I got a new z10 from my carrier and too late to take it back. They convinced me to get this phone only few months after it came out and still have it. They told me there lot potential coming to BlackBerry. We'll it's been months and still think this phone is garbage. I know big BlackBerry guys will disagree but I came from android and so miss it. I know you can side load apps everyone I didn't forced close when I opened it. I'm just fed up with BlackBerry promises etc since they brought out this phone and nothing. Well on the hunt to get another android phone. My carrier wants like 300 for upgrade but I can get an s4 or Sony z1. Sorry this my rant but BlackBerry disappointed me.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:04 PM
    What exactly about Android do you miss? Or a better question might be what flaws do you find with the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:06 PM
    Better yet, what OS version is on it? Try 10.2.1.1925 if you haven't yet. Big improvement over a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:32 PM
    Lack of apps is big issue now with ps4 I'm a gamer I like the Playstation app but only on ios and android and the nfs rivals app too. These are just recent apps so not issue yet. I miss Netflix I travel a lot and like be able to watch my Netflix. It upsets me that Netflix is on all platforms except BlackBerry. I like clean active frame really bother me I know I can close them.out etc but really don't like them on here. At first I thought I try it out but after while start being annoying lol. I have close all my apps by hitting the "x" I like just hit home button and done. If want go close apps in background hold the button and hit trash can. I find a lot of the apps for BlackBerry are very poor. I been a fan of BlackBerry years ago and went to android but thought try them again and honestly I feel BlackBerry should just give up. I actually hate using my BlackBerry. I believed the lady at the store and took a chance and just regret it. Waiting to do my upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:38 PM
    I got a new z10 from my carrier and too late to take it back. They convinced me to get this phone only few months after it came out and still have it. They told me there lot potential coming to BlackBerry. We'll it's been months and still think this phone is garbage. I know big BlackBerry guys will disagree but I came from android and so miss it. I know you can side load apps everyone I didn't forced close when I opened it. I'm just fed up with BlackBerry promises etc since they brought out this phone and nothing. Well on the hunt to get another android phone. My carrier wants like 300 for upgrade but I can get an s4 or Sony z1. Sorry this my rant but BlackBerry disappointed me.

Posted via CB10
    Wait a minute. If you tried side loading, then why not just load the newest leak 10.2.1.1925 ? You can feast on android apps till the cows come home. Not everyone will work, but lots of major ones do. IMHO, I don't feel BlackBerry has disappointed me at all. Actually, BlackBerry 10 has really bloomed in only 1 year!

DirtyThirty Zed it
    01-26-14 08:39 PM
    Lack of apps is big issue now with ps4 I'm a gamer I like the Playstation app but only on ios and android and the nfs rivals app too. These are just recent apps so not issue yet. I miss Netflix I travel a lot and like be able to watch my Netflix. It upsets me that Netflix is on all platforms except BlackBerry. I like clean active frame really bother me I know I can close them.out etc but really don't like them on here. At first I thought I try it out but after while start being annoying lol. I have close all my apps by hitting the "x" I like just hit home button and done. If want go close apps in background hold the button and hit trash can. I find a lot of the apps for BlackBerry are very poor. I been a fan of BlackBerry years ago and went to android but thought try them again and honestly I feel BlackBerry should just give up. I actually hate using my BlackBerry. I believed the lady at the store and took a chance and just regret it. Waiting to do my upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    All the android apps that you listed works in 10.2.1.1925, in what os you are?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:41 PM
    I have used ddpb and use Google Chrome extension and every app I side loaded when I opened it the app would force close every single app

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:42 PM
    Running 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:43 PM
    Well at least got Skype took forever but it showed up finally but there couple games I miss and apps from android. Netflix and nfs rivals apps I want I use on computer but they have app for it. Like instagram and like get the Playstation app games like candy crush and into the dead awesome game btw lmao

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:46 PM
    Update to 10.2.1.1925 and enjoy all the Android you can stand.

If you only knew, you'd be typing on a Z30 like me! - CB10 App
    01-26-14 08:47 PM
    What difference with z30 then z10 beside bigger screen

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:49 PM
    I understand the app thing with new update but won't change the active frames and no notification on drop down and voice thing on here sucks. Question with new update can you get Google maps on it I like it way better then BlackBerry maps

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:51 PM
    Better battery life, better antenna, better speakers, Miracast, USB OTG, Wi-Fi Direct and more

On short, it's a Z10 on all kind of steroids
    But seeing as active frames and such bother you, that you still need a home button after using the Z for a while, it seems like you don't like the OS itself.

