPhone 5s where I had to constantly use the pinch zoom function when reading text.

Build and Feel, the z30 has a nice solid and quality feel to it, I feel like I got a nice product for the $400.00 US dollars I spent for the device. I find the z30 much easier to use then the Note 3 or xPeria Z, which I found where impossible for me to use as a daily driver. The z30 is the perfect fit for someone looking for extra screen space like myself.

Warranty and Support, I do miss having the Apple store when it comes to any warranty and support issues I might have down the road. My carrier T Mobile has all but abandoned the brand here and Blackberrys warranty policy is not consumer friendly, especially here in the USA. But, I will worry if and when that time comes and I know the Canadian seller will keep his word in helping me to exchange the device.

I sold my iPhone 5S on Craigslist this past Saturday and I am recommitting to Blackberry and the z30 again, I know there are folks out there who might think I am nuts. But, I have found that what I now expect out of my smartphone, Blackberry and OS 10.2.1 are going to work perfectly. I also find myself not being able to put the z30 down, I use it for everything now, Facebook, emails, messaging and so on.

Addicting, yes it is and I am happy to say I made the right decision to come back into the Blackberry community. I just hope the new folks in charge will show the same commitment as the loyal Blackberry community and myself have? Only time will tell. For now I am rocking on my new z30 100-5 on the T-Mobile USA LTE network.
    01-27-14 07:18 AM
    Nice write up. The z30 looks like a solid device.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-27-14 07:21 AM
    Welcome back,enjoy your Z30 ,I wish I had one.
    01-27-14 07:29 AM
    Awesome choice and welcome back to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 07:31 AM
    As long as you're happy that's what matters.
    01-27-14 07:40 AM
    I am in the same boat too. I have been a BlackBerry user for a long time and the last BLackBerry I had was Torch 9810(prior to Z10). It was a good phone but the freezing screen was a major issue, so I picked a iPhone 5 which I totally LOVED it. Used iPhone 5 for 9 months and thoroughly enjoyed it. notification screen and closure of apps was a concern for me.

Then, I gotta very good deal on eBay for Z10. I was bit nervous as BlackBerry always had issues but I was wrong. What a device Z10 t is. Simply, awesome.. The hub, active frames, time shift camera, snappy processor, rock solid OS, Th iconic red blinking light, universal search option(which I used the most), Bedside mode

So, yea.. A very wise decision made, enjoy buddy
    01-27-14 07:52 AM
    I did the same thing! Except that I went from the Z10 to a Moto X, then the Z30. Use mine for pretty much the same things you are and find it superior to the Moto X for those purposes.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    01-27-14 07:53 AM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry! It's very brave of you to bite the bullet on your way back!

the Z30 is awesome and I also upgraded to it from a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:54 AM
    Now people are getting sick with android and ios.
    I think it's time for BlackBerry to step up.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:10 AM
    I was an iUser until my 4s. When I got rid of that I never looked back, and I don't plan on it any time soon. I've always been a Blackberry user and used my Torch along side my iPhone 4S. The day I bought a Z10 it became my one and only phone. I saw as plain as the nose on my face how antique and outdate the iPhone really is. I know it's 2007 technology and thinking, but I never really considered it old ... until I used my Blackberry - now it feels like using my StarTac back in the day
    As you mentioned in your post about the hub, and peek and other features, I found these alone showed me what I was in store for. I've always been they type to have the newest toys to play with, and the Blackberry 10 family is future technology that nobody even comes close to using. There are apps, tweaks, and methods for simulating some of the things my Blackberry is capable of, but it's not the same. I believe that the current OS only taps a fraction of the power this phone is capable of, and I can't wait to see what's in store.
    01-27-14 10:27 AM
    U take good deceasion
    BlackBerry is father of ios
    I thik
    U did not use ever curve and bold phone
    This like a second part of movie u miss first part
    But u take a good deceisen

Mani bhinder
    world saviour likes this.
    01-27-14 10:40 AM
    U take good deceasion
    BlackBerry is father of ios
    I thik
    U did not use ever curve and bold phone
    This like a second part of movie u miss first part
    But u take a good deceisen

Mani bhinder
    I had a BlackBerry 7100 series back in the day, one of my favorite devices. I still love the older track wheel menu navigation.

Sent from my z30 with 10.2.1.195
    01-27-14 10:47 AM
    Yo man nice
    After this I always used Nokia symbian
    3650 to Nokia8
    After symbian
    I changed my track to BlackBerry
    Between I used bold 9780 and curve
    Nice to talk u

Mani bhinder
    01-27-14 10:56 AM
    Great hear the good review about your new Z30. Basically what matters is the whatever phone you choose it works well for you! I am getting tired of posts saying the screen on th eZ30 is no good. Or posts like that ***** saying Blackberry users are stupid for using A BB10 phone. Once again i don't care if you prefer an Iphone or Glaxay S4 or what ever, as long as it works for you. But don't try to justify your criticism of Z30 buy making ridiculous statements with no facts to back you up. Go to an Android or Apple forum if you feel that way. This forum is for entertainment and help or advice for BB10 users. We don't need trolls coming here and trying to be cute!
    01-27-14 11:01 AM
    I have written allot of post about my love hate relationship with Blackberry because of the issues I had with my z10 when I bought the device on launch day last year. Restarts, 10.0 software issues and so on. So I went back to IOS and my iPhone 5S. I finally decided to bite the bullet, give Blackberry another chance and bought a new z30 100-5 unlocked model from a Canadian seller off Craigslist last Friday. The person was nice enough to give me his contact data, so if I have any warranty issues in the future, he would help me to exchange the device if that ever becomes necessary.

