I do not like the form factor of the BB X devices, and I do not like touch screen keyboards.

Configure cyanogenmod for a 9900 series device and allow flashing. See what happens.
    01-26-14 02:13 PM
    Or, er, just get an Android qwerty?

Z10 until Z30
    01-26-14 02:28 PM
    I do not like the new form factor. I prefer having a trackpad as it makes navigation on small screens much easier. I am a small portion of the market, but it's going to be a very long time before I buy a new phone, unless they come out with a model that has the same features as the 9900 series.
    01-26-14 02:43 PM
    I do not like the new form factor. I prefer having a trackpad as it makes navigation on small screens much easier. I am a small portion of the market, but it's going to be a very long time before I buy a new phone, unless they come out with a model that has the same features as the 9900 series.
    /thread

Posted via CB10
    lnichols and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-26-14 02:45 PM
    If you are who blackberry is aiming there market to, then indeed they should fold as a company, it would be like saying I know what I'll do ill start a video game company catering to senior citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    02-03-14 11:59 PM
    I do have a Torch 9810, but hey, screw the trackpad. If they only brought out the WASD arrow keys as a keyboard combo like gamers do on desktops and laptops, that'd make my day.

The circle thingy is sometimes too inaccurate, moving one letter or line with keys would be great.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-04-14 05:56 AM
    I do have a Torch 9810, but hey, screw the trackpad. If they only brought out the WASD arrow keys as a keyboard combo like gamers do on desktops and laptops, that'd make my day.

The circle thingy is sometimes too inaccurate, moving one letter or line with keys would be great.

But.. but.. you can tap it! Far more accurate than dragging.
    02-04-14 09:11 AM
    How would you translate swipe gestures into a track pad? It would be a step backwards imo BB10 is about efficiency and ease of use.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    02-04-14 12:19 PM
    I agree OP! Bring back the track pad if people don't want to use it fine! But don't make the rest of uis suffer. If you ever need to write massive emails for work then you will feel this post. Word!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:00 AM
    I agree OP! Bring back the track pad if people don't want to use it fine! But don't make the rest of uis suffer. If you ever need to write massive emails for work then you will feel this post. Word!

Posted via CB10
    This is what everyone I know that switched to full touchscreen phones misses about blackberry. I *hate* navigating text documents with touchscreen.

What sold the full touchscreen phones more than anything was a platform that gave a s@*# about being developer friendly.
    02-09-14 10:12 PM
    But.. but.. you can tap it! Far more accurate than dragging.
    Tap.. tap.. I see what you did there!

Yes, I do the tapping. And it usually works fine. It's just VERY awkward when tapping near the send button (bottom bar, right side) on the TXT message screen.

More than a few times I sent off unfinished messages, and had to "..." my way out of it. Looks unprofessional.

That's why I want WASD arrow navigation for the circle thing / normal cursor.

02-10-14 08:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    At the end of the day, this is a question for BBRY. Is the userbase of customers who need the trackpad large enough for BlackBerry to justify implementation in BB10 devices?

Judging in the loss of most of the BBOS smartphone market-share in the US from a high of between 35% and 40% in 2010 to a low of less than 5% by the end of 2012.

And judging from the migration of a majority of these customers to ios and Android, which has no trackpad devices, I think not.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    02-10-14 11:58 AM
    I don't like your tone..

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-12-14 10:24 PM
    How would you translate swipe gestures into a track pad? It would be a step backwards imo BB10 is about efficiency and ease of use.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    People keep saying this, but I have no idea why. In Windows, you often can access the same screen via mouse, keyboard, and now touch. There's no reason why the BB 10 UI cannot be adapted to different input mechanisms. For example, imagine a BB 10 device with a trackpad, back button, and call buttons. On the home screen, swipe to the right on the trackpad to access the Hub and swipe to the right on the trackpad to access apps. If you're in an app and want to jump back to the home screen, press the End button and the app is minimized to an Active Frame. The whole Peek thing might be more challenging, but if the phone has a touch screen and trackpad, like the 9900, then it's a moot point--everything currently possible is still possible.
    02-14-14 04:16 PM
    People keep saying this, but I have no idea why. In Windows, you often can access the same screen via mouse, keyboard, and now touch. There's no reason why the BB 10 UI cannot be adapted to different input mechanisms. For example, imagine a BB 10 device with a trackpad, back button, and call buttons. On the home screen, swipe to the right on the trackpad to access the Hub and swipe to the right on the trackpad to access apps. If you're in an app and want to jump back to the home screen, press the End button and the app is minimized to an Active Frame. The whole Peek thing might be more challenging, but if the phone has a touch screen and trackpad, like the 9900, then it's a moot point--everything currently possible is still possible.
    The question is why would you do it? Why do you need a trackpad on a phone. You do not. It's a superfluous idea.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    lnichols likes this.
    02-17-14 07:13 AM
    The question is why would you do it? Why do you need a trackpad on a phone. You do not. It's a superfluous idea.
    Why do you need physical volume controls when there's a software volume slider within the OS? Answer: convenience, accuracy, efficiency.
    02-17-14 08:43 AM
    At the end of the day, this is a question for BBRY. Is the userbase of customers who need the trackpad large enough for BlackBerry to justify implementation in BB10 devices?
    Is the user base of customers who even *need* BB 10 large enough to justify it?
    02-17-14 08:47 AM
    THanks for your input!
    02-17-14 08:47 AM