For notifications you get the Hub. It's almost the same as the Android drop down menu, with exception that the toggels for wifi and such are in a drop down by themself.
    Don't use Google Maps nor Voice Control, so no comments on either

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:54 PM
    Update to 10.2.1.1925 and enjoy all the Android you can stand.
    Trevor, as said several times in this thread, load the latest leak and you will find your Z10 does what you want it to. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:55 PM
    If want bigger screen like z30 why not go with Sony z1 etc with quad core processors I know android more demanding but dual core is dying.out now with demand of the games etc coming out. I don't play a lot of games on it but some apps becoming more demanding too. Don't you guys feel that BlackBerry still too far behind. Was upset me the most is the playbook I love playing movies on it but again no Netflix and.now no support for it. Wish they do a pb 2 or something was great device but no apps on it. For tablet you think you could get Netflix lmao

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    01-26-14 08:56 PM
    Trevor, as said several times in this thread, load the latest leak and you will find your Z10 does what you want it to. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    I will try out the update when it comes out. I don't know how to install the leak and don't wanna brick my phone. I just know side loading never worked at all. Yeah I do have say I'm not fan of the os. Told me at store it's gesture based I would get used to it but not a fan lmao. Thanks for your input guys I won't be doing upgrade for another month so I will give it a try with new update. I know with new update I can prob get all the android apps I want. Just bugs me to have keep frames running in my battery one shows percentage or have close them out all the time wish I could do like playbook swipe up and the go away lmao

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:03 PM
    Last question for you guys I have like 10-12 apps and says my 16gb is close to full I have no music or pictures on my phone I have 32gb card in my phone is there anyways to store apps on SD card like android does

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:05 PM
    Last question for you guys I have like 10-12 apps and says my 16gb is close to full I have no music or pictures on my phone I have 32gb card in my phone is there anyways to store apps on SD card like android does

Posted via CB10
    Cleanmaster keeps offering to move my Android apps, but I removed my SD card a whole back and haven't gotten around to replacing it.

And yes, Google Maps is available.

Attachment 242028
    Last edited by Reubechs; 01-26-14 at 09:28 PM.
    01-26-14 09:18 PM
    Cleanmaster keeps offering to move my Android apps, but I removed my SD card a whole back and haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Posted via CB10
    Cleanmaster is an android app

Posted via CB10
    Fatfool likes this.
    01-26-14 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is and it cleans after your Android apps on BlackBerry 10. I use it once a week to clean after my Android apps. Also doubles as a task manager. Works great!
    The ability to install or move apps to the sd card renders the app unusable and you have to reinstall it to get it working again.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:29 PM
    So you have reinstall it every time you wanna use the app and do you delete it off the SD card before reinstall it

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:36 PM
    So you have reinstall it every time you wanna use the app and do you delete it off the SD card before reinstall it

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you're asking. If I install something, I use it unless it turns out to be useless or pointless. I don't currently have an SD card.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:43 PM
    I have some games like batman and spiderman and asphalt games that are over a gb each so just thought see if there a way I can out them on SD card and free up some my 16gb memory on the device. I know android you can move most.of the app to SD card and just bit on the device to basically start the app. Also is there a better way of accessing my pictures etc. Example if I go into photos I click on the picture and hit share and I can send it to fb etc. But if I'm not using the photo app and get a pic for example I don't have a Kijiji app on BlackBerry but I have a shortcut on my home screen when I click on image it brings me to file manager and certain pictures are all over the place. I have camera folder on SD card then downloads on device from pics I got.off Facebook etc. Just seem BlackBerry saves them all over the place and hard to find them thru file manager cause BlackBerry don't save them to one area. When I put SD card in said when open camera to save to SD card I agreed but if don't use camera it saves pics all over the place on the device depending where you save them.from

Sent from my ?Blackberry?? Z10
    01-26-14 10:43 PM
    Running 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    Your side loads are closing cus you're on an old os. Install the latest leak, 10.2.1 and any android files will run smoothly on your phone. You can install them directly from your phone as well.

Netflix included.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    01-26-14 11:02 PM
58 123