I finally decided to come back to Blackberry after have some major issues with my iPhone 5S the past month and I really have grown tired of the stale IOS7, seriously. It was a hard decision because I have allot of money invested in the Apple app ecosystem and I use Mac's in my business, but with the release of the 10.2.1.195 leak I decided to go for it.

I installed the 10.2.1.195 leak the day I bought my z30 home, I side loaded the Snap app and installed all the core apps I was using on my iPhone 5S, with the exception of a few news and sports apps that don't run with the current runtime on the leak. I know they are not the paid apps I had in IOS, but they function just as fine as my paid ones did. I found after a couple days of using the z30 as my daily driver, I am not missing the paid ones at all and the add banners are a non issue for me.

The Hub, the first thing I noticed was having the Hub again, what a valuable software function. I know that IOS and Android have the notification screen, but it's not even close the functioning like the hub does. The priority hub functions in 10.2 is also a very nice feature. The LED light blinking is another feature I liked having back. I have seen postings about folks having issues with their Facebook and Twitter notifications in the Hub on 10.2, but mine are working fine. I have used Android and IOS allot and none of them have anything that compares the the functionality of the hub, period.

Lock screen notifications and peak, I like the feature of having my messages show up on the lock screen and being able to just tap the message and it takes me right to it. The peek function is also a valuable feature to me now. Going back to using the swipe functions compared to using the home button takes some getting used to, but after using the device for a couple of days, I find it easier to navigate rather then keep pressing the home button to go back and forth.

The Screen, I read allot of forums talking about how the screen is not up to par with what is currently out there, to this I say BS. I find the screen to be excellent for what I use the device for, which is my emails, texting and social apps. The colors are bright, the text is sharp and easy to read. I am not a gamer and I don't watch movies or videos so I can't tell you how good the screen is for these functions. I don't see the pixel density issue everyone is talking about, I compared my z30 against my sisters Galaxy S4 using the apps I normally use and I don't see any difference, period. I have found having the extra screen space is wonderful for composing my emails and reading PDF and DOC files from my clients, it's a hell of allot better then that tiny screen on my iPhone 5s where I had to constantly use the pinch zoom function when reading text.

Build and Feel, the z30 has a nice solid and quality feel to it, I feel like I got a nice product for the $400.00 US dollars I spent for the device. I find the z30 much easier to use then the Note 3 or xPeria Z, which I found where impossible for me to use as a daily driver. The z30 is the perfect fit for someone looking for extra screen space like myself.

Warranty and Support, I do miss having the Apple store when it comes to any warranty and support issues I might have down the road. My carrier T Mobile has all but abandoned the brand here and Blackberrys warranty policy is not consumer friendly, especially here in the USA. But, I will worry if and when that time comes and I know the Canadian seller will keep his word in helping me to exchange the device.

I sold my iPhone 5S on Craigslist this past Saturday and I am recommitting to Blackberry and the z30 again, I know there are folks out there who might think I am nuts. But, I have found that what I now expect out of my smartphone, Blackberry and OS 10.2.1 are going to work perfectly. I also find myself not being able to put the z30 down, I use it for everything now, Facebook, emails, messaging and so on.

Addicting, yes it is and I am happy to say I made the right decision to come back into the Blackberry community. I just hope the new folks in charge will show the same commitment as the loyal Blackberry community and myself have? Only time will tell. For now I am rocking on my new z30 100-5 on the T-Mobile USA LTE network.
    and to replace the touch id thingy , there is the picture password combination magic , did u like it ?
    01-27-14 11:24 AM
    Great hear the good review about your new Z30. Basically what matters is the whatever phone you choose it works well for you! I am getting tired of posts saying the screen on th eZ30 is no good. Or posts like that ***** saying Blackberry users are stupid for using A BB10 phone. Once again i don't care if you prefer an Iphone or Glaxay S4 or what ever, as long as it works for you. But don't try to justify your criticism of Z30 buy making ridiculous statements with no facts to back you up. Go to an Android or Apple forum if you feel that way. This forum is for entertainment and help or advice for BB10 users. We don't need trolls coming here and trying to be cute!
    I know how you feel, when I post something good or bad about BlackBerry it's because I am hoping someone up there in Waterloo is reading these post and get it to someone who will do something about it.

What I would really like to see is someone at BlackBerry get with T Mobile here in the USA and try and convince them to start carrying the brand in their stores again.

I would make sure the 10.2.1.xx release is on the devices before they try and market the brand here again.

Sent from my z30 with 10.2.1.195
    01-27-14 11:27 AM
    OP, great post and like everyone else has said.. Welcome back.
    I too used BB a few years back and liked it. I then did the normal Iphone route, then windows phone and finally andriod. I have to say, without doubt, the Z30 and BB10 (10.2.1.1925) has been fantastic. I'm loving the exclusivity of it all. Some of my peers think I'm mad..I couldn't care less. I know a good thing when I see it and use it.
    I can't see me moving away from BB for a very long time... in fact, I've just purchased 5 more z30 for my sales guys to use. They are dropping iphones and nexus's ..
    01-27-14 11:39 AM
    Great to hear that you are loving your Z30 and keep the momentum rolling =).

OP, great post and like everyone else has said.. Welcome back.
    I too used BB a few years back and liked it. I then did the normal Iphone route, then windows phone and finally andriod. I have to say, without doubt, the Z30 and BB10 (10.2.1.1925) has been fantastic. I'm loving the exclusivity of it all. Some of my peers think I'm mad..I couldn't care less. I know a good thing when I see it and use it.
    I can't see me moving away from BB for a very long time... in fact, I've just purchased 5 more z30 for my sales guys to use. They are dropping iphones and nexus's ..

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:04 PM